Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Is it possible to get drivers for an ATI Mobility Radeon
Is it possible to get drivers for an ATI Mobility Radeon
2008-07-11, 9:58 AM #1
The oldest drivers ATI has are for the 9600. Will these work?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-07-11, 10:10 AM #2
http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php

Prior to the PCI Express laptop chips (X----) ATI let the laptop vendor handle drivers. You'd need to download drivers from them if the driver modder doesn't work.
2008-07-11, 11:09 AM #3
Do a google on it, there are many many many many websites who have drivers for such things up, mirrors, as well as independantly coded drivers that often work better than oem.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-07-12, 7:05 PM #4
Thanks. I have another unrelated question: I'm trying to install JA on my laptop, but it randomly crashes out of the install with a component transfer error (it says data error - cyclic redundancy check). This happens at different install percentages, and the game installs fine on other computers. I've managed to install other software from CD fine. I have noticed that my CDs are pretty hot when I take them out of the drive.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-07-12, 7:31 PM #5
CRC errors means it's having trouble reading the CD, for whatever reason, be it a failing lens/dirty lens, scratched disk, or what have you. Laptop drives are more sensitive to scratches for the most part, also. If it reads on another PC, just rip it to ISO and burn a new copy of it for your laptop, or just install the game from the ISO itself.

↑ Up to the top!