Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Galactica mid-season finale...
Galactica mid-season finale...
2008-06-14, 12:10 AM #1
Can anyone say "Holy Crap!?"

So much happened, and I didn't even know it was the mid-season finale.

This was a "Captain picard get's assimilated by the borg!?" finale, it was crazy.

SPOILER WARNING
I MEAN IT
OK
4 of the 5 cylons revealed to the fleet, and they FOUND EARTH... OMG OOMG OMGOMG

My impressions:
I have no frakking clue where they are going to take this. They seriously had me at 5 minutes before the episode ended. I was thinking "This can't be it, it can't be over," then they landed, and I was beyond confused yet somehow amazed. I love these writers.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-06-14, 12:53 AM #2
I just want to say that I went to scifi.com because i heard the episode was up. Yes it was. Scifi.com had it streaming. Not "hit play."

I had part of the episode spoiled for me because they ****ing decided autoplay was a GOOD idea
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-06-14, 1:21 AM #3
my theory earth is loooong since toasted. humans left earth long ago after a nuclear holocaust, went to kobol, kobol split up into the thirteen tribes, those got nuked, now they all come back to earth to see their roots. the thirteenth tribe had originally done the same and found out about earf as well. they probably left and went somewhere else. maybe they left the colonial beacon the fleet picked up? so maybe the final half of the season will be about finding the thirteenth tribe. or maybe they will rebuild earth...

so now, humans and cylons make home on earth until the cycle repeats... it has all happened before, will all happen again, etc.

or even better yet, earth was the site of the first human/cylon war and exodus, kobol the second, and the colonies the third.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2008-06-14, 2:45 AM #4
something else to think about. earth is still fairly barren, fairly nuked. kobol, by contrast, was overgrown. if the earth conflict happened before kobol one would expect earth to be growing again by now. this perhaps indicates that the 13th tribe destroyed itself or was destroyed fairly more recently.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2008-06-14, 4:46 AM #5
i stopped watching it when we lost sky 1. that was 3 years ago.

whoops :(
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-06-14, 5:32 AM #6
Get to earth and it's a barren wasteland? One damned cliche after another. Woopdie-doo.

More interesting : Diana knows who the fifth is. However, she said that only four are with the fleet. If the fifth had been with the fleet, she should have known it. This suggests that the fifth is one of the hostages.
2008-06-14, 9:16 AM #7
Originally posted by JM:
Get to earth and it's a barren wasteland? One damned cliche after another. Woopdie-doo.

:downswords:

Quote:
More interesting : Diana knows who the fifth is. However, she said that only four are with the fleet. If the fifth had been with the fleet, she should have known it. This suggests that the fifth is one of the hostages.

Whos to say that the 5th are even with them?
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-06-14, 9:30 AM #8
Isn't "mid-season finale" a contradiction in terms?
2008-06-14, 10:19 AM #9
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Isn't "mid-season finale" a contradiction in terms?

Not if you work for NBC!

If you work for NBC you don't see things in terms of "contradictions," you see "opportunities" to cut 4 episodes from the last season's budget and sell advertising for an extra full 12 months of midseason reruns.
2008-06-14, 11:22 AM #10
Looked pretty green from orbit.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2008-06-15, 8:26 PM #11
Oh also

[http://fatadelic.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/planetofapes.jpg]
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-06-16, 7:07 PM #12
I've been holding out for a long time that the series will end in one of two ways:

1- They get to earth and find out that ALL of them were Cylons all along.
2- They /almost/ get to earth, Cylon fleet either catches up, or the one in orbit around earth obliterates the remainder of the hoo-man fleet.

Anything else will disappoint me.

Also, Snapes killed Trinity with Rosebud
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2008-06-16, 7:10 PM #13
[http://www.reallifecomics.com/comics/2008/20080616_2014.png]
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-16, 7:16 PM #14
Originally posted by Dormouse:
I've been holding out for a long time that the series will end in one of two ways:

1- They get to earth and find out that ALL of them were Cylons all along.
2- They /almost/ get to earth, Cylon fleet either catches up, or the one in orbit around earth obliterates the remainder of the hoo-man fleet.

Anything else will disappoint me.

Also, Snapes killed Trinity with Rosebud

I don't think so. I think it's more likely they find out that those that left earth originally left earth for the exact same reason they left the twelve colonies (nuclear annihilation), and the "final five" were the original models that had initiated the attack on earth, causing the humans to leave earth with the final five in pursuit!

"all this has happened before, and it will happen again"
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-16, 7:26 PM #15
Originally posted by fishstickz:
I don't think so. I think it's more likely they find out that those that left earth originally left earth for the exact same reason they left the twelve colonies (nuclear annihilation), and the "final five" were the original models that had initiated the attack on earth, causing the humans to leave earth with the final five in pursuit!

"all this has happened before, and it will happen again"

Ehh.. maybe. So long as Lee and Roslin die in the ending I'll manage.
2008-06-16, 8:39 PM #16
i thought it would be funny if they got to earth and found us. present day humans. with our petty fights over ridiculous ideas.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-06-17, 7:00 AM #17
I was just irritated that they finally get the season rolling, and now I have to wait. :argh:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-06-17, 11:36 AM #18
yeah, but we all knew that would happen.

They were contemplating doing this mid-season 1-year wait thing since BEFORE the writers strike. the writers strike finalized it.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-06-17, 12:56 PM #19
Originally posted by Ford:
i thought it would be funny if they got to earth and found us. present day humans. with our petty fights over ridiculous ideas.

Cylons vs Massassi Cage Fight!!
2008-06-18, 7:07 AM #20
the chief rocks now he is just a wreck
2008-06-18, 9:53 AM #21
Well that was awesome. I was hoping to see a wrecked statue of liberty.

When does it start up again?
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-06-18, 10:21 AM #22
Early 2009.

Yeah.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!