Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Calling for help!
Calling for help!
2004-08-08, 4:09 PM #1
Ok, guys. I've got a simple problem here. I'm going to be needing some help from all of you who may know what you're doing. See here's my issue:

I can make some KICK *** gun models, but I don't really know alot about editing. I don't like the pistol or shotgun model from doom 3. So naturally I feel like I can do better, or at least I feel like I can make one that I like more. But here in lies the problem. I can make the model, but I don't really know how to do the rest. I never was really too good with adapting animations for new weapons, or actually knowing how to get it in game. So any help here would be so very nice. If you can let me know anything about this, I would be very grateful. Anything from how to get the model in game, to what program to use for the animating process (my modeling program doesn't do animations that work with games and it doesn't export into game formats), or you could go as far as to actually lend a hand. But the fact is this is something I really want to happen, and I can do all of the hard stuff i.e. the models and textures, but I don't know the first thing about doing the rest of it.

Oh and just for your information, the pistol replacement is going to be a Smith and Wesson 1911 (basically an improved version of the colt 1911, and the shotgun, I'm not sure what brand it will be, but it will be a classic wood and metal pump like was in the old doom games.

So yeah, any kind of help or information here would be great. I'm already at work on the models, so with your help we could have some new weapons in doom 3 within a week.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-08, 5:59 PM #2
Some screenshots prehaps?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-08, 6:14 PM #3
I would do some screens if I had a good image hosting service... Plus I believe that belongs in showcase... Which is where you will find them... If I can find a good image host and when I finish the pistol probably tomorrow... Work is going fast and I've got most of the frame completed on it. All that's really left is the slide and most of the little details, which don't take long. The frame is the hard part.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-08, 6:17 PM #4
For all your massassi image needs.[/img]

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-08, 6:20 PM #5
You'd think this was a hidden gem of massassi or something:

http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-08-09, 6:59 AM #6
Hey guys I don't know this stuff, I ain't been around the Massassi block as long as all of you.

------------------
>>untie shoes
2004-08-09, 6:03 PM #7
So yeah I can't get that image host to work. Every time I try to access anything after logging in, it tells me that I have one or more fields incomplete.

------------------
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!