Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I think someone stole my Steam account.
I think someone stole my Steam account.
2008-06-10, 2:35 PM #1
I tried to log in today, and my password has mysteriously CHANGED. So I sent one of those verification email things.

Since Thrawn[numbarz] is the one who made the account, I asked him to check his email and there was NOTHING

this makes me think: Someone took my password and changed the email address.

How can I solve my problem, Massassi?
2008-06-10, 2:37 PM #2
You have to e-mail valve support.

They're going to ask for a picture of the original serial key for atleast one or two of the games on your account.
2008-06-10, 2:44 PM #3
like a photograph of a box?

I'm not even sure I still have the box for HL2 and all my other games were downloaded.
2008-06-10, 2:46 PM #4
Like a photograph of the part that has the cdkey on it.

It's in their READ OUR FAQ BEFORE GOING ON THE FORUMS thing somewhere.
2008-06-10, 3:05 PM #5
Are CD keys stored in the game folders somewhere?
2008-06-10, 3:06 PM #6
Go read their FAQs.
2008-06-10, 4:43 PM #7
I doubt they'll require pictures of the cd keys considering their penchant for online sales. There's a good chance they can work it out for you, but I'm not gonna say they absolutely will.

Good luck.
D E A T H
2008-06-10, 5:01 PM #8
Valve Sucks.

My brother bought HL2:EP2 and installed it on his account to find out his computer cannot run HL2:EP2, so he gives the game to me.

I try to install it, figure out the CD key is used. I have to mail in proof of purchase, and a scan copy of the CD-key, AKA wait a week or two before I can play the game.

I just used my brother's account, because I didn't want to spend another 50 bucks or wait 2 weeks.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-06-10, 6:03 PM #9
Valve's tech support is crap, but I had a pleasant experience with their customer support. I pre-ordered the Orange Box for the wrong Steam account and they refunded me the amount so I could buy it for my main account.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-06-10, 6:14 PM #10
Might want to scan for a keylogger, too.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-06-11, 11:58 AM #11
I think if most of them were purchased online they should be able to ask the CURRENT steam account holder (the thief) for id verification (your credit card number) and when he cant come up with it, you do. Or something to that effect.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"

↑ Up to the top!