Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Beast with a Billion Backs
The Beast with a Billion Backs
2008-07-07, 3:03 PM #1
The second Futurama DVD movie, while not as good as the first movie (nor as good as the normal seasons), was still quite amusing.

Billion Backs refers the the old euphemism for sex, beast with two backs.

My three favorite parts:
Time Square Applebees
Bender's first born
ROBOT PIRATES IN SPACE!

Overall, I give The Beast with a Billion Backs a B-. Bender's Big Score got a B+. Has anyone else seen it? It's been out for nearly two weeks.
2008-07-07, 3:15 PM #2
It was pretty good, still not up to the par of the show though.

:(
nope.
2008-07-07, 4:59 PM #3
It had a number of really funny parts (perhaps some of the funniest I've seen in Futurama), but I still like Bender's Big Score better overall because of the story. I'd say that Beast with a Billion Backs is on par with some of the less-good older episodes.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-07-07, 9:24 PM #4
I thought it was terrible - felt like a 30min episode stretched waaaaaay too long. Bender's Big Score was awesome though, all the nods to previous episodes were great - and it was few time travel stories that actually worked in the end.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-07-08, 9:41 AM #5
I'm a huuuuuuge futurama fanboy, so naturally I loved it. I don't think it had as much punch as the first movie but it did have some good parts.

Stupid diamondillium....

Anyway, I think the next two movies are a whole other story (adventure) but I am not sure. In any case, I'm ready for 'em.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-07-08, 9:48 AM #6
I really liked it. I haven't seen Big Score, but I thought it was easily as good as the show...way better than some of the dud episodes.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-07-08, 10:01 AM #7
The rapport between farnsworth and wormstrom was hilarious. I loved when bender sh*t bricks, and David Cross was very funny.

Overall, it was a good movie, but not as good as Big Score.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-07-08, 11:37 AM #8
I loved it. that is all.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2008-07-08, 3:04 PM #9
Originally posted by fishstickz:
The rapport between farnsworth and wormstrom was hilarious. I loved when bender sh*t bricks, and David Cross was very funny.

Overall, it was a good movie, but not as good as Big Score.

The sh*tting bricks joke has been done before in Futurama, and as much as I enjoy it, i hated to see the blantant overusage of it in this movie, almost as if they used the exact same frames from the episode to animate it.

Also, whoever didn't see the big score, you should... its literally the first half of the story you watched, if you didnt know.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"

↑ Up to the top!