Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gee... that's really helpful...
Gee... that's really helpful...
2004-08-09, 6:35 PM #1
[http://host86.ipowerweb.com/~savagexn/images/misc/oni_wtf.gif]

...ok... like I'm supposed to know what the hell to do with that? That is the most vague and unhelpful crash report I have ever seen. Earlier today I decided to install Oni again after getting a new gamepad to see if I can use the gamepad's special profiler to give me joystick support for this game (Oni technically doesn't support joysticks). When I tried to run the game, it crashes after the movies play and shows that error message above. Sadly, Oni has absolutely no tech support AT ALL so I can't figure out what the hell is the reason for this crash. That is quite sad because I was looking forward to playing that game again. Sure, that game kind of sucks but it would have been interesting to play it with a gamepad this time around. Those assbastards.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378

[This message has been edited by SavageX378 (edited August 09, 2004).]
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-08-09, 6:39 PM #2
What the hell is 'Oni'? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-08-09, 6:47 PM #3
A game made by the same people who made Halo, DUUUHHHH!!!

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-08-09, 6:55 PM #4
Oni rocks, and you can get it anywhere for like $2.99

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-09, 7:33 PM #5
Oni can't be nearly as good as Marathon, which rocks many times more. I need to go back to aleph one and try to finish the first one again.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-09, 9:22 PM #6
The one thing I liked about oni was the devastating moves ... gotta love that running throw, so much more fun then blasting the baddies.
2004-08-10, 12:37 PM #7
That box would be far more helpful if it just said '0wn3d!' - At least you'd know better where you stand. Whoever wrote that was having a joke, clearly.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-10, 12:44 PM #8
The best thing about oni was that wee gun thing that knocked the enemies back, i think it fired a wierd streamer thing, but using it to throw ppl of the roof of a bulding was great

------------------
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls
nope.
2004-08-10, 1:17 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Oni can't be nearly as good as Marathon, which rocks many times more. I need to go back to aleph one and try to finish the first one again.

</font>

Marathon is also better than Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Far Cry, and basically any other game you can think of.

Seriously, why even post if that's all you've got to say?

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-10, 1:21 PM #10
Best gun in Oni was that mercury shooting one (been a while since I last played).

I used to get that error every time I tried to play when I had the demo, and I never did work out how to fix it. Then I borrowed the full game off a friend and it worked fine.

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"Sam and Max Hit the Road-sign. The one saying 'Stop'."

↑ Up to the top!