Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → House season finale
House season finale
2008-05-19, 10:28 PM #1
If you have it dvred and haven't seen it I suggest you do so before you read this of course.

spoiler:
OMFG. I so wish I hadn't watched that...yet it was great TV. I almost actually cried. Probably doesn't help Ive been away from my wife for two weeks and have one to go though. But yeah, the two parter as a whole was good stuff
Think Them Skimpy thoughts!!!
2008-05-19, 11:51 PM #2
saddest. season finale. ever.

i cried like a little girl, it was just so sad.

also, i foresee some romance between cuddy and house
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-05-20, 12:03 AM #3
Was it Lupus?
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-05-20, 12:33 AM #4
Originally posted by landfish:
saddest. season finale. ever.

i cried like a little girl, it was just so sad.

Yea that. I always find it amazing when tv / movies can get people to do that.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-05-20, 1:04 AM #5
I thought the whole premise was illogical.

I mean really, shock someone's brain so they remember stuff? wtf?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-05-20, 7:48 AM #6
/_\

Great stuff.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-05-20, 7:57 AM #7
What happened thats so sad? (I dont watch house but I'm curious)
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-05-20, 8:05 AM #8
Originally posted by Jep:

Here's a brief synopsis of the episode:
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you!
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-05-20, 8:56 AM #9
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
Here's a brief synopsis of the episode:
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you!

D:
2008-05-20, 10:48 AM #10
Originally posted by Jep:

In the beginning of the season, House had a sort of "reality show" interview process where he had 30 potential doctors to be his underlings, replacing Foreman, Australian Dude and hot chick. He whittled it down to like 4 or 5, and this one girl, he deemed "Cutthroat *****" didn't get the job. However, like 4 episodes later, it was revealed that she and Wilson were dating. They'd fallen in love, and it strained Wilson's relationship with House. In the finale, House got in an accident while taking the bus home because he had spent the night at a bar, and as a result of the accident had Amnesia, but he could remember he had witnessed someone with a dire symptom that needed to be treated, but because of the amnesia, he couldn't remember who. At the end of the first part, it was revealed that it was "Cutthroat *****" who had the symptom, but he still couldn't remember what or why she was on the bus with him.

It turned out her organs were shutting down, and they couldn't figure out why, so they basically froze her body and put her on bypass. As it went on, House remembered that she had come to the bar because House had called Wilson for a ride home from the bar, but he wasn't home, and cutthroat ***** had come to pick him up. House left the bar without paying, and Cutthroat ***** paid his tab and came to meet him on the bus to give him his cane. The bus left and then the accident occured. The symptom he noticed was the flu, but she had been self medicating which shut down her kidneys and basically killed her. There was no way to save her, and she would die within 24 hours. The end of the episode was them bringing her temperature back up, and wilson and her lying in the hospital bed as Wilson shut off the bypass and had her in his arms as she died.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-20, 11:48 AM #11
And just to pile it on, Thirteen has Huntington's. What the hell?

.(
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-20, 11:56 AM #12
Originally posted by Freelancer:

Yeah, that was a bit of a stretch. From Polite Dissent:

"Even if deep brain stimulation could restore memory (and I see no indication in the medical literature that it can), there would be no way to target a specific memory. It’s also performed under general anesthesia (the patient is asleep), and the results are not instantaneous."

I didn't cry but I thought it was a very powerful episode and creates great potential for the beginning of season 5 (via "Wilson hating House" )

Also, ever notice how at the end of every almost House season we get to see House himself medically messed up some way?

Season 1: The story of House's infarction
Season 2: House gets shot and hallucinates
Season 3: Nothing I guess
Season 4: House gets in a bus accident and then has a seizure from the stimulation thing

Also, fishstickz: It's not that the Amantadine shut down her kidneys, it's that the bus crash killed her kidneys right after she had taken Amantadine, leaving her body with no way of filtering out the drug. They couldn't use dialysis because Amantadine binds to a certain protein (not sure on the details on this... someone from Polite Dissent actually offered a way they could have saved Amber but I didn't really read it).
一个大西瓜
2008-05-20, 12:02 PM #13
Pommy: I know, I was just giving a general idea of what happened for Jep.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-20, 12:51 PM #14
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Pommy: I know, I was just giving a general idea of what happened for Jep.

And its very sad. .(
2008-05-20, 2:43 PM #15
I have to say, on the whole, this might have been my favorite season of House. I thought the whole process of choosing the replacement team was hilarious, and the season finished quite strong. There were some weak points in the middle, but on the whole, I think it might just be the favorite.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2008-05-20, 7:59 PM #16
It was also exceedingly short. I think most seasons of House are 24 episodes while this was 16. That probably contributed to the lack of filler.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2008-05-20, 8:23 PM #17
Originally posted by Freelancer:

Say it with me.

TEE
VEE
MAGIC

You're gonna have stretches whenever you work in the media business.

Overall, I think the biggest stretch was House showing his true emotions. That was bull****. That's not House, that's not how he is--he's not tough, he just doesn't want to admit to anyone--not even himself, that he's miserable and in pain. If he does he loses all control, and control's what he's all about.

HOWEVER, some great screenwriting in this last piece. Now I'm not gonna bother with spoilers because...well c'mon. Seriously.

A) The Wilson Conundrum: He finally finds a girl who helps him become the man that can stay with a woman and commit. Then cutthroat ***** dies. I lolled. He blames house, goes home, finds the note, can't blame house now (because he was too preoccupied to go home for one second during the whole thing and figure out what was going on, to even sleep in his bed one night--he'll blame himself now), so him and House are OK. Good writing here; gotta give it up to Mr. Singer yet again.

B) House's internal struggle: As I've already said, utter bull****. Giving the fans what they've been waiting for, but to anyone with half a brain it's a let down--this isn't house. It's what you've been "wanting". Now you have no more reason to watch the show. There's no mystery if he's in pain, no mystery on if everything he says is sarcastic (which it is, but you still ask the question everytime he laughingly shrugs something off), and no question as to how much/whether or not he cares about Wilson. I just thought it was a bad touch. I guess he was in a nearly fatal and brain damaging bus wreck so maybe that's a decent excuse. Maybe.

C) Thirteen--oh go cry me a river. Who didn't see that one coming?
D E A T H
2008-05-20, 8:27 PM #18
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
C) Thirteen--oh go cry me a river. Who didn't see that one coming?

Oh, I saw it coming several episodes away. I still didn't want it to happen.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-20, 8:40 PM #19
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Oh, I saw it coming several episodes away. I still didn't want it to happen.

I would say it's always the hot ones--but hell, all the girls on House are smoking pretty much.
D E A T H
2008-05-20, 8:43 PM #20
except cutthroat *****.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-05-20, 9:00 PM #21
Originally posted by Ford:
except cutthroat *****.

I thought she was pretty hot.
D E A T H
2008-05-20, 11:01 PM #22
"House's Head" (Part I) = Brilliant.
"Wilson's Heart" (Part II) = Melodramatic.

Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
I thought she was pretty hot.

For some reason all I see in her is a female version of SAJN, thereby making your statement false (IMO.)
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-05-21, 1:20 AM #23
I think I would describe the whole season as "gimmicky". It seems as if the writers are running out of good ideas.
2008-05-21, 5:14 AM #24
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
"House's Head" (Part I) = Brilliant.
"Wilson's Heart" (Part II) = Melodramatic.

For some reason all I see in her is a female version of SAJN, thereby making your statement false (IMO.)

FAIL [/color]
D E A T H
2008-05-21, 1:26 PM #25
If no one has seen it, it was really good. If you want to see it, [SNIPE]. Yes, snipe.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-05-22, 11:26 AM #26
Booh, I really need to catch up on House. I've only seen through season 2 and those damn spoiler tags are so tempting .(
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2008-05-23, 11:11 AM #27
Just a little tidbit -- remember the Season 3 finale where the patient (that woman with the heart with the extra something) just came back to life after House took her off bypass and he was like wtf?

http://www.newsnet5.com/health/16363548/detail.html
一个大西瓜

↑ Up to the top!