Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → clone wars trailer
clone wars trailer
2008-05-29, 7:02 PM #1
i hope this is new news. i can't wait!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/starwarstheclonewars/hd/
2008-05-29, 7:23 PM #2
Wait, so they're making animated films now?

:/
nope.
2008-05-29, 7:29 PM #3
If they made a REAL Star Wars Sequel film featuring Shannon Baksa as Mara Jade I would so jerk off to it....

Thats limey slang for enjoy the film! :ninja:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-05-29, 7:32 PM #4
The CG art direction somehow feels so.... typical. Generic even.

Maybe that's too harsh. I just hope, due to the colors, the visual noise doesn't reach Leaky Bucket proportions. :v:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-29, 7:32 PM #5
The CG style is awful. I'm not against the idea of making an animated Star Wars movie or series, but there's no reason it has to look like Jimmy Neutron.
2008-05-29, 7:33 PM #6
.... Jabba the Hutt's son? What the ****?

ugh... Apathy is setting in. It looks horrible.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2008-05-29, 7:36 PM #7
ok. that's it! you guys aren't allowed to respond to my posts anymore.
did you see asajj is in it?!? it's going to be awesome!
2008-05-29, 8:04 PM #8
My only criticism so far is the lip syncing. The animation looks a little silly, but I'll go with it.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-29, 8:51 PM #9
The animation in The Incredibles is weird looking too. You just don't like it because it's star wars.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2008-05-29, 8:58 PM #10
the art style is very similar to the clone wars TV series.

wouldnt suprise me if it was the same art team designing the characters.

if it werent for the fact that quicktime wants to be stupid right now and not play audio, i'd give a more thorough opinion.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-05-29, 9:33 PM #11
Yawn.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-05-29, 9:53 PM #12
It doesn't so much look like stylized CG as it looks like a game optimized for the the least common denominator console.
2008-05-29, 9:58 PM #13
Well I think it looks really frakkin cool :colbert:

also. why is grevious in it?
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-05-29, 10:09 PM #14
Looks like a sort of adaption of the Clone Wars cartoon style. So far that's not a bad thing for me. We'll see how it is when it comes out.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-05-29, 10:27 PM #15
That was very silly
2008-05-29, 11:24 PM #16
Originally posted by mb:
Well I think it looks really frakkin cool :colbert:

also. why is grevious in it?

its clone wars tv show take 2, featuring antagonist cyborgs, magicians with long faces, and swords of pure awesome?

personally i like the animation style for this, although i'd rather have people like hayden and crew do the voices. i hate when they change voice actors for animated adventures.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-05-30, 12:33 AM #17
Am I the only one who thinks this just looks like a really fun next-gen style game?

In all seriousness, it just doesn't have a movie feel to me. Instead it looks like a bunch of cutscenes for a video game. I don't know if it's the typical Star Wars sound effects coupled with the computer animation, or what. It just felt like I was watching a preview for a new Star Wars game.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2008-05-30, 5:41 AM #18
Originally posted by Ruthven:
If they made a REAL Star Wars Sequel film featuring Shannon Baksa as Mara Jade I would so jerk off to it....

Thats limey slang for enjoy the film! :ninja:

D:
2008-05-30, 10:51 AM #19
I can't wait for this even though the storyline sounds cheesy. At least that's what it sounds like to me from what's being shown in the trailer. And yes, it looks like a game trailer to me too.

The girl is Anakin's padawan. [/bomb]

Yeah, I know.

Better link: http://www.starwars.com/index2.html

Also, Samuel L. Jackson will be voicing Mace Windu.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2008-05-30, 10:58 AM #20
I'm loving Kenobi's armor.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-05-30, 11:00 AM #21
I like the art direction, but the voice acting is horrific. Yoda sounds like he's taken acting classes from William Shatner and Darth Sidious sounds like he's got a frog in his throat.

But I think I'll be able to look past that. It looks kinda neat.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-05-30, 11:04 AM #22
Also:

Clone Wars Coming to Wii and DS

Exclusive titles based on the forthcoming Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series headed to Nintendo's systems.
by Matt Casamassina

May 29, 2008 - Publishing giant LucasArts has versions of LEGO Star Wars and The Force Unleashed, among others, available or coming to a Nintendo system near you, but the company has yet to develop a fully exclusive project designed specifically for Wii. That may be about to change, however, if an advertisement showing up on the back sleeve of the instruction booklet for LEGO Indiana Jones is any indication.

Evidently, the company is underway with a Wii and DS-only title based on the upcoming movie and animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Take a look for yourself -- we've snapped a quick photo of the advertisement in question.

The ad leads those interested to clonewarsgame.com, which currently redirects to starwars.com. Apparently LucasArts isn't quite ready to divulge more on the game, but you can learn much more about The Clone Wars movie and series by clicking right here.

The Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie and animated series transpire between Star War Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. The movie and series is set to star such recognizable characters as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi as they do battle across the galaxy. The feature film and series sport a stylized look less realistic than previous Star Wars movies.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/877/877779p1.html
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2008-05-30, 12:04 PM #23
It doesn't matter how good the trailer looks, if Lucas is involved there is reason to be sceptical.
Besides, isn't this the thing that Lucas took around to everyone and NOONE would pick it up, so he just paied for it himself?
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2008-05-30, 3:01 PM #24
Haha, Sam Jackson's like "*****, I'm the only mother****er gonna play Mace Windu! Hell, I am Mace Windu, mother****er!"
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-30, 11:13 PM #25
Yeah I bet, Kirby, I BET. :colbert::argh::colbert:
2008-05-31, 6:32 AM #26
I'm pretty sure George Lucas has paid out of his own pocket for every Star Wars film.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-06-01, 3:51 AM #27
Direct link: http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/starwarsclonewars/starwarsclonewars-tlr1_h1080p.mov
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!