Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → suggestions on what to drink?
suggestions on what to drink?
2008-06-03, 12:16 PM #41
Carbohydrates aren't this immense source of nutritional evil.
2008-06-03, 12:24 PM #42
Yeah they are.

Why do you think America is so fat?

[http://web.mit.edu/athletics/sportsmedicine/Food%20Pyramid.JPG]

The whole bottom half is carbohydrates, with the greater portion being grains. If your diet consists of that many high GI carbs you will gain fat and your hormones will be all over the place. Exercise can only do so much. If you chop off the grains part of the pyramid you have a much healthier diet.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-06-03, 12:26 PM #43
The whole bottom half added together also makes up MOST OF YOUR DAILY SERVINGS. Numbnuts.

The bigger portions of the pyramid are things you're SUPPOSED to eat more of. Thats why they're BIGGER. Thats why SUGAR, FAT, AND CRAP are at the top.
2008-06-03, 1:01 PM #44
Originally posted by Rob:
The whole bottom half added together also makes up MOST OF YOUR DAILY SERVINGS. Numbnuts.

The bigger portions of the pyramid are things you're SUPPOSED to eat more of. Thats why they're BIGGER. Thats why SUGAR, FAT, AND CRAP are at the top.

Alright I forgot who I was talking to.

The food pyramid is not an accurate representation of the dietary needs of humans. We have not evolved far enough in the last tens of thousands of years to base our diets primarily on grains, regardless of what midwest farmers would like.

Fat is not crap. Crap fat is crap. Dietary fat does not always translate into body fat. However, consuming more carbohydrates than your body can store (which is not much) especially if they are hard to process immediately, will increase your body fat.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-06-03, 1:12 PM #45
Carbs aren't evil, the reason america is so fat is because we are so lazy. We eat all these carbs (essentially energy for our body) and dont use most of it so it gets stored.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-06-03, 1:15 PM #46
not all carbs are bad; complex carbs, like the ones found in pasta, rice, bread, etc, are what give your body energy. the problem is when you over eat them and don't burn it off.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-06-03, 1:15 PM #47
Drinking about 2 beers a day does have health benefits, it's not an entirely silly thing to say.
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-06-03, 1:25 PM #48
Originally posted by Spook:
The food pyramid is not an accurate representation of the dietary needs of humans.

Uh dur. Which is why it gives general ranges.

Quote:
We have not evolved far enough in the last tens of thousands of years to base our diets primarily on grains,

Except for the parts where Carbohydrates are an important source of chemical energy I might agree with that.

Quote:
regardless of what midwest farmers would like.

It's all the man man! Total conspiracy man! :tinfoil:

Quote:
However, consuming more carbohydrates than your body can store (which is not much) especially if they are hard to process immediately, will increase your body fat.

Fat IS storage.

Consuming more anything than your body can use at a given time will either be stored or expelled.
2008-06-03, 1:49 PM #49
They wouldn't be a problem if you were eating all whole grains. But you aren't.
2008-06-03, 1:58 PM #50
The more active you are, the more carbohydrates you need. Simple as that. Complex carbohydrates are far better for a person than simple carbohydrates. There is no possible way I could manage to get through a day of work, let alone 14 days back to back with out a massive amount of carbohydrates.

America has a weight issue because too many people are sedentary and we eat crappy processed and fried foods instead of something more balanced. Human beings managed to survive just fine with carbohydrates as their main source of food, which was supplemented with protein and vegetables.
Pissed Off?
2008-06-03, 2:03 PM #51
vitamin water is awful stuff. lots of calories, makes your teeth feel like sugar. probably no better for cavities than pop. if you must go flavored, i think propel is probably a better bet. otherwise straight up water is great
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2008-06-03, 2:05 PM #52
lots of calories? no.

8 fl oz of vitamin water: 50 calories
8 fl oz of mountain dew: 110 calories
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-06-03, 2:38 PM #53
It's still helluva ****ing bad for you, for other reasons I listed.

Propel seems like it might only be slightly better;

Water, sucrose syrup, citric acid, natural flavors, sodium citrate, potassium citrate, sucralose, vitamin C, vitamin E acetate, niacinamide, calcium disodium EDTA, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, acesulfame potassium, vitamin B12

THE BEST THING TO DRINK TO LOSE WEIGHT AND OR EXCERSIZE IS PLAIN WATER.
2008-06-03, 2:41 PM #54
Losing weight is the opposite of what I want.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-06-03, 2:43 PM #55
Well then you should start eating alot of fatty sugary foods.

You could put them in a blender with milk, have at it.
2008-06-03, 2:44 PM #56
PSS, Water is still THE HEALTHIEST THING YOU CAN DRINK suggested in this thread so far.
2008-06-03, 4:21 PM #57
Originally posted by Brian:
Bwahahaha I hope you're using the corporate theme!

Hadn't thought of that. Nice!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-06-03, 6:00 PM #58
Originally posted by happydud:
Also, to reiterate: If you're worried about "overdosing" or megadosing on vitamin water... you'd probably sooner drown yourself.

Actually it would be water poisoning as a result of hyponatremia in the brain or central nervous system. :eng101:

Originally posted by happydud:
I also have a theory (haven't confirmed this) that most, if not all, the vitamins in vitamin water are water soluble (which would make sense. Them being IN water and all.) This basically means any excess you just pee out.

You would pee out the excess, but not because the vitamins are water soluble. A lot of stuff is water soluble and is still fully processed by the liver, e.g. alcohol.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-06-03, 6:09 PM #59
[http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7682/tyronebiggumsyb1.jpg]

Red Balls.

It's Cocaine in a CAN BABY!
D E A T H
2008-06-03, 7:19 PM #60
Ingredients: WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, APPLE AND GRAPE JUICE CONCENTRATES, CITRIC ACID, STRAWBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), VITAMIN E ACETATE, NATURAL FLAVOR.

Notice how High Fructose Corn Syrup comes before "Apple and Grape Juice Concentrates?"

I think you're missing the point.

Vitamin Water Slushie = delicious

I'm really not that concerned with sugar content. I don't think Geb is either, though if you want to gain weight, don't consume simple sugars like juices because they go right through your system.

High fructose corn syrup isn't good for you, but a) it has considerably less than most sodas per serving size, and b) VW (I'm too lazy to keep typing it all out) and Teas and other stuff that has been suggested can actually quench your thirst where soda actually dehydrates you and, as a bonus, is bad for your bones. So if you're saying that the presence of High Fructose Corn Syrup makes the entire drink just as bad as soda, I think we would need to look a little deeper.

Now it's not going to cure any major disease or be a replacement for eating right. But if you're looking for a tasty beverage that's not too bad for you, go for it.

And of course water is the healthiest thing, but he mentioned he wanted something else
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-06-03, 7:25 PM #61
But seriously--smoothies.
D E A T H
2008-06-03, 8:35 PM #62
Originally posted by sugarless5:
I think you're missing the point.

Vitamin Water Slushie = delicious

I'm really not that concerned with sugar content. I don't think Geb is either, though if you want to gain weight, don't consume simple sugars like juices because they go right through your system.

High fructose corn syrup isn't good for you, but a) it has considerably less than most sodas per serving size, and b) VW (I'm too lazy to keep typing it all out) and Teas and other stuff that has been suggested can actually quench your thirst where soda actually dehydrates you and, as a bonus, is bad for your bones. So if you're saying that the presence of High Fructose Corn Syrup makes the entire drink just as bad as soda, I think we would need to look a little deeper.

Now it's not going to cure any major disease or be a replacement for eating right. But if you're looking for a tasty beverage that's not too bad for you, go for it.

And of course water is the healthiest thing, but he mentioned he wanted something else

Vitamin water is no more apt at quenching your thirst than soda because they're essentially almost the same thing.

The only real difference is that one is carbonated and the other pretends to be good for you.
2008-06-03, 9:03 PM #63
Vitamin water is no more apt at quenching your thirst than soda because they're essentially almost the same thing.

The only real difference is that one is carbonated and the other pretends to be good for you.

No, one's good with liquor and the other's for when you IN DA CLUB.

So says 50.
D E A T H
2008-06-03, 9:08 PM #64
Originally posted by Spook:
Why do you think America is so fat?

Cause a cheeseburger here is on the dollar menu when is costs $12 in Europe. :P
2008-06-03, 9:51 PM #65
I drink beverages other than water or beer maybe four or five times a month.

No beverage other than maybe protein shakes is going to help you gain useful weight anyway. Might as well drink water and save yourself the completely unnecessary sugars.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-04, 7:52 AM #66
Digg = http://consumerist.com/tag/unhealthy-drinks/?i=5012609&t=americas-most-unhealthy-drinks-exposed
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-06-04, 8:20 AM #67
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Losing weight is the opposite of what I want.

Yes, Geb losing weight is probably not a good idea.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!