Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wimbledon
Wimbledon
2008-07-06, 2:17 PM #1
:eek: greatest match ever?

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SPORT/07/06/wimbledon.final/index.html
Attachment: 19674/nadal-reuters.jpg (19,305 bytes)
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2008-07-06, 2:27 PM #2
To be fair, I thought the Gasquet vs Murray match was more entertaining.
nope.
2008-07-07, 3:23 AM #3
Originally posted by Baconfish:
To be fair, I thought the Gasquet vs Murray match was more entertaining.

indeed.

Murrey may not have won, but im proud of him.
He's got a bit more skill and .. hmmm... spunk... than ol Tim Henman.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-07-07, 4:06 AM #4
well it helps when you're really behind one of the players!

I've never been that in to tennis, but thanks to a couple of friends getting incredibly excited about it, I did watch most of this wimbledon. The men's final was fantastic. the two of them are just in a league of their own
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2008-07-07, 4:30 AM #5
Originally posted by Ruthven:
indeed.

Murrey may not have won, but im proud of him.
He's got a bit more skill and .. hmmm... spunk... than ol Tim Henman.

...He did win.

He lost against Nadal in the match after that.
nope.
2008-07-07, 4:41 AM #6
Originally posted by Baconfish:
...He did win.

He lost against Nadal in the match after that.

So he didn't win the competition. Which is good, because I don't like him or the way he's portrayed in the media. At least Wimbledon's over now and something decent can be put on TV.
2008-07-07, 5:06 AM #7
Like the Olympics?

:v:
nope.
2008-07-07, 6:07 AM #8
Originally posted by LividDK27:
At least Wimbledon's over now and something decent can be put on TV.
Premiere League, Champions League and NBA are all over... I'll take Wimbledon any day. TV is worthless without sports.
2008-07-07, 1:44 PM #9
I dunno whether it was a final or whatever, but I liked that match where the guy wrecked like 3 rackets in frustration. :)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-07-07, 2:06 PM #10
Is this Tennis?
2008-07-07, 3:13 PM #11
I thought the Williams match was pretty crazy. I mean, playing your sister for the Wimbeldon title, it must have been pretty weird.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-07-07, 3:16 PM #12
That's the 3rd time they've played each other in the Wimbledon final.

:P
nope.
2008-07-07, 3:19 PM #13
Originally posted by Fardreamer:
Premiere League, Champions League and NBA are all over... I'll take Wimbledon any day. TV is worthless without sports.

Sunday had Wimbledon mens final, British Grand Prix, 2nd stage of the Tour de France, and day 1c of the Main Event and the World Series of Poker.

Thankfully I have a fast net connection and picture-in-picture on the TV, t'was a grand day for sport :D
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2008-07-07, 6:41 PM #14
I thought Federer was going for a moment after he came back with two straight sets. However near the end, he started making a lot more errors and the momentum seemed to favor Nadal.

While we're talking about tennis, I recommend Top Spin 3 for the 360/PS3 if you want a deep sim like tennis game. There's a bit of a learning curve, but it's very rewarding once you get the hang of the game. Think of it as the Ninja Gaiden of tennis games.
2008-07-07, 9:26 PM #15
I don't have a console but I'm addicted to Virtua Tennis 3 for PC. It's got good controls and great animations. There's something very relaxing in swinging at a virtual ball :P
2008-07-08, 4:28 PM #16
Originally posted by Fardreamer:
I don't have a console but I'm addicted to Virtua Tennis 3 for PC. It's got good controls and great animations. There's something very relaxing in swinging at a virtual ball :P

It is. I guess in a way, tennis video games are like an evolved form of pong.
2008-07-10, 12:26 PM #17
*this thread is worthless without wombles*
2008-07-10, 8:23 PM #18
I thought this thread was going to be about the movie with my girlfriend
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-07-10, 9:27 PM #19
Originally posted by maevie:
well it helps when you're really behind one of the players!

I too would like to be behind one of the players [http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Backcourt/General/2007_02_23_Kournikova_article.jpg]
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2008-07-11, 3:05 AM #20
Agreed.

[http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Editorial/40_Greatest_Players/2006_04_19_billie_jean_king.jpg]
nope.
2008-07-11, 6:08 AM #21
Originally posted by fishstickz:
I thought the Williams match was pretty crazy. I mean, playing your sister for the Wimbeldon title, it must have been pretty weird.

As Baconfish pointed out, they're pretty used to it by now. But what I find stranger is that on the same day they played together in the Double's Final. Training with someone, knowing exactly how they play (not to mention knowing them psychologically having grown up together) and then having to play against them.... weird
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!

↑ Up to the top!