Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Recommend me some beers
Recommend me some beers
2008-05-22, 12:23 PM #41
Originally posted by SAJN:
DOES NOONE DRINK SAM ADAMS ANYMORE?! :carl:

because it's **** and tastes like beer flavored soda
:master::master::master:
2008-05-22, 12:25 PM #42
Originally posted by stat:
because it's **** and tastes like piss flavored urine

Fixed
2008-05-22, 12:28 PM #43
I can't arse myself to read this thread, hopefully it's not about American brews.

Ew.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-05-22, 1:07 PM #44
Originally posted by stat:
because it's **** and tastes like beer flavored soda

I think they have some decent stuff for the price, but coming from SAJN, it's pretty funny.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-05-22, 1:20 PM #45
Everyone knows SAJN drinks poof juice anyway.
nope.
2008-05-22, 1:26 PM #46
Pyramid
Pissed Off?
2008-05-22, 3:41 PM #47
I don't care much for the Boston Lager, but Sam Adams Summer Ale is decent. Haven't had any of the other varieties.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-22, 8:06 PM #48
Did you just insult my sexuality?

Deleted posts make me look weird.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-22, 8:47 PM #49
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
I don't care much for the Boston Lager, but Sam Adams Summer Ale is decent. Haven't had any of the other varieties.

Why don't you just go ahead and join SAJN_Master over here;

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Prototelis/tea-party.jpg]
2008-05-22, 9:38 PM #50
back on topic lackeys
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-05-22, 10:25 PM #51
Originally posted by Avenger:
Pyramid

First thing I thought of was last St. Patty's day with my friends.

10 30 racks. One beeramid.

Beachball.

Win.
D E A T H
2008-05-22, 11:33 PM #52
Originally posted by Rob:
Why don't you just go ahead and join SAJN_Master over here;

Nah, hold the Smirnoff Ice, I'll have a beer.

Finally drank my long-awaited first New Belgium 1554 tonight, and it was everything I ever imagined it could be. This is truly a "dark" beer for drinkers of light-colored beers. My flatmate liked it, and he usually finds anything darker than a Fat Tire hard to drink. Delicious toasty, malty goodness. Fat Tire's the more popular beer from this brewery, but 1554 outdoes it. Emon, definitely consider this for your party.

Also had a Flying Dog Doggie Style Classic Pale. Piney Cascade hops. No other notes at this time. :v:
2008-05-23, 3:06 AM #53
Emon, what region do you live in? Instead of blowing some Belgians or North West beers up your ***, how about I try to figure out what's really available to you?

[Edit - Ah, right, RIT. I can't say I'm familiar with any of the smaller breweries out there. But you're far enough away that I doubt you'd have ease finding any western beer. So, wheat beers, I'd say look for Bavarian beers, something like Franziskaner or better yet, Ayinger. If you have access to any western beers, perhaps Rogue's Half-e-Weizen (Mo Ale), or Anderson Valley's High Roller Wheat. However, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of wheat beers, and since you don't like darks, I can't recommend much beyond this.]
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-05-23, 6:28 AM #54
get some of this in you
Attachment: 19399/Special_Brew.jpg (89,214 bytes)
2008-05-23, 6:28 AM #55
or this
Attachment: 19400/Tennents%20super%20can.jpg (118,989 bytes)
2008-05-23, 1:53 PM #56
Okay, well our party was last night and it was pretty awesome. I got quite drunk on several expensive beers. Unfortunately I was only able to get to the store about 15 minutes before it closed, so I didn't have a lot of time to look around.

What I got:

Duvel - Quite good with a hint of something...odd, I don't know. I liked it though.

Old Speckled Hen - I kind of liked it, I guess, but what the hell is it?

Leffe Blonde - They either didn't have the Triple or I couldn't find it in time. I loved this one though, it was quite fantastic.

Delirium Nocturnum - I accidentally got this instead of the Tremens. It was fairly dark, and pretty good, but not really worth $6 for one bottle.

Theakston's Old Peculier - Didn't get a chance to try this yet.

La Fin du Monde - Nothing new for me but damn did it help me get tanked.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll be sure to reference this thread in the future when I am looking for new beers.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-05-23, 1:59 PM #57
Originally posted by DEFINOTELY NOT SPE:
or this

This man knows his stuff.
nope.
2008-05-23, 2:44 PM #58
I'd expect him to seeing how he posts drunk 90% of the time.
2008-05-23, 6:28 PM #59
I believe your statistics are wrong.
nope.
2008-05-24, 11:26 PM #60
While the original purpose of this thread (recommending beers for Emon's party) is defunct, I have another recommendation. For those who like Imperial IPAs, Breckenridge 471 Small Batch is a fine example of the style and absolutely the best beer I've had from the Breckenridge brewery. Even my roommate (forgive me for using him once again as an example of the common beer drinker), who doesn't care for bitter beers at all, lauded this one as "not bad."

I got this one by chance; asked for the ACME California IPA and was told the bar had run out, but had the 471 recommended by the waitress instead.
2008-05-25, 1:13 PM #61
Stiegel for future reference. I'm not a beer fan but everyone I was with in Austria thought it was great
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-05-25, 2:17 PM #62
Originally posted by sugarless5:
Stiegel

YES

I really like Stiegl.
2008-05-25, 4:57 PM #63
Stiegl. There we go. Couldn't think of the spelling
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-05-26, 12:01 AM #64
I actually didn't even notice the misspelling when I quoted. I was too excited about seeing someone rep Stiegl. It's the best argument I've ever come across for having a beer for dessert.
2008-05-26, 1:26 PM #65
Harpoon if your from NEish

↑ Up to the top!