Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gone Wireless, need help...
Gone Wireless, need help...
2004-08-09, 3:33 PM #1
I know this might count as a tech thread, but it takes too long to get a reply there, i just got this thing setup (the cable net) and now i need to get the wireless network setup and share the connection. Im using all linksys stuff since people seemed to say they are good.

Ive got the modem connected to the router and this comp to the router, net works on this one but its linked via cable, the other computers upstairs are on wireless cards and ive never dealt with them before, i cant seem to get any kind of connection to this comp or the net to the other comps upstairs... it does connect to the router but thats it....

help please... thanks

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-08-09, 4:31 PM #2
COuld be interference, or there might be lead in your walls

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-09, 4:59 PM #3
Once again, the tech forum is checked quite frequently, there just isn't a lot to post about in there all the time.

Are the wireless machines at least getting an IP? You can check with winipcfg (9x/ME) or ipconfig (2000/XP).

Make sure wireless is enabled in the config interface (no reason it shouldn't be by default).

Make sure the wireless clients all have the correct encryption key if you enabled WEP.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2004-08-10, 4:25 AM #4
Its getting a signal, its connecting, i just cant figure out how to access the net thru the router. I also cant see the main comp on a network...

------------------
2004-08-10, 4:27 AM #5
Make sure to install the router's drivers on your computer. Also the wireless card's.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-10, 5:21 AM #6
Everything is properly installed, they all work and do see eachother, I just cant access the net thru my router, theres gotta be some stupid setting somewhere or sumin, ive been playing with IPs and gotten nowhere.... this is a pain, i hate networking.

------------------
2004-08-10, 6:25 AM #7
Make sure the settings on the comps are the same as you setup on the router. If you're requiring WEPs, make sure the router is sending them out to the comps, or that you have them typed in correctly, etc. etc.

------------------
Our very existence is at stake

Yay! I can finally join the snail-racing crew.

-@%
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2004-08-10, 7:46 AM #8
Try the XP Network config program (if you have an XP disc, that is.)

It usually works for me.

------------------
"Judging by the name of the author, and the name of the work, I'd guess it's an energy "beam". You know, like in the Japanese cartoons where those guys with big hair fly around, talk philosophy, and shoot fireballs at each other." - Hellequin
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*

↑ Up to the top!