Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So Street Fighter IV is also coming to the PC...
So Street Fighter IV is also coming to the PC...
2008-05-28, 5:14 PM #1
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6191599.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;8

A PS3 and 360 version was a given, but the PC version is a big surprise. Would you PC gamers play a game like Street Fighter IV? Oh and sorry, no Street Fighter IV for Wii owners.
2008-05-28, 5:25 PM #2
I bet it would be a terrible port.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-28, 5:56 PM #3
I'd play it for the online. King of Fighters still has a huge following and it's MAME only.
D E A T H
2008-05-28, 6:05 PM #4
I also think it's funny this is called Street Fighter IV. It being the "fourth" installment to what, really? The "series" is cluttered with like 50 other Street Fighter games, I'm surprised they just didn't call it Street Fighter NEXT GEN instead of dealing with meaningless numbers.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-28, 6:22 PM #5
Because it's the 4th generation of Street Fighter?

Street Fighter 1, very old, not often played.
Street Fighter 2, old, probably the most played. This was on the SNES/Genesis/arcade/ported to everything
Street Fighter 3, new, on newer consoles and arcade, played pretty often

Each set introduced a bunch of new characters, a new overall storyline, a new engine and new fighting abilities, and just overall felt different. Yes, there are games inbetween that may have had a couple new characters, or added a new feature, but it wasn't nearly as significant as the overall difference between say, 2 and 3.
2008-05-28, 6:52 PM #6
YAY! Street Fighter is my favorite fighting game ever. A PC release is great news to me. :D
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-05-28, 8:14 PM #7
Wish I could've gotten in on Street Fighter 3. Some of the tourneys were nuts. :(

Speaking of, this is still the ultimate high point in fighting game tourney history from what I can tell:

D E A T H
2008-05-28, 8:36 PM #8
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
youtube

I love this video so much. In fact, that comment expressing my love is still probably near the top of the Youtube comments. It's definitely in my favorites.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-05-28, 8:44 PM #9
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Wish I could've gotten in on Street Fighter 3. Some of the tourneys were nuts. :(

Speaking of, this is still the ultimate high point in fighting game tourney history from what I can tell:

The Olympics of our generation. :(
2008-05-30, 5:33 PM #10
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I bet it would be a terrible port.

Definitely won't be. Believe it or not, a lot of recent Capcom games are developed on the PC first (Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter IV) and then they're ported to the consoles. They have some special software that makes porting to consoles from making the PC version easier.

Yeah I never had the chance to play Street Fighter III, but I finally was able to buy some anniversary collection some time ago. I also agree that the video is the pinnacle of fighting game skills.

Quote:
Street Fighter 1, very old, not often played.

For good reasons too. The game has awful controls. You can't consistently pull off special moves even when you know you're doing the right motions. Maybe it's because special moves are too powerful, I recall them taking off like a 1/5 of a life bar. Another strange thing about Street Fighter 1 is the annoucer saying "Michael!" before every fight for some reason.

↑ Up to the top!