Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tim Russert isn't gonna be on TV Sunday
Tim Russert isn't gonna be on TV Sunday
2008-06-13, 1:01 PM #1
:/
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-13, 1:04 PM #2
Tim Russert was one of the few journalists with real credibility. Every Sunday Morning (and recently Sunday Afternoons, with the MTP podcast), I looked forward to his show, it's always one of the highlights of my week.

RIP Tim. You'll be sorely missed.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-13, 2:04 PM #3
:(
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-06-13, 3:35 PM #4
:(
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-06-13, 8:28 PM #5
I always enjoyed Tim Russert. Out of many of those political show moderators and such, he was my favorite. He was also usually pretty good during the election coverages.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-06-14, 9:08 AM #6
I wouldn't be surprised if his work was a considerable factor leading to his death. It seems like every primary or important election-related event/discussion, he was there. Especially since this election is heating up to a very eventful one with all these candidates running around, Tim seemed like he is always needed in more than one place at once.

Maybe if Hillary didn't bother hanging on so long, maybe Tim didn't need to be in so many of these debates and Democratic political gatherings. That's right, Hillary Clinton killed Tim Russert.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-06-14, 9:57 AM #7
This really sucks. It's almost unreal.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-14, 10:15 AM #8
Yeah this really does blow. I didn't watch him much but when I did, he was good.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-06-14, 10:34 AM #9
He was one of the few mainstream media reporters that was genuinely honest and about the topics. He's got friends on both sides of the party lines, and it's really sad to see the number of decent reporters dwindle.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!