Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anyone know what happened with the DF2 for JA mod?
Anyone know what happened with the DF2 for JA mod?
2008-07-17, 6:46 AM #1
Looks pretty good: http://shamusworld.gotdns.org/df2mod/screenshots.html

Last update is relatively recent (April last year). I remember they had some good re-drawn textures but the page is broken now.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2008-07-17, 7:15 AM #2
that looks pretty awesome
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-07-17, 8:09 AM #3
They use to have the recreated textures on this site, but, I think, they took them down because people were using them without permission in mods. *cough*

If you are going to recreate the game in this day and age, use a newer engine. I gave thoughts of recreating JK with better technology, something like Source or Unreal 3. But Source-editing is headache inducing with updates systematically breaking tools not to mention Source is definitely showing its age and limitations. On the other hand, Source (new and old versions) is resource friendly and any moderately capable machine can run it. Unreal 3 seems to want to be mod-friendly, but due to nature of the game it came with, it might be hard to develop a SP-focused mod. Plus, my graphic chip does a big F U when trying to run Unreal 3.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-07-17, 10:36 AM #4
Looks cool.

Even put on the same halfassed crapped webpages people posted their original JK stuff on hahaha.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-07-17, 4:07 PM #5
Mine was never halfassed.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2008-07-17, 4:43 PM #6
Originally posted by Fardreamer:

Dude. They even cached your downloads. You can still get AOTS from there. LMAO
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2008-07-17, 6:05 PM #7
Originally posted by Fardreamer:

Holy noodles, did Web Archive cached a bit of outpostd34 right there?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-07-17, 8:12 PM #8
^ get it to work in opera and I might like it more =P
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn

↑ Up to the top!