Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So i was going to sell my printer on craigslist / facebook....
So i was going to sell my printer on craigslist / facebook....
2008-06-24, 10:07 AM #1
And then nobody wanted to buy it :( I was sad. In fact if any of you want to buy it let me know >_> (epson cx6600)

ANYWAY

I was going to delete both the postings today when I received an email from a gentleman on facebook who was interested in buying my printer!

Quote:
Dear seller, Initially, i want yout make sure you response to this mail is sent to me at my email

box which is: ************
I'm really interested in buying this item on behalf of my client which i've been dealing with for

the past 8yrs ago. But i'm presently out of United States. I went to a french country to check on

my wife cos she has been admitted at the hospital here for "breast canser" and i do not want to

loose this transaction cos my client so much trust me that it is only me that will be able to handle

the transaction with honesty. I would have prefer my client to mail the check to me directly so

that i can just forward you your fund but the problem is that USA check won't be cashable here

in French country. All i need to know is that are you honest to handle the transaction? If yes, i

want you to email me your full name, address and phone# asap now so that i can forward it to my

client to mail payment asap and you will be getting it in the next 3days i got your mailing

information. I really need you to be honest in this transaction because the amount on the check

you will be receiving from my client will be more than the item fees just because my commision,

shipping fees, plus some outstandings will be added to the payment. So i really want you to handle

the transaction faithfully. I want you to promise me that as soon as you got the check from my

client, you will only deduct just your fund and westernunion the remaining part of the money to

me and you will never cheat on me. I want you to take the item off advertisement at facebook.com

because i don't want anyother buyer to bid on it again cos i'm serious in buying this item very fast

ok. I will be adding extra $20 to your payment for removing it on listing and make sure you inform

me immediately you remove it on listing so that i'll know that you done that for me ok.And I will

also be reponsible for any expenses that the transaction might cost you at the end.

I need answers to this questions to proceed with the transaction asap

1)Is the item in good condition? And what is the final asking price?

2)Is any WESTERN UNION location where you can send the balance money around you the day

you receive the payment?

3)Can you make sure you get the payment cashed at your bank the same day you receive it and

western union the balance money?

4)Can you allow me to send DHL (my shipping company) for the pick up and complete the

transaction the day you receive the check?

5)Can you assure me that you will honestly deduct just your fund and western union the remaining

money asap?

If yes to all my questions, kindly email me back your full name, address and mobile# today so that

i can forward it to my client asap

Note: You won't be responsible for western union charges. You have to deduct the western union

charges from the payment.

Email me to: ************
make sure your response goes to the above email address ok. I will like to talk to you with my

private email box ok.

Once again, I will be waiting for your response at ************

Answer my above questions and email me your full name, address and phone# to mail payment asap

now

Thanks.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-06-24, 10:09 AM #2
:v:

2008-06-24, 10:21 AM #3
I can't believe people still try that scam..

A friend of mine got a check in the mail he was supposed to 'send the balance' back..

upon further investigation of this 'real' check.. it had a VOID watermark on it
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-06-24, 12:22 PM #4
I kind of want to scam him back >_>
2008-06-24, 12:52 PM #5
*nyah nyah nyahhh nyah nyah nyahhh*
[http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/en.futurama/images/thumb/d/d7/Scammer_aliens.JPG/250px-Scammer_aliens.JPG]
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-06-24, 5:43 PM #6
Originally posted by mb:
I kind of want to scam him back >_>

Like the famous PowerBook counterscam?

(Link for people who somehow have missed during the past half-decade)
[Edit: far better link here]
一个大西瓜
2008-06-24, 5:56 PM #7
Quite like the pppppppppppppppppowerbook.

Except the only thing I could think of is to tell the guy that there isnt a DHL by me andask if he could send me gas money so I could bring it to a Fed Ex Kinkos or something like that.

That sounds like a bad idea though, so im welcome to any suggestions.
2008-06-24, 6:42 PM #8
I like the fact that he put breast cancer in quotes, as if it's some made-up medical condition meant to sap us of our money.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-06-24, 8:04 PM #9
Maybe you should send him a voided check?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-06-25, 8:26 AM #10
do it!
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-06-25, 9:06 AM #11
I want to but I need a better excuse to have him send me money than "No DHL here"

↑ Up to the top!