Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I hate... MYSPACE! :P
I hate... MYSPACE! :P
2008-06-25, 2:32 AM #1
Hey all. Been i while since i posted here :P

I kinnda need help with my bands myspace. I uploaded a visitor map but i can't see it in opera. Coud you guys give it a quick clik and see if it's there(opera, i.e, ff)? I don't whant to keep a usles script becouse it looks ugly.:suicide:

link:
[url]www.myspace.com/primalpanic[/url]
2008-06-25, 6:03 AM #2
link:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6067
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-06-25, 7:03 AM #3
I HATE myspace specifically because people like you add useless crap to their profiles and can't code for crap!
2008-06-25, 9:15 AM #4
I hate myspace because its cool to hate myspace apparently...
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-06-25, 9:36 AM #5
I only use myspace to check up on RX Bandits tourdates. Thats really the only thing its convenient for
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-06-25, 1:32 PM #6
those visitor maps are remarkably stupid
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2008-06-25, 1:34 PM #7
People still use Myspace?
2008-06-25, 7:56 PM #8
Alright, first and foremost, you need to fix resolution scaling. Just because a lot of people run at 1280x1024 doesn't mean than every one does. that going to require a rework of the background, and belive me it's very necessary.

Next get rid of the top friend box. It's unnecessary and clutters the lay out, which could use some rethinking to begin with.

The colors scheme could also use some work. Right now it screams "geocities", and while that 1998 look might occasionally work well for sites like Massassi, it has to be really usable and exceptionally well implemented. I would look into reworking that. Try looking around for some templates to help with that.

I'd also say use some kind of width scaling to fix the "optimized for 800x600" look, but I don't know if you can do anything about that for My Space.
2008-06-25, 9:00 PM #9
Obi Kwiet, master graphic designer everyone!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-06-26, 5:35 AM #10
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Alright, first and foremost, you need to fix resolution scaling. Just because a lot of people run at 1280x1024 doesn't mean than every one does. that going to require a rework of the background, and belive me it's very necessary.

Next get rid of the top friend box. It's unnecessary and clutters the lay out, which could use some rethinking to begin with.

The colors scheme could also use some work. Right now it screams "geocities", and while that 1998 look might occasionally work well for sites like Massassi, it has to be really usable and exceptionally well implemented. I would look into reworking that. Try looking around for some templates to help with that.

I'd also say use some kind of width scaling to fix the "optimized for 800x600" look, but I don't know if you can do anything about that for My Space.

I don't need tips in making a profile. It looks fine for now. Thx annyway.

I decided to remove the map. :argh:
2008-06-26, 5:42 AM #11
It doesn't look fine.

It looks like crap. The point we were all trying to make; your profile is annoying, looks crappy, and is coded full of suck.
2008-06-26, 8:22 AM #12
i love myspace
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-26, 9:44 AM #13
Originally posted by mb:
Obi Kwiet, master graphic designer everyone!

Hey, I may not be an expert, but I at least know what not to do. That's why I recommended looking into templates.
2008-06-27, 8:17 AM #14
Originally posted by Rob:
It doesn't look fine.

It looks like crap. The point we were all trying to make; your profile is annoying, looks crappy, and is coded full of suck.

Dude get over it. It's just myspace. I just asked people on the forum to see if the visitor map works. Now go get a life or go 'n :suicide:

↑ Up to the top!