Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → JK MP Levels that are large, fun to explore, and contain many fun cogs
JK MP Levels that are large, fun to explore, and contain many fun cogs
2008-07-04, 10:25 AM #1
I'll open with:

Cardia SE
Empire Night Club

These are my two favorites. Anybody else?
2008-07-04, 11:48 AM #2
Jawa Dwelling SE

Drazen Isle

Hoth Wars / HW2:SubZero
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2008-07-04, 11:51 AM #3
The only fun MP levels I really played were in some fancy MP map pack for MotS... don't remember its name, but one of the levels had Vornskrs in it.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-07-04, 12:11 PM #4
All the ones I wanted to pick are taken.

But no one mentioned Jedi high School?

Edit: What's the name of the song that was pirated for Empire NightClub? I liked that song but I can never remember it.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-07-04, 12:34 PM #5
Yoda's House
:master::master::master:
2008-07-04, 12:41 PM #6
................Purgatory was definitely large and it had many cogs........
2008-07-04, 12:47 PM #7
Originally posted by Veger:
Edit: What's the name of the song that was pirated for Empire NightClub? I liked that song but I can never remember it.

I think it was some Prodigy song that was a hit in 1997. I have no idea what it's name is but it was parodied by Weird Al on (gasp) The Weird Al Show in a very short segment. Good times.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-07-04, 1:29 PM #8
Most of the levels in MLP1.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-07-04, 1:43 PM #9
All the MLPs were great, but I think 2 and 4 were the best. 1 and 3 had some really fine gems, though.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-07-04, 1:48 PM #10
Caesars palace -shoots self- Hated that level.

+1 on purgatory.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-07-04, 1:56 PM #11
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
I think it was some Prodigy song that was a hit in 1997. I have no idea what it's name is but it was parodied by Weird Al on (gasp) The Weird Al Show in a very short segment. Good times.

It was probably Firestarter since thats the most parodiable.

:neckbeard:
nope.
2008-07-04, 2:08 PM #12
That or Breathe
2008-07-04, 7:31 PM #13
Drazen Isle was great. Sometimes I'd load it up and wander around by myself if I got bored.

Also.. RoX. Cough!
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2008-07-04, 7:35 PM #14
Originally posted by Martyn:
That or Breathe

It was indeed Breathe
2008-07-04, 7:44 PM #15
Beggar's Canyon
Drazen Isle
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-07-04, 8:22 PM #16
Originally posted by Jon`C:
................Purgatory was definitely large and it had many cogs........

You have to admit, though, it was appropriately named.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-07-04, 9:09 PM #17
? :)
2008-07-04, 9:54 PM #18
Looking at those level's pages makes me depressed. I am wishing for a JK revival that I know will never come.
-Martyn
2008-07-04, 10:40 PM #19
I just remembered another great one:

Theft on Nar Shaddaa
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2008-07-04, 10:52 PM #20
Time Travel Nar Shadda is where it was at.
Think while it's still legal.
2008-07-05, 7:10 AM #21
Don't forget Baron's Head RPG.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-07-05, 7:37 AM #22
[LEFT]For those of you that have never played Imperial Skyscraper, there are a few secret areas up on the roofs. One of which is this really cool temple. There are a ton of cool places that you can get to w/ a grapple hook mod as well.

Hangar 217 is a blast as well. It's not quite as large as the above level but there's a few good traps (you can trap people in the hangar & shoot their asses out in to space or when people dive off of one catwalks in to 2 separate areas, the pools below are explosive). I've had more exciting vent fights in this map than any other.

In my opinion, these are 2 of the most overlooked classic JK maps of all time.

Oh, & if you're in to exploring roofs, I would highly suggest running around in some of the CTF maps as well (Fusion especially, it's in the Team Fusion CTF pack). There's a hidden room w/ a fantastic view about 500 feet above the pipe slide that seperates both bases. You can get there by team mine-jumping (have a teammate drop down 30 mines under your feet & back away from you to send you soaring up there...you won't die as long as you don't bump in to something on the way up due to being on the same team).

Quote:
Looking at those level's pages makes me depressed. I am wishing for a JK revival that I know will never come.

I've seen so many JK revivals since I started playing JK back in 98 that I don't think it would be all that difficult as long as you were able to find a few dedicated players. There are still a few people out there that would love to play JK for a few hours each week but have been left behind by people that play more modern games.
[/LEFT]
2008-07-05, 7:39 AM #23
Originally posted by Gilgamesh85:
It was indeed Breathe

No it wasn't.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2008-07-05, 7:48 AM #24
Originally posted by Krokodile:

He meant the song in Empire Night Club is Breathe.
DO NOT WANT.
2008-07-05, 7:50 AM #25
Originally posted by Bobbert:
Don't forget Baron's Head RPG.

The name of the location is Barons Hed. You are playing in Barons Hed, not in the Head of a guy named Baron.

That always annoyed me. :rant:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-07-05, 7:58 AM #26
Originally posted by Zell:
He meant the song in Empire Night Club is Breathe.

Oh, right...now I feel dumb.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2008-07-05, 8:51 AM #27
Quote:
I've seen so many JK revivals since I started playing JK back in 98 that I don't think it would be all that difficult as long as you were able to find a few dedicated players. There are still a few people out there that would love to play JK for a few hours each week but have been left behind by people that play more modern games.

Would you be interested? I'll host haha
-Martyn
2008-07-05, 9:11 AM #28
Yep. I'll re-install JK tonight. It would be convenient for me to play on Sunday or Monday evenings.
2008-07-05, 2:39 PM #29
Sounds good to me. PM me later. Maybe we can get more people to join. Anyone else interested?
-Martyn
2008-07-08, 3:20 PM #30
Originally posted by Mentat:

[/LEFT]

The one way I see this happening if Steam decided to distribute it and include a social service for people to find each other and servers. But that's assuming this version would be easy to play on XP and Vista without any problems before a hailstorm of complaints arise because they can't get the damn game to render properly. I doubt this will happen as LucasArts didn't even care to include it in the "Best of the PC" pack months ago.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-07-08, 3:46 PM #31
Originally posted by Onimusha.:
Sounds good to me. PM me later. Maybe we can get more people to join. Anyone else interested?

I'll play, but because of my router I can't host. Maybe I can get that fixed though. I'll play any mod, level, whatever. I'm willing to play any time I'm online.

I can also be contacted through Windows Live Messenger when I'm online. And Xfire (anakin9012).

As for my favorite JK levels, I don't know if they fit in the category specified, but some of my favorites are Caesars, SMHQ, Dralloc, JHS, Purgatory, Phoenix Suburban City, Liquidville, Manticeville and Theft on Nar Shaadaa.
2008-07-08, 5:12 PM #32
Use Hamachi for hosting.

↑ Up to the top!