Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → [Tech] So uhh... (random question)
[Tech] So uhh... (random question)
2008-06-18, 7:48 PM #1
My Word 2003 has inexplicably gained the ability to open, edit, and save Word 2007 documents (it is now an option in the save window). Does anyone know why this is?
一个大西瓜
2008-06-18, 7:51 PM #2
Microsoft released a compatability package. I think its available via Microsoft Update.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2008-06-18, 8:45 PM #3
Your WORD program has fallen in love with you. even though it would like to remain exclusive, and see only you and 2003 documents, its afraid of stifling you and chasing you off.

so instead it has given up its values and is whoring itself out to any word document around, in the hopes of keeping your interest.

i say, milk it for all its worth for another year or so, and get your fill of all the crazy acrobatic typing youll be doing in that time. then, when the skinnier, sleeker 2009 model comes out next year... drop its *** in the recycling bin like used tissue paper.

Its the right thing to do :)
(\_/)
(o.o)
(")(")
The bunny sees all,
the bunny knows all,
the bunny is always watching.
2008-06-18, 9:14 PM #4
i welcome more posts like this ^
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-06-19, 4:08 AM #5
this may seem a bit off topic, but can anyone here tell me how i place text under my name? mine says registered user, and i have looked everywhere in the options for a place to change it, but i cant seem to find it.

im sure i must be overlooking something pretty obvious, seeing as EVERYONE except me has found it already...
(\_/)
(o.o)
(")(")
The bunny sees all,
the bunny knows all,
the bunny is always watching.
2008-06-19, 4:55 AM #6
It's under the "Cool Dudes" section in the CP.
Sorry for the lousy German
2008-06-19, 6:06 AM #7
ask wookie he knows
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-06-19, 7:58 AM #8
Jon'C has the power too.... <.<
2008-06-19, 10:01 AM #9
back on subject plzz

But yea, its probably for backward compatability reasons since the new format is .docx
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-06-19, 12:37 PM #10
Don't ask joker, or you end up like me!

<---
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-06-19, 5:31 PM #11
Originally posted by NoESC:
ask wookie he knows

Strange that I actually stumbled upon this. LOfreakinL
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

↑ Up to the top!