Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Animaniacs
Animaniacs
2008-06-20, 12:54 PM #1
So, as a graduation gift, I was given Animaniacs Vols. 1, 2, and 3 on DVD.

I've been watching a few episodes each night. I had forgotten how funny that cartoon was! I remember why I loved it as a kid, though it isn't as psychotic as I seem to remember it, and there's a lot of "adult-ish" humor. Whenever someone makes an "adult" joke, Yakko blows a kiss to the audience and says "Good night everybody!"

My favorite parts (so far into the series) are from the second and fourth episodes, respectively:

Yakko's World

(this is also interesting)

The Monkey Song

What are your favorite Animaniacs episodes/segments?
2008-06-20, 1:05 PM #2
Good idea, bad idea.
2008-06-20, 1:05 PM #3
Wakko's world is one of my favorite things ever.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-20, 1:15 PM #4
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-20, 1:21 PM #5
i may have to buy those dvds sometime... i loved that show
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-06-20, 1:22 PM #6
I never watched it except for every weekend. Good times.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-06-20, 3:07 PM #7
It's been a while for me, but the obligatory, "Helooooooo, nurse!" is needed.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-06-20, 4:41 PM #8
Animaniacs was the last great kids cartoon.

I loved Good Idea, Bad Idea as well as Pinky and The Brain.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-06-20, 6:58 PM #9
I agree. Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid (sp?), Tiny Toons were the cornerstones of my childhood television viewing. Let's not forget Batman: The Animated Series, Dexter's Laboratory, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold and even, dare I say, Reboot?

It's a bit disheartening to see children shows of today who threat the kids as if they were attention-deficit retards. Or kids who drool over anything anime-related.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-06-20, 7:09 PM #10
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I agree. Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid (sp?), Tiny Toons were the cornerstones of my childhood television viewing. Let's not forget Batman: The Animated Series, Dexter's Laboratory, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold and even, dare I say, Reboot?

It's a bit disheartening to see children shows of today who threat the kids as if they were attention-deficit retards. Or kids who drool over anything anime-related.
pretty much the same here, although what/who is Reboot???
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-06-20, 7:46 PM #11
I cautiously mention Reboot because, even though I liked it, many people found the show lame. Funny, this day and age, even game consoles could probably run the Reboot environments in real time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N06Y4xUPWTU

The series doesn't age well, especially since everyone these days are much more tech-savvy. It is silly to name the main antagonist, who is a computer virus, "Megabyte," a unit, and his sister, "Hexadecimal," a notation. But it didn't matter back then because of the cool CGI!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-06-20, 7:57 PM #12
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2008-06-20, 8:03 PM #13
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Funny, this day and age, even game consoles could probably run the Reboot environments in real time.

i'd say a PS2 could easily render reboot in real time
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-06-20, 8:23 PM #14
Yeah, I have them on DVD and am watching them currently. The show has definitely aged well, and I notice things and jokes now I never would as a kid
2008-06-21, 1:21 PM #15
Originally posted by poley:
pretty much the same here, although what/who is Reboot???

It was a CGI thing on ITV on thursday afternoons at 4:25pm.

:neckbeard:
nope.
2008-06-21, 2:11 PM #16

I loved that episode.
2008-06-21, 4:18 PM #17
Sigh, the overwhelming nostalgia makes me want to cry.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-22, 5:15 PM #18
Yeah definitely a lot of nostalgia here. I remember watching a episode of Freakazoid a long time ago where it defends Nerds or something.
2008-06-22, 11:28 PM #19
i never really watched the Animaniacs

:/

wakko's world is amazing though
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!