Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Firefox Question
Firefox Question
2008-06-02, 12:27 PM #1
I usually have a few tabs running in Firefox and I'm considering making a new account on this PC. I was wondering if there is any way to save the current Firefox session with tabs as a file to open on this new account?
2008-06-02, 1:07 PM #2
you can make it so all the tabs open in one bookmark

'bookmark all tabs'

in the place where you go select the homepage in options click 'Use Current Pages'

it does all the tabs
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-02, 2:03 PM #3
I don't think I made myself clear, sorry. I meant another account on the computer, so I can access the tabs after switching to that one. Is there any way to import bookmarks between accounts?
2008-06-02, 2:07 PM #4
Poke around in the user's documents and settings. If you're on XP, I think it's C:\Documents and Settings, and on Vista it's C:\Users. Look for application data and firefox/mozilla.
2008-06-02, 2:08 PM #5
Copy and paste the file they are stored in...?

Export and import...?

Write down all the urls...?
2008-06-02, 2:08 PM #6
del.icio.us
2008-06-02, 2:14 PM #7
email the links to yourself.
Pissed Off?
2008-06-02, 2:15 PM #8
export works best
just import it into the other account when you have that running
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-02, 2:17 PM #9
Click
Bookmark -> Organise Bookmarks

Then in the new window click

File -> Export.

Then in the new account do the same thing but import instead
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-06-02, 7:21 PM #10
I think he wants it so that he will get the same effect as if he clicked "Save and Quit" in Firefox (thus saving his tabs), except he wants to be able to Save and Quit in one account and reopen Firefox in another account and see all his tabs.
一个大西瓜

↑ Up to the top!