Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anyone going to a convention in the next few months.
Anyone going to a convention in the next few months.
2008-05-27, 5:57 AM #1
If you are, post which it is, and any cool things that will be happening.

I am going to the Supanova pop culture convention that is on in just under a month. Bought myself a nice AU$450 VIP ticket that gets me a free posed photo with one of the guests, and a free autograph from each guest, as well as entry to the cocktail party on the saturday evening.

Guests include nichelle nichols, hayden pantiere (sp?), the actress that played adria in SG1 (cant remember her name at the moment), and a number of other cool people.

So, anyone else doing any fun convention going in the near future?
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2008-05-27, 9:24 AM #2
National Parkour Jams (conventions)

Memorial Day Weekend- (B)East Coast
June 6th Weekend - Philly Jam
June 13th Weekend - Pittsburgh PK/FR International Jam
June 20th Weekend - PK NY (new york city/northern NJ)
June 27th Weekend - Chicago Jam
July 13th - San Fransisco Jam
July 25th Weekend - San Antonio, Texas Jam

Also, I might be going to some huge angrymusic festival in San Fransisco on Sunday, July 13th.

I have a busy summer.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-05-27, 9:26 AM #3
I might be sponsored to one of the SF tech cons at the end of the summer. Fingers crossed.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-27, 9:39 AM #4
Convention.. probably not. But I'm going to Lollapalooza in Chicago in the beginning of August.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-27, 9:43 AM #5
Possibly heading the way of Dragoncon. Not sure though.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-05-27, 9:48 AM #6
I was planning on going to DEFCON again, I went last year. It's in Vegas in early August. My recent financial troubles and my friends backing out (because of their own financial problems) have pretty much made me give up on going this year.

e:Oh yeah, forgot about Lolla. If I can get a couple of friends interested I'm definitely going, it's like a 5 hour drive and NIN is my favorite band (also a big Radiohead fan).
2008-05-27, 9:51 AM #7
I went to FITC in toronto back in april
http://www.fitc.ca/presentation_list.cfm?festival_id=22
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-05-27, 10:03 AM #8
Otakon 2008 ^__^
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-05-27, 10:14 AM #9
Maybe I'll go to Otakon this year. It's like 8 feet from my house. (20 miles)
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-27, 10:16 AM #10
Would be cool to meet you. I'm not dressing up this year, so there will be a little less shame in being associated with me. :)
2008-05-27, 10:20 AM #11
Which brings up the question of what you were dressed up as last year.
Life is beautiful.
2008-05-27, 10:32 AM #12
When is Otakon this year? If I'm back from my trip I might show up and stand outside and laugh at you nerds.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-05-27, 10:36 AM #13
August 8 - 10.

I kind of just want to go for the 4chan panel. It's pretty "epic lulz" every year.
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-27, 10:38 AM #14
ComicCon July WHENEVER to July WHATEVER
Think while it's still legal.
2008-05-27, 11:08 AM #15
Originally posted by Rogue Leader:
Which brings up the question of what you were dressed up as last year.

There are pictures floating around these forums somewhere... :ninja:
2008-05-27, 11:09 AM #16
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Convention.. probably not. But I'm going to Lollapalooza in Chicago in the beginning of August.

Same here.
2008-05-27, 11:11 AM #17
August 8 - 10.

I kind of just want to go for the 4chan panel. It's pretty "epic lulz" every year.

It'll be interesting to see how big it is this year. 4chan has been growing bigger and bigger in the past year. I'll definitely be there.
2008-05-27, 11:28 AM #18
Otakon. I've had my hotel room reserved for months. It's nice and close. If my friends can't come up with a group costume idea soon, I'm just going to wear the pirate costume I wanted to wear last year.

August 8 - 10.

The line was more fun than the actual panel last year. 3 hours of waiting, and everyone had a DS. Still, I think I'll skip it this year. Have fun with your /b/ panel.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-05-27, 11:41 AM #19
Yeah, the 4chan panel will be mostly /b/tards. I went to a mecha design panel at Katsucon and there were /m/en everywhere.
2008-05-27, 12:21 PM #20
T in the Park.
nope.
2008-05-27, 12:54 PM #21
im going to try to go to ComicCon in San Diego.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2008-05-27, 12:56 PM #22
No conventions really, just record fairs.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-05-27, 3:02 PM #23
Planning to try to make it out to the last HOPE in mid July. Then DefCon's coming up in mid August. Yep. Over and out.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2008-05-27, 3:36 PM #24
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
Otakon. I've had my hotel room reserved for months. It's nice and close. If my friends can't come up with a group costume idea soon, I'm just going to wear the pirate costume I wanted to wear last year.

The line was more fun than the actual panel last year. 3 hours of waiting, and everyone had a DS. Still, I think I'll skip it this year. Have fun with your /b/ panel.

heh, I am also takiong my DS to the con I am going to, even though one of the perks of my $450 is the ability to get skipped to the head of the line for pretty much everything. That and it will be something to do.

(and I have heard that DS chat has been memorable at previous Supanova conventions)
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2008-05-27, 3:56 PM #25
Cons are the only places Pictochat is useful. It is pretty fun.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-05-27, 4:17 PM #26
Not a convention, but I'm going to "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination" in St. Paul, MN. Anybody else plan on going to it? I'm not sure what date I'm going, but we could try to coordinate something.

↑ Up to the top!