Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gun or Gas
Gun or Gas
2008-05-21, 6:41 PM #1
wait what
http://jalopnik.com/392524/missouri-dealer-offering-free-gun-or-free-gas-with-cars-though-we-see-a-way-of-getting-both

what a weird promotion
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-05-21, 6:43 PM #2
Originally posted by mb:
what a weird promotion

Quote:
Missouri Dealer

hello
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-05-21, 6:44 PM #3
ohhhh :eng101: i understand
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-05-21, 6:50 PM #4
As they say leaving mizzourah, I ain't goin' back to mizzourah.
nope.
2008-05-21, 7:20 PM #5
Awesome. If I needed a new car, and was dumb enough to go to missouri for one, and wanted a crappy gun that I didn't get to pick, and wanted a crappy car, I would totally go there.
Warhead[97]
2008-05-21, 8:30 PM #6
Originally posted by Baconfish:
As they say leaving mizzourah, I ain't goin' back to mizzourah.

i was going to post this if you didnt :P
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-05-21, 8:38 PM #7
There's currently an SA thread I've been reading about capital punishment, basically discussing what the best method of execution is. A lot of people are suggesting nitrogen asphyxiation or a bullet to the head. I was sure this thread was about that.
2008-05-21, 10:35 PM #8
plenty of dealers around here have given away free shotguns with vehicle purchases
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-05-22, 3:10 AM #9
Bullet to the head is messy if you want to have a vieiwing... gas leaves no marks.

Give me the gas.
2008-05-22, 9:33 AM #10
that's why you use a .22 to the back of the head... less mess low chance of exit wounds and it's the cheapest caliber
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-05-22, 11:06 AM #11
What, you guys don't get your free gun with purchase?
2008-05-22, 11:16 AM #12
A .50 BMG from say, an M82 would be guaranteed painless, simply because your brain can't perceive pain if it is in ten thousand pieces. Messy, though. Nitrogen or carbon dioxide asphyxiation would probably be painless and also very calm.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-05-22, 11:26 AM #13
Dude I wouldn't want to die of asphyxiation. Sounds pretty frightening if you ask me.

I came pretty close to dying of a fever. Hands down the best way to die, if you ask me. It was pretty awesome.
2008-05-22, 1:56 PM #14
Gah, knew that comment was going to derail the thread. Sorry.
Originally posted by Rob:
Dude I wouldn't want to die of asphyxiation. Sounds pretty frightening if you ask me.

Actually, apparently it's pretty much the best way to go (in terms of execution, not dying during sex or something):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_asphyxiation
Originally posted by Wikipedia:
When a human (or any other mammal) breathes in pure nitrogen, they exhale carbon dioxide without resupplying oxygen. Nitrogen is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that comprises approximately 78 percent of the Earth's atmosphere. As such, the subject would detect no abnormal sensation. This leads to asphyxiation without the painful and traumatic feeling of suffocation. Therefore, it is viewed by some as a more humane way to end a human life in a controlled setting.

Bullet to the head makes sense, IMO, from a cost and convenience standpoint. I'm pretty sure I'd also prefer it to lethal injection, with some of the associated horror stories. I say "bullet to the head" instead of "firing squad" because the stuff I've read about firing squad executions suggests things like the shooter(s) being at a distance of like 20 feet and aiming for the chest. That isn't going to be a pleasant death.
2008-05-22, 2:15 PM #15
Actually you'd die pretty darn fast. Twenty .30 caliber bullets chest won't leave you haging around for very long.
2008-05-22, 2:21 PM #16
it was my understanding that in a traditional firing squad only one rifle was loaded and none of the shooters knew who had the live round...
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-05-22, 2:45 PM #17
I'd always heard that it was the other way around, that one rifle had blanks.
2008-05-22, 2:48 PM #18
God, that "America" video is really tempting right now.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-05-22, 2:51 PM #19
It's still not comparable to Texan State Law, in which one would get a free gun with purchase.
2008-05-22, 5:57 PM #20
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
God, that "America" video is really tempting right now.

Threat of America video is as bad as America video -- motion for kickbankline kthxbai :rolleyes: :P
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-05-23, 6:43 AM #21
lol

[quote=the guy running the dealership]We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns.[/quote]
2008-05-23, 6:50 AM #22
old guy: "We all need to have guns."

Honestly though, I don't see what all the hubbub is about.

They're still requiring a background check. And they're offering an alternative for those who don't want guns. also.. in the us, GUNS ARENT ILLEGAL. (omg rly?)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2008-05-23, 6:52 AM #23
lol its real

Quote:
He added that the promotion was inspired by recent comments from one of the Democratic nominees for the presidential election, saying: "We did it because of Barack Obama.

"He said all those people in the Midwest, you've got to have compassion for them because they're clinging to their guns and their Bibles. I found that quite offensive. We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns."
2008-05-23, 8:36 AM #24
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Actually you'd die pretty darn fast. Twenty .30 caliber bullets chest won't leave you haging around for very long.

Originally posted by Wikipedia:
The process resumed with the execution of Gary Gilmore on January 17, 1977, at Utah State Prison in Draper. The five executioners were equipped with .30-30 caliber rifles and off-the-shelf Winchester 150 grain (9.7 g) SilverTip ammunition. The subject was restrained and hooded. The shots were fired at a distance of 20 feet (6 m), aiming at the chest. In his autobiography Shot in the Heart, Mikal Gilmore wrote that when he examined the shirt worn by his brother Gary during the execution, he found five bullet holes, indicating that all members of the squad had been armed with live cartridges and none with a blank round.

Anyway, it's not 20 bullets. Death is not going to be instant, and there will be suffering.

↑ Up to the top!