Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Britassians, lend me your ears!
Britassians, lend me your ears!
2008-07-05, 6:26 PM #1
I'm going to be studying in Sheffield this upcoming academic year and was wondering what cell service you use? Currently I'm debating between O2 and Orange.

I do like the movie ticket Wednesdays (:P) with Orange, but I'm kind of liking the customisation of O2's SIM card pay as you go plans.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-07-05, 6:35 PM #2
It's wednesday, not tuesdays. :P

Personally I use O2, I reckon they'd be handy for Pay-as-you-go for bolt-ons, but I've never bothered looking into those because I never use my phone much. Also they tend to have the best covereage, I've heard one or two bad things about Orange.
nope.
2008-07-05, 6:59 PM #3
well I've been with Orange for years and it's great for Orange Wednesday's.

I've never had a problem with courage and to be honest being in Sheffield and the surrounding area you should be fine with any of them.

I've always been on a contract so can't comment on the pay as you go side of things.

Basically for me Orange and O2 are pretty much equal, I've only stayed with Orange because they gave me a stupid deal (pretended I was going to leave :P) and because of free movies. I might be moving to O2 because of the iPhone however...
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-07-06, 3:30 AM #4
i havent paid my 3G in 4 months

They're gonna break my thumbs
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-07-06, 4:56 AM #5
I find very little to choose between O2 and Orange (on contract): I've been with them both in the last 3 years and have had no grief from either company. That said I'm defecting from Orange back to O2 at Christmas to get an iPhone when my contract runs out :D
2008-07-06, 4:57 AM #6
My phone is orange.
2008-07-06, 6:09 AM #7
I find O2 have the best coverage, but I doubt there's that much to choose between them. If you're desperate for the Orange Wednesdays, find a friend on the Orange network and go with them :P
2008-07-06, 2:41 PM #8
Thanks all. And now I know who the Britassians are, so I'll try and meet with you. :P
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-07-06, 3:09 PM #9
I'm with Orange. Had no signal whatsoever while I was in Halls, though, but hey, it was a practically free phone anyway.

Also: Sheffield's a nice city.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-07-06, 3:15 PM #10
Does Sheffield count as t' north or south?
nope.
2008-07-06, 3:16 PM #11
It's north of London, so North.

:tinfoil:
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-07-06, 3:53 PM #12
*chimes in* I'm on Orange too, on PAYG. Works fine for me, I don't really use it all that much to warrant a contract. However if you do spend more than £10 per month you start getting free texts or something and the Orange Wednesdays are great.

And if you're studying in Sheffield try taking up rock-climbing (if that's your sort of thing). Sheffield is pretty much the place for it in the UK, the local crags are all millstone grit - "God's own rock" and we do trad climbing a lot more than most other countries.
2008-07-06, 10:12 PM #13
Despite being in South Yorkshire (North Yorkshire is God's own county) it is definitely up North :D
2008-07-07, 4:11 AM #14
I'm pretty sure you get unlimited free texts (or a sufficient amount to be virtually unlimited) with O2 PAYG if you top up £10 or so a month.

I recently switched from three (cheap but awful coverage) to O2 on the basis that I get free O2 to O2 calls on my contract. As most of my friends are on O2 I pretty much use none of my minutes now. it's cool.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!

↑ Up to the top!