Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Music identification
Music identification
2008-05-22, 4:07 PM #1
I've heard of plenty of programs that can ID songs...

But.. Somehow, I suck at backing up my music. So finally bothered to revert my mac ipod to windows because macdrive has been screwing with other stuff. So I start loading up my CDs on the computer... ONLY NAMES. I don't know how that happened, but all I have is song names... no artist, album, etc...

Now I can probably know half of the stuff...and easily look up the other half. But manually entering that in would take a long long time.

But is there any program out there that will actually reID all the songs for me, going off just a name and play time?

It's weird too, because there are like 50 songs off each CD that did retain all the info... album artist year etc. But a million that didn't :(
2008-05-22, 4:10 PM #2
Give Musicbrainz a go, that might work. I know that if you give it an artist it'll tag whole albums at a time.
nope.
2008-05-22, 4:46 PM #3
The only problem is it might get albums wrong, where many artists have multiple albums with the same song.
2008-05-22, 4:52 PM #4
Well I'm using Picard right now, the other one only worked with mp3s. This one doesn't quite have a clear way to save the new files.. I seem to screw around with doing a couple things and it might pop up...But working for now I guess.

Thanks a lot. This is a huge help. Organized it almost immediately.. just saving is the problem :)
2008-05-22, 4:53 PM #5
Winamp can identify songs if they aren't too obscure. It might be worth a shot.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-05-22, 5:06 PM #6
Wow.. I have a lot of music I don't listen to...

↑ Up to the top!