Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Frustration
Frustration
2008-05-31, 12:28 PM #1
So my dad finds this website that says when people's economi stimulus check should be arriving. Apparently, mine was supposed to be mailed by May 23 and received a few days later.

It's now the 31st, so I called the economic stimulus hotline and learned that I'm not eligible because my parents claimed me as a dependent.

That's right, dependents are not eligible to receive stimulus checks.

UUUUGH.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-05-31, 12:33 PM #2
I thought that was like, basic knowledge. It said so in our tax packets and everything.
2008-05-31, 1:20 PM #3
Yeah, I'm not even American and I knew that.

Sorry though, I know it sucks when you're expecting money and find out you won't be getting it.
2008-05-31, 1:21 PM #4
Yeah...
2008-05-31, 1:25 PM #5
i was claimed as a dependent, then how come i got one of those notices saying that i was getting moneys

why government must you toy with me so?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-05-31, 1:40 PM #6
Not quite. Your parents, who claimed you, will receive $300.
2008-05-31, 2:33 PM #7
I heard these checks were simply going to be taken out of whatever your return is next year so im just banking it until i get some clarification on this.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2008-05-31, 4:21 PM #8
Uhh I have not heard that anywhere. And that wouldn't be an "economic stimulus check." It would be an "economic delayed damnit check."
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-05-31, 4:23 PM #9
You aren't even required to report your econimic stimulus check.
2008-05-31, 4:39 PM #10
http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html
2008-05-31, 5:04 PM #11
Let's all talk about our frustrations.

So theres this hot girl.

fin

Oh **** I think I took almost everyones.
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!