Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → tried to kill himself
tried to kill himself
2008-05-24, 12:54 PM #1
so this guy i work with tried to kill himself... at work. at least that's what they say. could be a load, but he did in fact cut both of his arms all the way around with a razor knife. lot of blood. they never even called the first responders. possible blood-born pathogen contamination not reported. someone might get fired. maybe the supervisor who's been covering for him for a long *** time. i do kind of feel bad for him. but nobody made him start snorting lortabs or any of the other crap he does. mostly a good guy though. except he drops his pants and underwear around his ankles at urinals.
Cyclops was right
2008-05-24, 1:01 PM #2
just ignore it probs just a cry for help he'll do it properly next time
2008-05-24, 1:08 PM #3
Sorry to hear that.

You should definitely report the supervisor or whoever was in charge that didn't call the EMTs or report the incident. That's messed up and I wouldn't want to work in an environment like that.
2008-05-24, 1:44 PM #4
The ratio of attempted to actual suicides is ridicules. Its something like one in several hundred or thousand.
2008-05-24, 1:48 PM #5
cops did show up after he was sent home, but that was because a temp called his boss about it and they called the cops
Cyclops was right
2008-05-24, 1:49 PM #6
i am. sorry. to hear that. my. condolences.
2008-05-24, 7:07 PM #7
Why all. the. periods.
?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2008-05-24, 7:17 PM #8
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The ratio of attempted to actual suicides is ridicules. Its something like one in several hundred or thousand.

Because it's rather difficult to commit suicide than one might think. "Failing" suicide can leave you brain-dead or paralyzed. Today's over the counter sleeping pills won't due you in easily and you have to lose ALOT of blood from self-inflicted cuts to die.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-24, 7:52 PM #9
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Because it's rather difficult to commit suicide than one might think. "Failing" suicide can leave you brain-dead or paralyzed. Today's over the counter sleeping pills won't due you in easily and you have to lose ALOT of blood from self-inflicted cuts to die.

Technically wouldn't being brain-dead constitute a "successful" suicide? It's not like you're waking up from it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2008-05-24, 10:42 PM #10
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:

If you're really trying, that's not at all the way to do it.

Rigging up something involving Carbon Monoxide would clearly be the best way to do it, but really, if you truly wanted to commit suicide, you'd just go somewhere were people wouldn't find you. The thing is, most people really deep down don't want to die.

People don't want to die because they're miserable, they want to make it all better. They somehow associate that with suicide, but deep down they don't really want to actually die.
2008-05-24, 11:40 PM #11
If I was gonna kill myself, it'd be toaster in the tub.
2008-05-25, 12:55 AM #12
My preferred method of suicide is spontaneous combustion. I figure it'll happen of its own accord if I ever get desperate enough.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-25, 6:37 AM #13
After extensive googling (I was very depressed) I figured the easiest and least painful way to suicide if you have a car is the classic hose from pipe to window scenario.
But I didn't have a car, so I had a spot picked out on the train tracks, where it was dark and I could get run over and probably have no-one notice till the next day.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-05-25, 7:11 AM #14
Your plan would have worked, Deadman, but your convulsive twitching spasmed you off of the tracks.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-05-25, 7:19 AM #15
Hahaha! Nice one ;D
2008-05-25, 8:45 AM #16
People don't want to die because they're miserable, they want to make it all better. They somehow associate that with suicide, but deep down they don't really want to actually die.

The suicide could be interpreted as a cry for attention that they want/need because they can't handle this situation on their own.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2008-05-25, 1:59 PM #17

I have no illusions about death, I wanted to die because I was miserable. I didn't think it would make it all better, but I knew it would make everything go away.
2008-05-25, 2:40 PM #18
Yeah, but only on a conscious level. Unconsciously you still probably weren't able to rationalize the idea of making everything go away with the actual discontinuation of life.

My theory is that people who try to kill themselves due to extremely acute emotions, don't really want to actually die deep down, they are just desperate for options.

On the other hand, people who decide to kill themselves as a result of a more long term loss of motivation to live are probably going to be more difficult to stop. Our instinct to survive is so strong, that it's really hard to totally override on every single level if your reasons for killing yourself are more emotional than reasoned out. I'm guessing that a person is far more likely to actually die if he tries to kill himself when he's not emotional, rather than in a fit of desperation.
2008-05-25, 2:47 PM #19
Yeah, but only on a conscious level. Unconsciously you still probably weren't able to rationalize the idea of making everything go away with the actual discontinuation of life.

Sub. Subconsciously, unless you're implying that he only thought these things when he blacked out.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-05-25, 2:49 PM #20
Yeah, that. (the sub one)
2008-05-25, 9:17 PM #21
You're just giving the spazz in question attention he doesn't deserve.
2008-05-26, 9:48 AM #22
shutgun -> mouth is by far the easiest, quickest, most foolproof, and most painless way to go.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2008-05-26, 9:56 AM #23
Originally posted by TombFyre:
so this guy i work with tried to kill himself... at work. at least that's what they say. could be a load, but he did in fact cut both of his arms all the way around with a razor knife. lot of blood. they never even called the first responders. possible blood-born pathogen contamination not reported. someone might get fired. maybe the supervisor who's been covering for him for a long *** time. i do kind of feel bad for him. but nobody made him start snorting lortabs or any of the other crap he does. mostly a good guy though. except he drops his pants and underwear around his ankles at urinals.

Working a McDonalds does that to some people. *shrug*
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-05-26, 10:21 AM #24
Originally posted by bradsh:
shutgun -> mouth is by far the easiest, quickest, most foolproof, and most painless way to go.

We call it Cobaining 'round these parts!
2008-05-26, 2:23 PM #25
Originally posted by bradsh:

It's only the quickest if you have access to a shotgun
2008-05-26, 2:30 PM #26
There isn't a waiting period on shotguns.
2008-05-26, 2:38 PM #27
Originally posted by Rob:

Doesn't this depend on the state? Pretty sure some states have waiting periods for any firearm.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-27, 12:33 AM #28
Originally posted by Rob:

Just try and get one in my country =p
2008-05-27, 4:23 AM #29
You guys are too busy stabbing each other to shoot each other.
2008-05-27, 10:21 AM #30
If i were ever to kill myself, this is how i would do it.

The required equipment:

Bungee cord
superglue
Clown nose
Clown hair
Piano string
Tall building

First, i would tie the piano string to the middle of the bungee cord, attach the bungee cord on the roof of the tall building, the other end to my feet. The piano string would go around my neck. The bungee cord should be measured so, that it will leave me hanging about 2m (6ft) above the ground down there.

Second, i'd glue the clown nose and hair on, then glue my hands to my ears. Now, wait until the street in front of the building is crowded, and jump. The piano string would cut my head off, and the bungee cord would leave me hanging above the ground, my hands holding my head. An mp3 player with a speaker in my pocket playing "ha-ha-ha-ha-ha" on repeat might work as an additional effect.. :downswords:
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2008-05-27, 10:31 AM #31
Originally posted by CaveDemon:
If i were ever to kill myself, this is how i would do it.

The required equipment:

Bungee cord
superglue
Clown nose
Clown hair
Piano string
Tall building

First, i would tie the piano string to the middle of the bungee cord, attach the bungee cord on the roof of the tall building, the other end to my feet. The piano string would go around my neck. The bungee cord should be measured so, that it will leave me hanging about 2m (6ft) above the ground down there.

Second, i'd glue the clown nose and hair on, then glue my hands to my ears. Now, wait until the street in front of the building is crowded, and jump. The piano string would cut my head off, and the bungee cord would leave me hanging above the ground, my hands holding my head. An mp3 player with a speaker in my pocket playing "ha-ha-ha-ha-ha" on repeat might work as an additional effect.. :downswords:

So gruesome but lol'd. xD
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-05-27, 11:07 AM #32
I'm pretty sure that's not the first time he's posted that here.

Still awesome.
2008-05-27, 3:33 PM #33
I bet he's been waiting for ages for an appropriate thread to post that carefully crafted plan. If it'd been any longer, I'm sure he would actually have done it just to start a topic about it.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-05-27, 4:04 PM #34
Originally posted by Aglar:
I'm pretty sure that's not the first time he's posted that here.

Still awesome.

I know there's an almost identical quote on bash. Saying that, it'll probably end up being CaveDemon on there :P
2008-05-27, 9:14 PM #35
Originally posted by LividDK27:
I know there's an almost identical quote on bash. Saying that, it'll probably end up being CaveDemon on there :P

I read about that method on the internet before bash even existed. :P
I'm just a little boy.
2008-05-27, 11:52 PM #36
Can someone tell me that Nitrogen asphzx..... thingy way of dying? I think that'd be suitable for suicide. Quick and clean.
Back again
2008-05-28, 1:20 AM #37
Nitrogen asphyxiation? Well, you're still breathing air like normal so you wouldn't feel like you were suffocating, just without the right amount of oxygen...so I imagine you'd just go to sleep due to lack of oxygen.
Warhead[97]
2008-05-28, 8:14 AM #38
Originally posted by LividDK27:

Ah! That's where I saw it, thanks.

Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
Nitrogen asphyxiation? Well, you're still breathing air like normal so you wouldn't feel like you were suffocating, just without the right amount of oxygen...so I imagine you'd just go to sleep due to lack of oxygen.

That's pretty much it. There's no co2 buildup so you don't get the pain you normally would from simply not breathing.

↑ Up to the top!