Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Prisoner/body swap between Israel and Hezbollah
Prisoner/body swap between Israel and Hezbollah
2008-07-16, 5:49 AM #1
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/07/16/israel.swap/index.html

2 bodies of kidnapped Israeli soldiers exchanged today for 199 dead Hezbollah guerrillas, 4 POWs and a murderer who killed a father and his 4 year old daughter. A day of mourning in Israel while Hezbollah throw a "welcome home"/ "haha Israel are losers" party.

Discuss.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2008-07-16, 6:25 AM #2
Seems like a fair trade.
2008-07-16, 10:44 AM #3
At least they're trying.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-07-16, 11:39 AM #4
I didn't know 2 dead bodies can be worth so much.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-07-16, 12:28 PM #5
I wonder if the terrorists realize how good these sorts of things make Isreal look to everyone else?
2008-07-16, 12:29 PM #6
Hezbollah shrouded the fact that they probably died during the ambush 2 years ago in order to increase pressure by the public on the Israeli government to do more to "bring home our sons". Regev and Goldwasser's faces have been on posters everywhere the last couple of years with that slogan.

It was a dirty fight all around and the dirtier side won. The game was psychological warfare and Hassan Nasralla succeeded in manipulating the media and public opinion to his political gain, proving that fundamentalist Hezbollah are the ones really calling the shots in Lebanon.

The part I find really hard to stomach is the way the Lebanese dead bodies were paraded around Beirut and a petty murderer (broke into an apartment and smashed a 4 year old girl's head with a rifle butt after shooting her father) was given an official hero's welcome by the Lebanese Prime Minister.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2008-07-16, 3:07 PM #7
bah who cares

House is on!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}

↑ Up to the top!