Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Outcast Single Player issues....
Jedi Outcast Single Player issues....
2008-05-21, 4:18 PM #1
Hey guys,

So I managed to pull out my old PC and reinstalled JO and JA to play the recent Dark Forces conversion. Now that I'm back in the fold I really wanted to play a few of the JO single player mods but unfortunately the mods section under options remains blank. I've tried with multiple mods and placed the data files pretty much damn near everywhere in and around GameData, but it's no use. The only stuff I can get working is Full on installation mods like Party Crasher. Any idea what the hold up is?
2008-05-21, 4:23 PM #2
Each mod should have a readme with installation directions. If it isn't there, then either that mod is not worth your time or your game is messed up.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-21, 4:33 PM #3
Same deal as always, you have to beat the game with just the bryar before you can use mods.
2008-05-21, 8:52 PM #4
Originally posted by RingMaster481:
Same deal as always, you have to beat the game with just the bryar before you can use mods.

yes^
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-05-21, 9:16 PM #5
If you place a directory under GameData it should show up as a mod. Usually you know you have it right if you end up with one or more PK3 files in that directory, or a DLL or two. Otherwise, there can simply be directories with the same name of directories that appear in the base PK3s like maps, sound, etc.

Whether you get it to show or not, you can force JA/JO to try and load a mod by launching it with the following command. This is for JA with the Dark Forces mod but you can use it for JO or for any other JA/JO mod.

jasp +set fs_game Dark

This will tell JA to load files from GameData\Dark before it looks in the default location GameData\base. So if you extracted the files in the wrong place JA won't find anything in GameData\Dark and it will load the normal game instead (you'll be able to tell right away it's not working).

2008-05-22, 8:09 PM #6
Do you sell quality JO mods?
2008-05-22, 8:39 PM #7
Huh? Where did selling come from? Or is that some obscure reference I don't get?

2008-05-22, 9:07 PM #8
It was directed at a spammer whose posts have since been deleted.

↑ Up to the top!