Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bioshock is activation limit free!
Bioshock is activation limit free!
2008-06-23, 1:50 PM #1
yes yes yes yes!

:XD:
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-23, 2:14 PM #2
The DRM on Bioshock wasn't even that bad, aside from this being like nine months late.
2008-06-23, 2:35 PM #3
It's always good news when DRM is removed.
2008-06-23, 2:40 PM #4
It's not removed, just lessened. Internet activation and SecurROM are still there.
一个大西瓜
2008-06-23, 2:50 PM #5
Less good news, then, but at least a step in the right direction.
2008-06-23, 3:29 PM #6
Bout time they fixed this issue that I never had with it.
2008-06-23, 3:37 PM #7
That reminds me..I need to finish Bioshock.

And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

And The Witcher.

And Neverwinter Nights 2.

And Oblivion.
woot!
2008-06-23, 4:43 PM #8
BIOSHOCK
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-23, 6:14 PM #9
I'm sure am glad I got Bioshock through Steam so I don't have to deal with this mess.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2008-06-23, 8:26 PM #10
yeah i need to finish bioshock too...
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-06-23, 10:16 PM #11
The last boss is too easy if you've gone down the make your character a walking melée weapon route like I did.

I bludgeoned him to death with the spanner and came out laughing.
2008-06-23, 10:49 PM #12
Hacked security bots kill him even faster.
2008-06-23, 11:45 PM #13
I preferred to just hit them with my spanner. :XD:
2008-06-24, 9:24 AM #14
I hacked the security bots and then ran away to explore the arena, and then he died and I was like WTF?
2008-06-24, 9:28 AM #15
Haha! The balance tipped from heavily in favour of your enemies to ridiculously in your favour somewhere around the time I started being able to hoard my shotgun shells. I might play it through again but try to pick crappy plasmids to make it harder...
2008-06-24, 9:30 AM #16
Well you don't need any of the element plasmids, because the goo spraying gun does all the work for you.

The only one I usually kept was lightning plasmid because it was handy for houdini splicers.
2008-06-24, 11:12 AM #17
Oddly enough I used those plasmids and just hoarded the goo gun ammo. I only used it with electric gel on big daddies really. And that was only when I was running low on electric shotgun shells...

Actually, apart from electric ammo generally (daddies) I just hoarded EVERYTHING because I did the bulk of my work with the spanner of joy/health.

I frigging love the bloodlust plasmid...
2008-06-24, 11:14 AM #18
Originally posted by Martyn:
The last boss is too easy if you've gone down the make your character a walking melée weapon route like I did.

I bludgeoned him to death with the spanner and came out laughing.

The battle with the last boss was a joke. The Big daddies were a more of a challenge than he was.
2008-06-24, 11:21 AM #19
Okay... so now I have half a reason to buy the game? Everyone says its amazing, but the demo failed to impress me any more than Doom 3 did in its day.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-06-24, 11:24 AM #20
Originally posted by SavageX378:
The Big daddies were a more of a challenge than he was.

Only because they had attacks you couldn't dodge if you didn't have the ammo to hammer on them :P
2008-06-24, 11:35 AM #21
Originally posted by JLee:
That reminds me..I need to finish Bioshock.

And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

You should get on that. STALKER (especially with the Oblivion Lost mod), is the most underrated game in the last couple years.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-24, 11:36 AM #22
Does Oblivion Lost fix the broken difficulty?

Game is hard as **** for like 2 hours, then you turn into a SUPER god.
2008-06-24, 11:46 AM #23
Originally posted by fishstickz:
You should get on that. STALKER (especially with the Oblivion Lost mod), is the most underrated game in the last couple years.

I'll have to look into that mod...I think I'm near the end, though. I shut off the big machine thing...can't remember what it's called.
woot!
2008-06-24, 11:52 AM #24
on this last playthrough i decided to try the crossbow more

omfg does it do damage
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-24, 11:58 AM #25
The crossbow was my favorite weapon.

The game seems to make ammo scarce for whatever you like to use the most. Which in my case was the pistol and the crossbow.
2008-06-24, 12:31 PM #26
Originally posted by Rob:
Does Oblivion Lost fix the broken difficulty?

Game is hard as **** for like 2 hours, then you turn into a SUPER god.

Yeah, it scales the difficulty much, much better. Oblivion Lost turns it into the survival horror game that STALKER was originally pinned as.
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-24, 12:56 PM #27
I don't think I'd like alot of the features it named.

I can appreciate randomness, but it made it sound like it could and would put a SUPER MONSTER in the first sewer when I would have no good weapons.
2008-06-24, 2:09 PM #28
Originally posted by Rob:
The crossbow was my favorite weapon.

The game seems to make ammo scarce for whatever you like to use the most. Which in my case was the pistol and the crossbow.

I was all about the shotty. The pistol was good once I'd upgraded it, but I'd upgraded the shotgun first so I never really got the use out of it early on. I reasoned that if I could kill them with the pistol I could just do it with my faithful spanner, hence why I spent my upgrades on other weapons (that I actually used).

In sad news I've just realised I sold my copy of Bioshock. I'll see if it's worth getting it again on the cheap.
2008-06-24, 2:22 PM #29
Originally posted by fishstickz:

Die in a fire. AMK > OL.

Anyway, I saw this on RPS. Kinda want to play it again, now.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-06-24, 2:25 PM #30
What the hell is AMK?

I hate people that use acronyms not everyone is familiar with. >: (
2008-06-24, 2:30 PM #31
"AMK mod". I don't think AMK stands for anything, or if it does, then I don't know it. And I wouldn't know it because I can't read cyrillic anymore, since it's a primarily Russian mod.

Even so, having tried both AMK and OL, I prefer AMK. Except it's hard to play with constant crashes and ten-hour loading times, although I'm only fairly sure that's the fault of my machine.

Man, I need more money.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-06-24, 2:58 PM #32
AMK changes the gameplay too much for my taste. It's a good mod though.
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-25, 10:31 AM #33
i propose we celebrate with a bioshock installathon
:master::master::master:
2008-06-25, 11:02 AM #34
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Okay... so now I have half a reason to buy the game? Everyone says its amazing, but the demo failed to impress me any more than Doom 3 did in its day.

I got bored about halfway through (right after the whole bit with Atlas and the submarine), uninstalled the game, and read the rest of the story on Wikipedia.

Saved myself from being bored out of my brain for however many hours it would have taken me to get there.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-06-26, 11:40 PM #35
I seriously regret getting the game. It didn't live up to its hype. It also has zero replay value (the multiple endings don't count because killing or saving the girls doesn't really warrant a second play through) and it only took me two days to beat it, which is pretty short for a supposed RPG. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the game it just wasn't what I was hoping it would be.
2008-06-27, 12:03 AM #36
Originally posted by SavageX378:
supposed RPG

There's your problem.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-06-27, 2:28 PM #37
I'm not stupid, I realize that it's not a true rpg but a rpg fps hybrid like system shock 2

↑ Up to the top!