Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What European country do you hate the most?
What European country do you hate the most?
2008-06-11, 2:47 PM #41
I don't think he's taking himself overly seriously considering he isn't english.

:P

I'm not Canadian nor English and I have no idea what either of those are.

:D
nope.
2008-06-11, 2:50 PM #42
ROMANIA [/B][/SIZE]

Their women are nuts, the guys are idiots and possess a dangerous ego that leads them to abuse british girls when they dont get laid, and i did i mention they're all a bunch of f***ing gypsies?

Hundreds of them come here to the UK, their smelly little kids steal everything in site.

*spit*

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-06-11, 2:58 PM #43
Originally posted by JM:
No ****. It's like how Canadians have no idea what Canadian Bacon is. Stop taking yourself so seriously, *******.

I was just thinking about this the other day.

We know what it is, but we certainly don't call it that (we call it peameal bacon). If you ask for "bacon" here you'll get regular strip bacon just like in the US.
2008-06-11, 3:24 PM #44
it's ham anyway
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-06-11, 3:28 PM #45
After Wiki'ing it apparently Canadian Bacon is just Back Bacon.

It's not ham; Ham's a cut from the Rump or Thighs, Bacon comes from the sides, belly or back.
nope.
2008-06-11, 3:39 PM #46
I'll never understand why Americans like to name their foods after different countries.
2008-06-11, 3:48 PM #47
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I'll never understand why Americans like to name their foods after different countries.

Because apparently the alternative is naming them even stupider things like "freedom fries" or the like... :ninja: Actually, did that ever actually catch on anywhere? I sure hope it didn't.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-06-11, 4:15 PM #48
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Because apparently the alternative is naming them even stupider things like "freedom fries" or the like... :ninja: Actually, did that ever actually catch on anywhere? I sure hope it didn't.

Not outside the Congressional cafeteria and remote areas of the southeast.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-06-11, 11:24 PM #49
http://dailysedative.com/content/538_germanyr.html
2008-06-12, 5:27 AM #50
Romania. Seriously, that place is a hole if Bucharest and the surrounds are anything to go by. I visited for one day and by the evening I was high-tailing it out of there. Craters in the road, cripples and hunch-backed babushkas begging everywhere, taxi men trying to rip you off, policemen trying to charge you made up fines, litter everywhere, stray dogs roaming in packs and generally unpleasant and rude people. The only place where people got pissed at me for making an attempt to speak their language. All the poverty was made all the more comical by the parliamentary palace, the second largest building by mass in the world (after the Pentagon) and so large it's still unfinished yet the cost of upkeep is such that they can't afford to maintain the older parts. It's also to expensive to keep lit so as you move throughout the building the guide clicks the lights on and off; grand crystal chandeliers are lit with fluorescent bulbs. All materials were sourced in Romania and so much marble was used that they had to look to other materials for gravestones for a while.

I'm actually being unfair, it's a huge country and I only visited the capital. The Transylvanian Alps for example are awesome, it's just that poverty and communism ruined Bucharest.
2008-06-12, 7:09 AM #51
**** serbia
**** france
**** austria
**** portugal
**** wales
**** italy
**** all the other toilet bowl nations full of gypsies

i hate countries
2008-06-12, 7:11 AM #52
just gonna say **** japan too, even though they arent in europe
2008-06-12, 9:37 AM #53
Monaco.

They just seem rly pretentious.
D E A T H
2008-06-12, 11:42 AM #54
all the former eastern bloc countries.
2008-06-13, 12:44 AM #55
Originally posted by Ruthven:
ROMANIA [/B][/SIZE]

That's actually a good choice. Beggars were an unknown phenomenon in this town until recently but then Romania joined EU and it seems it's their holy mission to send hordes of beggars all over the rest of Europe. I wish they had other kind of emissaries to spare. But if the place really is like Recusant described, I doubt they care a bit what others think of them.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2008-06-13, 2:21 AM #56
Recusant's description of Romania makes it sound like the destitute man's Russia.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-13, 11:37 AM #57
It's a warmer poor man's Russia. I went to Serbia and Bosnia during that time as well and so I'd come across the odd ruined building, the packs of stray dogs and sometimes cratered road but they at least had an excuse having experienced war in the last 10 - 15 years and the people there seemed to have some pride. The cause of Romania's problems was the old dictator Nicolae Ceausescu. He wrecked Bucharest's "little Paris" image by bull-dozing a large part of it; dispossessing a lot of people and causing the stray dog problem that used to plague the denizens at night, killing people from time to time. His bulldozing project was so he could build the Romanian version of the Champs Elysee (1 meter wider just to prove some retarded point) and fill the surrounds with luxury communist style flats around the bloated presidential palace. He killed and imprisoned literally millions of political opponents, tried to stop all birth control, he went nuts with the secret police, he withheld vital fuel from his people in the winter in preference for his insane city planning projects, he ruled over some of the most polluting cities in the world, the list goes on and on. When they had their 1989 revolution he and his wife stood a brief trial on a ****e load of offences and were executed within a couple of days on Christmas Day. I understand it's still popular Xmas viewing even now.
It's a level of ****ed-up-ness that'll take forever to fix.
2008-06-14, 8:29 PM #58
**** Norway and **** Denmark.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2008-06-14, 11:13 PM #59
Originally posted by Simbachu:
**** Norway and **** Denmark.

Yeah, **** you. :P Denmark was a fine place to reside for four months, and I never had any more trouble paying for my basic needs there than I'd have had in your average American city. Copenhagen is livable if a bit expensive, and Oslo... well, I'm not going to defend Oslo. Good luck. :v:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-14, 11:18 PM #60
Originally posted by Freelancer:
/thread

Pretty much, that was awesome.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-06-14, 11:23 PM #61
Well I can defenitely say I'm not a fan of french food thats for sure.

English people seem to like to openly insult americans via message boards every chance they get, justified or not.

Not too sure on this one.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-06-15, 10:23 PM #62
IS sweden a good country?
Back again
2008-06-15, 10:27 PM #63
never been there but i hear they don't actually talk like the swedish chef... when i learned that sweden was removed from my list of places i'd like to visit but likely never will

i had the language down but then someone had to spring that info on me... **** sweden
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-06-16, 4:18 AM #64
Now that I think about it, Elbonia is pretty annoying.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-06-16, 4:28 AM #65
Originally posted by Onimusha.:
English people seem to like to openly insult americans via message boards every chance they get, justified or not.

.....you suck! :P
2008-06-16, 5:08 AM #66
Originally posted by Recusant:
.....you suck! :P

I didn't realise we weren't counting Britain as one country here, because I'm fairly sure I'm biologically obligated to hate you lot the most.

:P
nope.
2008-06-16, 5:20 AM #67
Originally posted by Onimusha.:

Its a genetic pre disposition to hating yanks, its not our fault.
Plus, you raped our language. :awesomelon:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-06-16, 7:12 AM #68
^ I suppose you do have a point there, haha.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-06-16, 7:18 AM #69
The Isle of Man, because we're sick of being invaded.
2008-06-16, 8:07 AM #70
Originally posted by Ruthven:
Its a genetic pre disposition to hating yanks, its not our fault.
Plus, you raped our language. :awesomelon:

There's also the genetic predisposition for hating the French, also shared by much of America.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2008-06-16, 8:13 AM #71
Quote:
IS sweden a good country?

It's the most liberal country in the world. The only thing they should change is the language ;)

(Not exactly using the American contemporary meaning of LIEBERAL but judging by the current "giving money to poor people is wrong" thread, I suppose it's valid as well)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!