Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A night of JK
A night of JK
2008-07-08, 1:07 PM #1
Who's in for it? Lets get a list of everyone who wants to play, then we'll organize the best night to do it, mods, levels etc.

And yes I know theres rooms for this type of post, but I know no one checks them so I'm posting it here.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-07-08, 3:05 PM #2
Yeah few people check the GR forum. A friend and I have been trying to setup a JK lan party for months but cant figure out why JK+XP+Router=No Go. Something about it won't let us join.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-07-08, 3:06 PM #3
I'm in.
? :)
2008-07-08, 3:53 PM #4
Bah. I saw this after I posted in the JK levels thread.

But yeah, I'm in. This is my post from that one.

Quote:
I'll play, but because of my router I can't host. Maybe I can get that fixed though. I'll play any mod, level, whatever. I'm willing to play any time I'm online.

I can also be contacted through Windows Live Messenger when I'm online. And Xfire (anakin9012).

As for my favorite JK levels, I don't know if they fit in the category specified, but some of my favorites are Caesars, SMHQ, Dralloc, JHS, Purgatory, Phoenix Suburban City, and Theft on Nar Shaadaa.

And Hamachi would probably enable us to play despite router problems.
2008-07-08, 4:50 PM #5
I'd always play. You're probably best off using Hamachi from the start, it will make the process foolproof.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-07-08, 4:50 PM #6
Eh. Sure, why not.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-07-08, 5:12 PM #7
Another two levels I forgot to mention that I liked...Manticeville and Liquidville.

As I said though, I'll play anything if it's JK.

What levels would you all want to play?
2008-07-08, 5:43 PM #8
Higher Ground

I'm in.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2008-07-08, 6:42 PM #9
As far as levels and whatnot, I think its best to divide them by gametype and mod.

For example, massassi pack 3 is great for SS3, but Galactic Locations is awesome for SBX. I personally prefer the nice atmosphere levels by authors like otheeza, spiral, madavantor (rip), etc. But like everyone else, I'm down for anything, even CO haha. Hell as long as I can relive lagtastic fragging and slicing, I will be more then happy.

As far as hosting I can host if you would all like. I am the server for my home network and I've got a great connection so there shouldn't be too much trouble. Considering how fast everything is nowadays I don't even think we'll run into that much lag save for the game engines lag itself.
-Martyn
2008-07-08, 11:12 PM #10
I like Caesars, SMHQ, and Purgatory for SBX.

I also like KWP and EWP for JHS.

Another thing I forgot is GoldenEye @ GoldenEye Bunker.

I also enjoy Rolling Revolution and Free Fallin' (mods) for doing things besides fighting.

Did anyone ever have an RPG in JK? Those were usually quite fun.

As of right now I'm just throwing random ideas out there if anyone is interested.
2008-07-08, 11:37 PM #11
I'm so in. BGJ or CO?

FF NO HAX
Capitalization
Commas
Periods
Question Marks
Apostrophes
Confusable Words
Plague Words
2008-07-09, 12:52 AM #12
What's JK
2008-07-09, 4:24 AM #13
"As for my favorite JK levels, I don't know if they fit in the category specified, but some of my favorites are Caesars, SMHQ, Dralloc, JHS, Purgatory, Phoenix Suburban City, and Theft on Nar Shaadaa."

Most of those levels were trash!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-07-09, 4:49 AM #14
3000 Block!
2008-07-09, 7:08 AM #15
How about a good night to do it? when is everyone free?
-Martyn
2008-07-09, 10:08 AM #16
What is this "Hamachi" you speak of? *goes to google*

I'm an old fashioned fan of Spork and JHS. Grappling up to the roof for a quick escape is always the best.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-07-09, 12:55 PM #17
If we play TDiR, I'm in. :D
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-07-09, 2:39 PM #18
It'd be fun to take a walk down memory lane. My life is too hectic to commit to a specific night though. If I happen to be home when it's going on I'd definitely join in.
2008-07-09, 3:35 PM #19
Don't pussy out, Ag. SoM needs more representation.
2008-07-09, 3:39 PM #20
I'm in, depending on which night.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-07-09, 6:22 PM #21
I was never much in to mods but I love the original levels as well as many addon levels. However, I'll play anything. Playing with JK Enhanced makes things much more enjoyable. :)
? :)
2008-07-09, 7:25 PM #22
I might be in for a game. :)
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2008-07-09, 7:36 PM #23
Originally posted by Mentat:
I was never much in to mods but I love the original levels as well as many addon levels. However, I'll play anything. Playing with JK Enhanced makes things much more enjoyable. :)

I thought I saw something about JKE having co-op. Is this true? If it is I'd play that too.
2008-07-09, 7:52 PM #24
Theres a co-op mod that works with JKE. Might add some fun to the equation.

Quote:
If we play TDiR, I'm in.

I liked TDiR up until about the point where flying around got boring and the kamehameha got stuck to my hands and I was an effing disco ball through the entire rest of the round.
-Martyn
2008-07-09, 8:39 PM #25
How about just keep it simple and just do vanilla JK. Or a few custom maps. Juggling around with different mods just messes things up.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-07-09, 8:46 PM #26
Yeah, I'd say no mods.

I'm in for sure. :D
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-07-09, 8:52 PM #27
I should dig up Space Noxx II so we can play that. It's really pretty awesome.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-07-09, 10:41 PM #28
Anakin9012 and I are in the IGZone JK lobby at the moment... few people there.... could have the games there, so that they can be easily accessed and viewed.... and seperated by mod/level or whatever...
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2008-07-09, 10:49 PM #29
Quote:
Anakin9012 and I are in the IGZone JK lobby at the moment... few people there.... could have the games there, so that they can be easily accessed and viewed.... and seperated by mod/level or whatever...

Just like the good ol' Zone.

Quote:
I should dig up Space Noxx II so we can play that. It's really pretty awesome.

In JK I found is slightly akward, but in UT that level is full of so much win.

What if we just used good ol massassi map packs?
-Martyn
2008-07-09, 10:53 PM #30
Originally posted by Onimusha.:
Just like the good ol' Zone.

indeed <_<
2008-07-09, 10:54 PM #31
I'm up for playing, provided my JK disk hasn't disintegrated or anything. I haven't played a game in years.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-07-09, 11:36 PM #32
I'm up for it.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2008-07-10, 12:23 AM #33
I am always make images if anyone has lost their CD.

and yes it would be legal considering we all would not be here if we didn't own JK at some point in our lives.
-Martyn
2008-07-10, 3:35 AM #34
Actually, you know what? I'll bite.

If I still have my CDs. And it wants to work. The last time I played was when we were all Rollin'.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-07-10, 8:50 AM #35
Originally posted by Roger Spruce:
Don't pussy out, Ag. SoM needs more representation.

Like I said, I'll try. Do you still talk to any of the other guys that lived near you? A reunion would be awesome.
2008-07-10, 8:51 AM #36
I might be in if it's this coming weekend..
woot!
2008-07-11, 6:39 AM #37
I'll host a game or two this weekend. What time frame is best for people. Evenings, EST, work best for me.
2008-07-11, 7:54 AM #38
I'll host a game or two this weekend. What time frame is best for people. Evenings, EST, work best for me.

same
woot!
2008-07-11, 10:10 AM #39
I play (and edit) JK often. I am also almost always online via various IM programs. Look at my profile here or on jkhub.net for my IM addresses. I use MSNM, AIM, and XMPP (Google Talk uses this protocol).

It is usually easier to arrange games when everyone is in the same IM/chat room. I recommend these two "permanent" chat rooms: #jkhub on irc.synirc.net (for smaller group or more organized chatting) or #jk on irc.gamesurge.net (bigger group but more insane). You just need an IRC client or a web page that has one.

:)
2008-07-11, 3:20 PM #40

Same. It'll be interesting to play against Zuljin!

Also, Red Sox?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.

↑ Up to the top!