Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The radio made me mad.
The radio made me mad.
2008-05-22, 2:25 PM #1
Some douche on the radio was blathering about Jeffersonians, and how they think that all people are fundamentally good, and how people always think they are doing things for the right reason, and how he (and all democrats) are Jeffersonians.

Then the host mentions something about how Bush (and administration) really believe they are doing what's best, and the douche is all "No, they're evil in their hearts."

YOU CAN'T ASSERT THAT ALL PEOPLE ARE FUNDAMENTALLY GOOD AND THEN TURN AROUND AND SAY EXCEPT THEM.

Also he spouted some crock about war with Iran and how Bush would declare martial law and then suspend the election.

:psyduck:

He's right, though, all people ARE fundamentally good. And fundamentally stupid.
2008-05-22, 2:28 PM #2
grr radio

what program were you listening to?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-05-22, 2:40 PM #3
So the radio did it's job then, seeing as how it got you excited enough to post a whole thread about it.
2008-05-22, 2:43 PM #4
It was the Mike O'meara Show. Previously known as the Don and Mike show. And the guest was Detective Munch.
2008-05-22, 2:44 PM #5
Silly Isuwen, radio is for music.
nope.
2008-05-22, 3:44 PM #6
Originally posted by JM:
Some douche on the radio was blathering about Jeffersonians, and how they think that all people are fundamentally good, and how people always think they are doing things for the right reason, and how he (and all democrats) are Jeffersonians.

Then the host mentions something about how Bush (and administration) really believe they are doing what's best, and the douche is all "No, they're evil in their hearts."

YOU CAN'T ASSERT THAT ALL PEOPLE ARE FUNDAMENTALLY GOOD AND THEN TURN AROUND AND SAY EXCEPT THEM.

Also he spouted some crock about war with Iran and how Bush would declare martial law and then suspend the election.

:psyduck:

He's right, though, all people ARE fundamentally good. And fundamentally stupid.

The first part is loltarded, but the second part I could see...though I couldn't see it lasting long at all.
D E A T H
2008-05-22, 4:25 PM #7
If people are fundamentally good, where does bad come from? And don't say society because society is made of those fundamentally good people. And for that matter how do we define good?

I hate it when people apply shallow platitudes to philosophically complex issues.

Quote:
the second part I could see...though I couldn't see it lasting long at all.

You've lost your grip on reality. Bush isn't a good president, but if you think that, you clearly are more concerned about the bandwagon than the real issues he's caused.
2008-05-22, 4:32 PM #8
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
If people and fundamentally good, where does bad come from? And don't say society because society is made of those fundamentally good people. And for that matter how do we define good?

I hate it when people apply shallow platitudes to philosophically complex issues.

Oh wow.

You make it sound like a philosophically complex issue.
2008-05-22, 6:18 PM #9
If people are fundamentally good, where does bad come from? And don't say society because society is made of those fundamentally good people. And for that matter how do we define good?

Bad comes from greed. People are fundamentally good, but also instinctually selfish. It could be argued, though I don't personally believe in the idea. That and I don't want a 5 page dissertation on moral relativism.

/Devil's Advocate

You've lost your grip on reality. Bush isn't a good president, but if you think that, you clearly are more concerned about the bandwagon than the real issues he's caused.

Haha, what? I said I could see it, not that it's going to happen.
D E A T H
2008-05-22, 6:41 PM #10
Bad comes from ignorance.

/Socrates
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-22, 6:50 PM #11
To say that all people are fundamentally good is to ignore the existence of psychopaths/sociopaths.
I'm just a little boy.
2008-05-22, 6:58 PM #12
Originally posted by Flirbnic:
To say that all people are fundamentally good is to ignore the existence of psychopaths/sociopaths.

Although, in the strictest sense of the word all, you would be corrected, this can be explained off as an anomaly.
D E A T H
2008-05-22, 7:09 PM #13
Quote:
The point is his hypocrisy, not his philosophy.
2008-05-22, 7:46 PM #14
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
People are fundamentally good, but also instinctually selfish.

Does not compute?

Quote:
5 page dissertation

Rofl.
2008-05-22, 7:46 PM #15
Originally posted by Baconfish:

talk radio is music

MUSIC OF WORDS WITHOUT CRAP
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-05-22, 8:20 PM #16
Originally posted by Baconfish:

Hahaha
2008-05-22, 9:14 PM #17
We're all animals.

We all act like animals.

People aren't bad, because we are animals. Why do we spend so much time trying to forget we are animals? :/
2008-05-22, 10:28 PM #18
Originally posted by Vornskr:
Does not compute?

How not? We are all good. We don't kill, maim, murder, or do anything untowards.

Until our greed gets in the way. Whether for our own survival, for our own prosperity, or just for our own personal beliefs, we then commit evil acts.

Like I said, I don't agree with the sentiment, and don't really want to delve into it, but I felt like you might no be getting what I'm trying to say. I'm done after this though.

Rofl.

Does the word "dissertation" make you giggle or something?
D E A T H
2008-05-22, 11:39 PM #19
Originally posted by Rob:
We're all animals.

We all act like animals.

People aren't bad, because we are animals. Why do we spend so much time trying to forget we are animals? :/

Attachment: 19389/john_merrick_would_disagree.jpg (52,581 bytes)
2008-05-22, 11:46 PM #20
Rofl.

Well... given the word limit, an actual dissertation might take up about five thread pages worth of posts. So in context, maybe the phrase "5 page dissertation" is acceptable.

Maybe.

Anyway, the vast majority of douchebags who call into radio shows haven't thought their **** through. Beyond universal acceptance of this truth and of the specific fact that the caller in the original post was a hypocrite, I'm not sure how this thread can advance.

(But it'll go six or seven pages anyway.)
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-23, 4:33 AM #21
This morning I woke up and kicked a baby, just to prove not all are good.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-05-23, 4:54 AM #22
Originally posted by Rob:
We're all animals.

We all act like animals.

I'm sure there's a bloodhound gang joke in there somewhere.

/small craft advisory
2008-05-23, 4:58 AM #23
Martyn would appreciate input.
nope.
2008-05-23, 5:20 AM #24
I always appreciate input.
2008-05-23, 5:54 AM #25
i talk crap to get whiney pissflaps riled up all the time perhaps he was doing that
2008-05-23, 6:12 AM #26
Originally posted by DEFINOTELY NOT SPE:
i talk crap to get whiney pissflaps riled up all the time perhaps he was doing that

Theres a word for people like that... but unfortunately it can't be said in massassi
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-05-23, 6:22 AM #27
taking things seriously is gay hth
2008-05-23, 6:58 AM #28
It wasn't some random caller. It was ****ing Detective Munch.

[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Johnmunch.jpg]

HIM. From Homicide : Life on the Street. And Law and Order. And the X-Files. And Arrested Development.

↑ Up to the top!