Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mega-vibes please
Mega-vibes please
2008-06-08, 2:12 PM #1
My little girl (she's 5) goes to the hospital on Tuesday to get her tonsils and adenoids taken out - they're humongous. We're concerned if they get any bigger, they will block her airway (she already snores at night). The doctors tell us that the operation is relatively routine, but the recovery is slow.

Anyway, mega-vibes please! [emo]It's my little girl! .(.(.(.(.([/emo]
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2008-06-08, 2:20 PM #2
Just so you know, five seconds into being in the recovery room she's going to throw up blood. All over. It's pretty gross. I suggest you stand away from whichever way she is pointing her mouth.
2008-06-08, 2:24 PM #3
thumpa thumpa thump thumpa thumpa thumpaapapapathumpa
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-08, 2:25 PM #4
Originally posted by Rob:
Just so you know, five seconds into being in the recovery room she's going to throw up blood. All over. It's pretty gross. I suggest you stand away from whichever way she is pointing her mouth.

Ugh. I remember when I did that.

Good luck.
2008-06-08, 3:04 PM #5
Best wishes :)
woot!
2008-06-08, 3:11 PM #6
When I had my adenoids out I was home after one day so hopefully your daughter will have a quick recovery too.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2008-06-08, 3:16 PM #7
Best of luck.
2008-06-08, 3:18 PM #8
I just had that done last summer. It sucks, but little kids recover a lot faster from it I hear. And it is pretty routine.
Life is beautiful.
2008-06-08, 4:04 PM #9
yeah, i had mine removed when i was a wee lad... all i remember was that afterwards i got too eat lots of ice cream and soup... im sure the procedure will go smoothly, im sure it is a whole different experience when its your own child though. VIBEEEEES!!!! to you.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2008-06-08, 5:52 PM #10
Good luck. I hope it goes well.
2008-06-08, 6:08 PM #11
When I had it done, I was seven, and I broke the doctors nose. I remember a nurse sitting on me trying to get the mask on me.

Swollen tonsils are pretty typical in kids. These sorts of things make me wonder how we survived as a species.
2008-06-08, 7:11 PM #12
Tonsilectomy @ 11. I ****in' hated life for three weeks. I couldn't swallow ****. However, the codene, :awesome:
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-06-08, 7:44 PM #13
My cousin (6) just had the exact same operation. Wasn't too happy about not getting ice cream immediately (because he couldn't eat it) but he's doing great now. It's weird to hear how his voice has changed though.
2008-06-09, 8:34 AM #14
Ultra-vibes.

I can't really relate, I've never had anything like that done.
nope.
2008-06-10, 3:43 PM #15
Thanks all for your wishes. We are finally home after 10+ hours in the hospital. We would have been home much sooner, but she wasn't interested in eating/drinking and the nurses were getting concerned that she might become dehydrated. Eventually, though, we convinced her to eat more ice chips and she finally went pee, so we were allowed to go home. She was REALLY grumpy when she came out of the anesthesia, but overall, I guess everything is going to be ok.

And Rob, you lose: she didn't throw up once. Or twice. Or at all.
2008-06-10, 3:51 PM #16
it will hurt

but she'll be fine.
2008-06-10, 3:51 PM #17
Glad to hear it :)
2008-06-13, 5:28 AM #18
She's been throwing up all night last night, and most recently throwing up blood. We're on our way to the ER.

MORE VIBES PLEASE!!
2008-06-13, 9:28 AM #19
:smith: vibes to you sir!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2008-06-13, 9:49 AM #20
Good luck!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-06-13, 10:15 AM #21
Lots of vibes to you.
Life is beautiful.
2008-06-13, 10:21 AM #22
Best of luck, buddy!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-06-13, 10:44 AM #23
Good luck, man. *Vibes*
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-06-13, 12:25 PM #24
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
And Rob, you lose: she didn't throw up once. Or twice. Or at all.

Most people don't digest their own blood too well.

I think you might have a vampire on your hands.
2008-06-13, 3:07 PM #25
Vampires do not 'digest' blood. They suck it directly into their arteries. Their stomachs do not actually function.

And I'd have been more concerned if she wasn't grumpy. Good luck with the bleeding throat. It's dangerous for adults, but kids heal so damn fast you shouldn't have any trouble.
2008-06-14, 9:05 AM #26
We spent the night at the hospital (she hated it) and now we're home. The doc said she was dehydrated, which led to the uncontrollable vomiting, which led to the bleeding.

Anyway, she didn't like the hospital at all, so maybe she'll be willing to take in more fluids now.

Thanks for the vibes!

↑ Up to the top!