Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help happydud advertise!
Help happydud advertise!
2008-07-15, 11:39 AM #1
So I'm planning a national Parkour "event" that's going to be announced in a few days, and we're looking at ways of advertising. Any costs are going to come out of our pocket, so we're turning a lot to the internet. The event is basically going to be a multi-city (happening the same day in about 8 cities) newbie teaching workshop kind of thing.

We're looking at different ways to advertise online, and so far pretty much came up with Facebook, Myspace, and Craigslist. Do you guys have any other social networking/local community sites that you use? I'm just trying to get the word out as much as possible.

Thanks.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-07-15, 11:48 AM #2
Try 4chan. ;)
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2008-07-15, 11:50 AM #3
I'll toss up a one page site for you.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-07-15, 11:57 AM #4
You should create a bot that posts on forums about your event.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-07-15, 12:06 PM #5
wolfy's thinking with his head!
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-07-15, 2:59 PM #6
He already did, the bot is named "happydud"
2008-07-15, 4:39 PM #7
go on parkour blogs and forums or outdoor, sports, etc forums
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-07-15, 4:44 PM #8
Alternately, hire sugarless as a booth babe. And then get a booth.

No?
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-07-15, 4:51 PM #9
While adorable, Sugarless might do something theater-freakish, and scare off the quiet parkour boys.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-07-15, 6:21 PM #10
Good point, Kirby. I think happydud could be his own booth babe anyway -- just stick him in a dress and watch them flock. :P
2008-07-15, 8:21 PM #11
I should probably take offense to the term theater-freakish. But since it's not altogether untrue...

I'd make a lousy booth babe not because of theater-ness, but because I'd probably trip and knock the who booth down and break everything. And then people will go "I thought you needed to be coordinated to do this" and I'll go, "oh no I'm too lazy to do all this stuff" and people will go "then why are you the booth babe?" and the whole ordeal will be very bad PR
2008-07-15, 8:28 PM #12
But I thought there was no such thing as bad PR. Also, I think booth babes tend to just stand around and not dance on poles or something, but I could be wrong.
2008-07-15, 8:49 PM #13
Oh no, I'm dangerous even when standing still. I'll shift wrong or try to lean on the wrong thing :P
2008-07-15, 9:39 PM #14
Tell everyone you are having a scientology convention so anonymous fools will come and protest.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-07-16, 3:27 PM #15
Originally posted by Spook:
Tell everyone you are having a scientology convention so anonymous fools will come and protest.

this is the best idea so far
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-07-17, 8:20 AM #16
Contact the local newspaper in each of the areas taking part. Send in a press release detailing exactly what it is you're doing, when you're doing it, etc. Include a photo if you can. The more interesting it looks, the more likely the paper is to run it as a press release. These releases are free, but the publication ultimately decides which to run and which to ignore.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE

↑ Up to the top!