Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Age of Conan
Age of Conan
2008-05-22, 10:06 PM #1
I bought this game on a whim as all my WoW friends had left to play it. Needless to say, it is awesome and I'm glad I bought it. Anyone else playing?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-05-22, 10:24 PM #2
deffinately thinking about it, i downloaded the client for it but ill wait for the trial accounts to be available as i just started in WoW and seems everyone has quit to play AoC instead lol.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2008-05-22, 11:01 PM #3
Got it, currently have a level 29 Bear Shaman on Deathwhisper.
2008-05-22, 11:08 PM #4
How are you level 29 already? Jesus. Ok, what is your name agent?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-05-23, 1:34 AM #5
I've been considering it, but I'll wait until the reviews start rolling in. Plus I don't think my system can handle it, so if I'm going to upgrade for a game, it better be good.
:master::master::master:
2008-05-23, 3:46 AM #6
Need trial.

I got an offer for a beer cape or some **** in my e-mail, despite never making it into beta.

I really don't have time for an MMO because I'm moving.
2008-05-23, 5:10 AM #7
considering giving it a go here too, waiting for a couple of weeks/months for the first few patches to come out before I move.

also gives time for my WoW guild to finally get Illidan down, that for me will probably be the end of WoW.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-05-23, 5:12 AM #8
Originally posted by poley:
considering giving it a go here too, waiting for a couple of weeks/months for the first few patches to come out before I move.

also gives time for my WoW guild to finally get Illidan down, that for me will probably be the end of WoW.

Awwww but theres so much lands to explore left, so many 'Kill 20 Frozen Bears' and 'Gather 60 Ice Troll Testicles' quests left to complete!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-05-23, 8:38 AM #9
Waiting for trial, sounds cool though.
2008-05-23, 8:55 AM #10
I've never played any sort of mmorpg type thing. Would like to try it out, but I doubt I could make it worth the subscription.
2008-05-23, 9:05 AM #11
Originally posted by Martyn:
I've never played any sort of mmorpg type thing. Would like to try it out, but I doubt I could make it worth the subscription.

Psssshh. Martynpants.

15$ for the amount of time played by a typical mmorpg gamer is generally pretty damn cheap. Look at it this way, people will pay 15$ to go watch a 2 hour movie in theaters. Even if you played 2-3 hours a week in that game, tops, it'd still be more worthwhile than going to the movies.

IF you enjoy MMORPGs, then the 15$ is really nothing. It just depends whether that type of game is for you or not. Those who dislike mmo's, or certain mmo's, will say "15$ is wayyyyy too much". Those who like mmo's will say "So thats 50 cents a day to play a game I enjoy". Generally your daylie coffee or can of pepsi will cost more. :P
2008-05-23, 9:09 AM #12
It's moar that I can't afford the time to make it worth it: I've got a (nearly) wife and a GTA4 addiction as well as a high pressured job...

I just need to run people over to chill! I can't spend my time grinding (in the mmorpg sense anyway...)
2008-05-23, 9:13 AM #13
Originally posted by Martyn:
It's moar that I can't afford the time to make it worth it: I've got a (nearly) wife and a GTA4 addiction as well as a high pressured job...

I just need to run people over to chill! I can't spend my time grinding (in the mmorpg sense anyway...)

*pat pat*

Don't worry, Martynbuns, with all we've shared, I have no problems taking care of your (nearly) wife while you have fun playing.

FOR THE MANTRAIN!
2008-05-23, 9:16 AM #14
Woohoo! Now I just need a PC that'll run up-to date games....
2008-05-23, 9:33 AM #15
Done deal.

*goes to buy some massaging oil, Barry White music, and jumper cables.
2008-05-23, 9:39 AM #16
Now THAT'S a derail.

xx
2008-05-23, 11:12 AM #17
I gave in and bought it. Even with 1 gig of ram and a GeForce 7800 GT, I can easily play with low settings, usually getting between 30-50 frames per second. I could probably even handle medium as long as I keep shaders off. I was planning on getting more ram soon anyway. I don't think I need a new graphics card yet. It's still more than good enough for any other game I own.

I haven't played too much of it yet. I started with a Necromancer, got to level 9, then started a Barbarian. Killing was a little slow with the Necromancer, and the Pet AI could use a little work. Also, if you send your pets in first, the enemy will still ignore them and go straight for you, so they can't tank at all. My zombies weren't even very strong, though the higher level pets are sure to be stronger. I do love that you can have more than one pet with you at a time though.

Even though they made the Barbarian a rogue type, I can still take plenty of hits. I was killing so much faster than I was as a Necromancer, and If I position right, I can easily kill 4 enemies as fast as I can kill 1. My Barbarian is also only level 9, but I got there in half the time. I'll be sticking with this class for now.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-05-23, 11:44 AM #18
Originally posted by Jep:
Psssshh. Martynpants.
people will pay 15$ to go watch a 2 hour movie in theaters.

Good lord, $15 for a movie? I'd pay $15 to own it on DVD but I'd never pay that much just to watch it.
However, it's not a bad price for an mmo. kind of tempting. I may take a look at the trial whenever it's avalible.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2008-05-23, 12:29 PM #19
$15 CAD.

I think <.<

Whenever I see 'mmorpg' I always hear Yahztee saying "Hang on a minute: this is a muhmorpaguh!"
2008-05-23, 12:34 PM #20
Movie tickets here are $10 CAD. But yeah, that's still retardedly expensive.
2008-05-23, 12:39 PM #21
Psssshh. Martynpants.

15$ for the amount of time played by a typical mmorpg gamer is generally pretty damn cheap. Look at it this way, people will pay 15$ to go watch a 2 hour movie in theaters. Even if you played 2-3 hours a week in that game, tops, it'd still be more worthwhile than going to the movies.

IF you enjoy MMORPGs, then the 15$ is really nothing. It just depends whether that type of game is for you or not. Those who dislike mmo's, or certain mmo's, will say "15$ is wayyyyy too much". Those who like mmo's will say "So thats 50 cents a day to play a game I enjoy". Generally your daylie coffee or can of pepsi will cost more. :P

Transient entertainment is more interactive/fun/worth my time than most MMOs, to be honest.
2008-05-23, 12:58 PM #22
Originally posted by Rob:
Transient entertainment is more interactive/fun/worth my time than most MMOs, to be honest.

Well sure, like I said, it just depends if you like MMO's or not. Its really all a matter of tastes and what one prefers as a hobby. Obviously, wasting 15$ a month if you don't like MMO's is pretty ludicrous. It IS a shiny 180$/year thrown in the can. But if you like it, its a 180$ well spent imo.
2008-05-23, 1:28 PM #23
Your life must be pretty boring if you consider $180 a year to watch a computer game do random math fun.
2008-05-23, 6:44 PM #24
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
Good lord, $15 for a movie? I'd pay $15 to own it on DVD but I'd never pay that much just to watch it.
However, it's not a bad price for an mmo. kind of tempting. I may take a look at the trial whenever it's avalible.

it's around like 12 bucks out here in Edmonton, but I havn't had to pay for a movie in a theatre for over two years, so I don't know what the current prices are anymore :D
The Gas Station
2008-05-23, 6:50 PM #25
Your life must be pretty boring if you consider $180 a year to watch a computer game do random math fun.

Attachment: 19404/djyoshistfu.jpg (34,523 bytes)
2008-05-23, 8:21 PM #26
Yes, your opinion is wrong. Thankyou for admitting defeat.
2008-05-23, 9:25 PM #27
I'm too busy playing City of Heroes / Villains for me to do another MMORPG. Perhaps when a trial comes out I'll consider checking it out.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2008-05-23, 9:28 PM #28
Yes, your opinion is wrong. Thankyou for admitting defeat.

I know you are but what am I?
2008-05-24, 5:35 AM #29
You're a nerd!

Someone already had this argument for us
2008-05-24, 9:39 AM #30
Yeah, I still can't justify 15 dollars a month, as rob said, to watch avatars make dungeons and dragons calculations without any of the fun of story telling and freedom that real dnd offers.

If I did spend money on a game, it'd be Eve because I get off on all that in-game politics stuff.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-24, 1:43 PM #31
Originally posted by JediKirby:
make dungeons and dragons calculations

it doesn't do that
:master::master::master:
2008-05-25, 7:01 AM #32
You actually control which side the sword goes and direction shielding. You do combos and stuff as well. I got a lvl 19 Conqueror that was tanking things at lvl 10. I'm on the Onm server as Corlag, look me up.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2008-05-26, 11:58 AM #33
Out of curiosity, any ideas how the game would run on a system with an x1900xt vid card and 2GB RAM? (I can't remember the speed of my CPU but it's a dual core. Some AMD X2 64bit or something. Damn I need to refresh my memory.)
2008-05-26, 12:14 PM #34
windows key + pause break
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-26, 12:17 PM #35
windows key + pause break

What the hell are you talking about?
2008-05-26, 12:35 PM #36
Hold windows key and push the pause/break key.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-26, 2:10 PM #37
What the hell are you talking about?

It's the shortcut to the system properties. Right clicking on "my computer" and clicking properties does the same thing.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2008-05-27, 3:56 AM #38
Hold windows key and push the pause/break key.

I know how to check my system's properties. I was at work, you dumb *** midget. :P
2008-05-27, 4:46 AM #39
I can't find this bloody windows key you all keep going on about!!

(sorry)
2008-05-27, 5:27 AM #40
I hope both of jep and mantrain's teeth liquefy and poor out while they sleep.

That said, the combat system in this game means I will be downloading and trying this game once trials are available. Looks really fun.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!