Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wanted
Wanted
2008-06-27, 5:24 PM #1
Entertaining action movie. I especially like the gun kata sequence at the end; it reminded me of Equilibrium's Hall of Mirrors. Somehow hearing Morgan Freeman say "************" is very amusing. He doesn't exactly scream it like Samuel L. Jackson, but he says it in this calm, commanding kind of way.
Another thing, for some reason I find Angelina Jolie more attractive in this movie. She looked alright before in other movies, but in this movie she seems a bit more attractive for some reason. Even though she has a smug expression for nearly 75% of her scenes.

By the way, are the cops connected to the Fraternity? The Fraternity causes so much ruckus that I'm surprised the cops don't really do anything to investigate them.
2008-06-27, 5:27 PM #2
I saw it last night. It was quite a ride from the start. I enjoyed it.
Pissed Off?
2008-06-27, 5:28 PM #3
a fraternity of assassinz
2008-06-27, 6:45 PM #4
It felt to me like Equilibrium / Fight Club / GTA. It fell a little below my expectations due to really bad pacing, but it was still fun at some points.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-06-27, 7:11 PM #5
Looks pretty cool, should be fun to watch if it hits the drive-in
2008-06-27, 7:13 PM #6
LOL I CAN CURVE BULLETS

RAAAAAAAGE
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-06-27, 9:03 PM #7
some douche bought the entire theatre when we went to go see it
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-27, 9:54 PM #8
That's quite the waste of money.
2008-06-28, 1:19 AM #9
It was a pretty decent action flick. I saw the 'twist' coming pretty early though... it was still good.
2008-06-28, 1:34 AM #10
Originally posted by landfish:
LOL I CAN CURVE BULLETS

RAAAAAAAGE

Yeah, that movie looks really stupid in the previews.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-06-28, 9:30 AM #11
Yea... I'm going to see it, but I'm totally expecting it to suck.
See.. I struggle with over the top rediculous movies that attempt to be in the 'real world' but do crazy stuff like that.

Superhero movie, fine. Matrix, fine. But if I hate movies that are 'realistic' but totally ridiculous. I hate it. It would be acceptable to have a lame story and be like "omg I got superpowers" but don't try to pass off being normal and then do crazy stuff. *grrr*
2008-06-28, 10:19 AM #12
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
It was a pretty decent action flick. I saw the 'twist' coming pretty early though... it was still good.

"You're the man." Yeah the plot twist wasn't really much of a twist.
2008-06-28, 12:45 PM #13
I liked it, but everyone i went with didn't.

But holy ****, he turned that dude into a meat shield in the end, and yeah wow...

Also, the people I went with complained about it being "unrealistic" and I told them they were retarded for going to a movie in which the trailer showed curving bullets and not expecting it to be a little out there... :carl:
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-06-29, 2:53 PM #14
In its own right, I thought it was a pretty good action movie. Aside from that, it just seemed far too close to Fight Club for comfort. Themes of:

• Boring job, freaking out his coworkers
  • Sleep problems, abuse of caffeine
  • Hallucination
  • Narrating voice-over VERY similar to Edward Norton's in Fight Club
  • Secret societies
  • Explosives made from household items
  • Mentions of Ikea
  • Gratuitous battery
I realize the plots between the two movies were different in very profound ways, one dealing largely with fate/destiny and the other with nihilism. But during my first viewing of Wanted it seemed too easy to draw parallels between the two.
2008-06-29, 3:16 PM #15
I thought some of the action was cool, but anything related to a plot pretty much sucked. hard.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2008-06-29, 5:57 PM #16
You mean things like:

[http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/darth-vader-gloves-3.jpg]

:huh:
2008-06-29, 11:10 PM #17
4 words:

"Boom goes the dynamite"

I just saw it; thought it was a pretty great ride. It was as over-the-top as Shoot 'Em Up as far as the action sequences went, and yet despite taking itself a lot more seriously it all seemed to work.

And yeah, very gunkata-esque there at the end. Cool.
Stuff

↑ Up to the top!