Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Podcasts and IP TV
Podcasts and IP TV
2008-07-01, 9:36 PM #1
So anyone else here listen to podcasts/watch IP TV regularly? I've been catching up on my This Week in Tech backlog, started listening to Net at Night, Windows Weekly, and Security Now, along with This Week in Media.

Personally I can't find enough time in the day to listen to it all, but it's goddamned engaging, awesome casting anyway.

As far as IP TV goes I've only dabbled into Revision3's stuff (Tekzilla and popSiren), which is of course headed by Kevin Rose, Sarah Lane, and Patrick Norton of The Screensavers (semi) fame.

Just curious about the rest of you out there.
D E A T H
2008-07-01, 9:52 PM #2
I listen to Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me, Gaygamer, Pottercast, Mugglecast, Democracy Now, Real Time with Bill Maher (on hiatus), Truth Seekers, and a couple NPR ones...

and that's me in a nutshell. Kinda funny, queer, and liberal.
2008-07-01, 9:55 PM #3
My roomate just introduced me to the Preston and Steve podcast. Its a radiostation in Philly. ****ing hilarous.

http://www.prestonandsteve.com/
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-07-01, 10:31 PM #4
I TRY to listen to twit stuff, but I need the visual stimulation. I watch everything on Revision3 except ifanboy, because I just can't get into comics. Otherwise I watch Webbalert.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-07-02, 4:41 AM #5
I listen to Russell Howard and radio 4 Friday night comedy. BBC ftw
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2008-07-02, 7:52 AM #6
Well mainly I listen at work, where I'm physically engaged but mentally just bored as hell.

It passes the time.

I've been thinking about looking around for some BBC or NPR podcasts.

Also, Jason Calacanis is a ****ing genius economically. If you're interested in entrepreneur ideas and how to fund them, I'd suggest listening to anything with him in it (various twit episodes, he also has his own podcast).
D E A T H
2008-07-02, 8:37 AM #7
I only really listen to Limit Break Radio.

But that's because I'm a loser.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-07-02, 9:28 AM #8
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Well mainly I listen at work, where I'm physically engaged but mentally just bored as hell.

It passes the time.

I've been thinking about looking around for some BBC or NPR podcasts.

Also, Jason Calacanis is a ****ing genius economically. If you're interested in entrepreneur ideas and how to fund them, I'd suggest listening to anything with him in it (various twit episodes, he also has his own podcast).

WAIT WAIT DON'T TELL ME

Oh, and I have the same work situation. I only need half a brain for my work, and I can use the other half for music, podcasts, and audiobooks. Just podcasts by themselves would be kind of dull if I didn't have anything else to do.
2008-07-03, 1:58 PM #9
this week in tech
net at nite
windows weekly
security now
this week in law (not so weekly)
futures in biotech (once every couple of months)
FLOSS (once every quarter or so)

this week in media
this week in photography

cranky geeks

life zero

and sometimes ideas from the cbc.

and one book a month from audible.

i haven't missed an episode of any of these ever (sometimes i have to go back and listen).
2008-07-03, 2:19 PM #10
Buzz Out Loud
This Week in Tech
Macbreak Weekly
CrankyGeeks
Extralife Radio
SModcast
Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me
Washington Week in Review
Meet the Press

Ask a Ninja
TikiBar TV
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!