Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Iraq execution video hoax
Iraq execution video hoax
2004-08-07, 3:53 AM #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3544032.stm

I very much hope this man is arrested and executed for treason, and I'm against the death penalty. What scum.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-08-07, 3:59 AM #2
Flame war on sight.

However, I agree with you.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-08-07, 4:47 AM #3
*shudder*

------------------
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-08-07, 4:59 AM #4
In other unrelated news, Candidate Causes Stir in U.S. Congressional Campaign With His Support for Eugenics.

So what? There are idiots everywhere and that's all there really is to say about that.

[This message has been edited by KnobZ (edited August 07, 2004).]
2004-08-07, 5:10 AM #5
wow someone needs to remove them from the genepool....

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2004-08-07, 5:19 AM #6
I knew it was a hoax a few days after it was released... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-08-07, 5:22 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">n other unrelated news, Candidate Causes Stir in U.S. Congressional Campaign With His Support for Eugenics.

So what? There are idiots everywhere and that's all there really is to say about that.</font>

What do you mean, so what? This man faked his beheading at the hands of al-Qaeda after telling us we should leave Iraq on their behalf. Taken in context, I think this amounts to treason. The Constitution protects unpopular political views. It is somewhat less friendly to traitors.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-08-07, 5:40 AM #8
He used this to get attention "for his campaign to get elected as city supervisor"? Wow.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-07, 5:47 AM #9
That's some pretty short-sighted campaigning, if you ask me.
2004-08-07, 6:12 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
What do you mean, so what? This man faked his beheading at the hands of al-Qaeda after telling us we should leave Iraq on their behalf. Taken in context, I think this amounts to treason. The Constitution protects unpopular political views. It is somewhat less friendly to traitors.</font>

I'm not denying the fact that the man's actions were nothing short of outrageous, but he's going to face the consequences of those actions, legal or otherwise. The end.

My "So what?" comment is about the fact that political lunatics are running around everywhere these days. I doubt that there is anything they can still do to shock me. Idiots are part of life, but in the end, there isn't a damn thing I can do about that, in the same way that I can't completely stop the KKK marches here every year. Everything that had to be said about these individuals has been said. The rest is out of my hands, so I might as well revert my energy to somethign else, to something a little more worthwhile.
2004-08-07, 7:55 AM #11
What an ***hat

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-07, 9:55 AM #12
fsck......

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-07, 10:36 AM #13
Wait... he began distibuting it on the internet... and how exactly did the rumor of it coming from Al-queda (sp?) milliants get started? Clearly, it was traced well. *cough*

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-07, 10:55 AM #14
Haha, the CIA at its best!

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-08-07, 11:42 AM #15
Bad guy.

------------------
"Computer are useless, all they can give you are answers"/Pablo Piacasso
Nothing to see here, move along.
2004-08-07, 12:27 PM #16
He made the video and started distributing it on the internet. Which probably means he stuck it in his Kazaa share folder and watched the retards go crazy over it.

I don't see how this guy is a traitor. All of the otherwise intelligent people who have gone completely bat**** insane over Iraq and omg terrism are the traitors. What the hell good are you when you live in a democracy but you're acting too stupid to vote?
2004-08-07, 1:05 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
He made the video and started distributing it on the internet. Which probably means he stuck it in his Kazaa share folder and watched the retards go crazy over it.

I don't see how this guy is a traitor. All of the otherwise intelligent people who have gone completely bat**** insane over Iraq and omg terrism are the traitors. What the hell good are you when you live in a democracy but you're acting too stupid to vote?
</font>

Agreed.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-08-07, 3:24 PM #18
If I get this right, this guy made a fake video to "make a statement about how easily such videos can be faked", and was, rather ironically, confused for real footage.

And I don't understand the accusations of treason. Treason, according to the OED, is "violation by a subject of allegiance to the soverign or to the state, esp. by attempting to kill or overthrow the soverign or overthrow the government." Is he doing any overthrowing?

It's just more of our good friends paranoia and hype. Pass aound false information that's taken for writ and you've got yourself a major weakness.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-07, 5:40 PM #19
The only relevant definition of treason is the one in the Constitution.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.</font>

Open to interpretation like everything else, but I think what he did is covered.

art
2004-08-07, 5:45 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
The only relevant definition of treason is the one in the Constitution.

Open to interpretation like everything else, but I think what he did is covered.
</font>

The day the Constitution overrides the Dictionary is the day I plan on leaving the US.

Say, how are the business/tech colleges in Canada?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-07, 6:24 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
The day the Constitution overrides the Dictionary is the day I plan on leaving the US.</font>

Uhh, it's called context? A common dictionary doesn't mean much in the legal world.
2004-08-07, 6:36 PM #22
Ya. Like "equal rights" for a long time.

[Actually, maybe the Constitution says "equal rights" but people didn't support that legally. :/ ]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited August 07, 2004).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-07, 6:53 PM #23
In law, if you define a word to mean something, in the context of the law, that's what it means. So treason according to the constitution is what treason is in the consitution.
2004-08-07, 7:00 PM #24
I don't the guy is guilty of treason per se (I mean, he didn't go and fight alongside al queda like that other guy did a few years ago) He just did something in very poor taste.

All he did was lie to everyone, but lying is not officially a crime unless you are under oath. I doubt that even a fraud charge would stick, b/c all he did is deceive everyone, not scam them out of money or anything like that.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 07, 2004).]
2004-08-07, 7:31 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
The day the Constitution overrides the Dictionary is the day I plan on leaving the US.

Say, how are the business/tech colleges in Canada?

</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by the Founding Fathers:
This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.</font>

Kinda been that way for about 217 years, champ. Pack your bags!

art
2004-08-07, 7:34 PM #26
I would try and explain myself, but something tells me I'd be digging a deeper hole.

On another note, I don't think this really was meant to get out. The video, that is.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-08, 8:53 AM #27
The part i'm most confused about is how he figured this would help him get elected to whichever position it was..

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"That's why we had to beat you with tennis rackets".
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-08-08, 9:02 AM #28
By appealing to people's sense of stupidity.

------------------
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-08, 3:41 PM #29
Propaganda, spread either way, is treason.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-08, 4:13 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
Propaganda is treason.

</font>

That's more like it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited August 08, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-09, 2:53 AM #31
Don't you want to just MURDER people that pull out in front of you on the way home from work?

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-08-09, 3:01 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MentatMM:
Don't you want to just MURDER people that pull out in front of you on the way home from work?

</font>

Yes. Damned annoying, they are.

------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?
Stuff
2004-08-10, 10:24 AM #33
Message from the creator of the video here:
http://videohoax.ctyme.com/

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"That's why we had to beat you with tennis rackets".
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

↑ Up to the top!