Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Windows Live Expo
Windows Live Expo
2008-06-16, 6:41 PM #1
What do you think it is? Don't google it, just post a first impression based entirely off the name. If you search for it, it will ruin the purpose of this thread.

I'll post what it's about once there are some responses.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-06-16, 6:43 PM #2
some sort of online office program?

o.0
2008-06-16, 6:49 PM #3
i'm guessing a microsoft launch party?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-16, 6:52 PM #4
I imagine a scene with an old man and a very young woman staring at each other, naked. The aged man, an old fart from the 16-bit era and an experienced user of all the versions, speaks the familiar word "Windows..." in a slow, course manner. Now the woman, a new user and a person of current computer trends, whispers "Live..." in an upbeat and youthful demeanor. Now they lock their eyes and proceed to rotate their heads carefully toward the camera. When their faces are in full view of the audience, they simultaneously yet calmly say "Expo...". Then they have sex.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-06-16, 6:57 PM #5
Its part of Microsoft's new online dating program -- Microsoft Office Singles -- find Microsoft Office users in your area!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2008-06-16, 6:59 PM #6
Hah. Too bad you're incompatible.
2008-06-16, 7:00 PM #7
Originally posted by gbk:
Its part of Microsoft's new online dating program -- Microsoft Office Singles -- find Microsoft Office users in your area!

And throw rocks at them! :D

[Although as someone forced to work in the abomination that is Lotus Notes every day.. I might welcome a change.]
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2008-06-16, 7:05 PM #8
I would guess some kind of online MS expo, or marketing site. Maybe some kind of dedicated program to inform about new and upcoming products.
2008-06-16, 7:09 PM #9
I know for a fact it's their craigslist knockoff they're discontinuing. (It was on a podcast I listen to, they made light of the fact that no one even knew it existed.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-16, 7:18 PM #10
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Hah. Too bad you're incompatible.

I'm not just incompatable, I'm downright infectious.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2008-06-16, 7:22 PM #11

KILL IT! KILL IT!!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-06-16, 7:22 PM #12
D:
2008-06-16, 7:57 PM #13

GPL :downs:
2008-06-16, 10:56 PM #14
I pictured a convention for Windows Live with a bunch of people in tucked in light blue plaid collared shirts. Although I know that's not what it is.
一个大西瓜
2008-06-16, 11:52 PM #15
Originally posted by fishstickz:
I know for a fact it's their craigslist knockoff they're discontinuing. (It was on a podcast I listen to, they made light of the fact that no one even knew it existed.

well at least it looks better than craigslist.. but hey that's not really hard to do
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-06-17, 3:47 AM #16
Microsoft loves generic names so this could be pretty much anything related to their services or software.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2008-06-17, 2:39 PM #17
kyle's got it. It's their Craigslist competitor. Seriously, what? Did they even market test the name? Or did the idiot managers just thumb through a thesaurus, find something vaguely similar to "auction" and prefix it with "Windows Live"?

It's no wonder the service bombed because no one used it. No one knew what the hell it was. The crazy part is that it could have killed Craigslist. Craigslist has a terrible interface. Microsoft doesn't always create the greatest UIs, but anyone can do better than Craigslist.

↑ Up to the top!