Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How is Arnold's performance as a governor?
How is Arnold's performance as a governor?
2004-08-09, 3:20 PM #1
I haven't really been following him since he was elected governor of California. A week ago I see him on Jay Leno where he stated something about how there's too much focus on campaigning and not enough on domestic problems.
2004-08-09, 3:23 PM #2
I heard since he got in only good has been happening. He's a really great govenor I hear.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-09, 3:31 PM #3
I'm wondering about that too.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-09, 3:48 PM #4
From a Californian here.

He is most definitely FAR better than Gray Davis could ever be. He got stuff done and he stopped stuff that shouldn't have gone through. Yes, we still do not have a budget. I'm not surprised though. The uberliberal legislature STILL wants to spend their poriforous hearts out. It seems they still do not get the picture that CALIFORNIA HAS NO MONEY! I'm not happy that we have to borrow more from other states and federal.

I would like to see him tackle the illegal immigrant problem ravaging us more strongly. Be it, going to the federal government and demanding them that they do there jobs, providing what ever assistance to the U.S. Border Patrol, or standing at the U.S./Mexico border with a lot of BFGs and proclaim: "You vill haf to come through ME if you vant to cross." (I'm all for option 3 BTW).

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-08-09, 4:08 PM #5
He's unpopular with the Mexicans anyway, might as well go all out. From what I've heard though, he seems to be doing a pretty good job as governor.

------------------
Wisdom is the correct application of knowledge.
Life is beautiful.
2004-08-09, 4:17 PM #6
While entertaining, he hasn't actually done anything good for CA yet.

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-09, 4:21 PM #7
Yeah, I guess he is a good governer when compared to all those "girly men" that he has to do work with.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378

[This message has been edited by SavageX378 (edited August 09, 2004).]
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-08-09, 4:30 PM #8
He's been doing a pretty good job, as far as I'm concerned. He's cut a good deal from a bloated budget, got the budget passed in a reasonable amount of time and I like his plan to cut back the state buracracy

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-09, 4:41 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
He's been doing a pretty good job, as far as I'm concerned. He's cut a good deal from a bloated budget, got the budget passed in a reasonable amount of time and I like his plan to cut back the state buracracy
</font>

Oh so it did pass. Yeah where the hell have I been.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-08-09, 5:29 PM #10
I voted for him, and he has been doing a great job thus far.

Gray Davis should never have been governor-- with Davis, you could get practically any agenda you wanted passed through if you gave enough funds to his campaign. That's how that whole illegal-immigrant drivers licence probably got passed.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-09, 5:33 PM #11
Why is it that people who are totally new to politics tend to be more successful than those that have made a career out of it?

------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-09, 5:34 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Why is it that people who are totally new to politics tend to be more successful than those that have made a career out of it?

</font>

b/c people trust them more. Politics hasn't "corrupted" them yet.

Besides, who can hate the terminator? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-09, 5:37 PM #13
The fact is Arnold could be destroying California and people would love him. The man has charisma and he can captivate people. Which are the two most important things in being a successful politician. If people love you, you'll win. And alot of people love him.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-09, 7:44 PM #14
He is da Governator!
2004-08-09, 7:49 PM #15
He's doing okay. I was surprised at his stance on environmental issues, though. That was a nice surprise. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-09, 8:08 PM #16
Considering the poor situation the state was in when he started, he seems to be doing a pretty good job.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-10, 5:51 AM #17
Who cares? He is teh Terminator!
2004-08-10, 6:06 AM #18
H3 iz t3h Ultim4t T3RMIN4T0R-G0V3RN4T0R
(T3-G3)

------------------
This IS the best place.
DEFINITION OF ZERO POINT ENERGY
The amount of vibrational energy associated with matter, as the parameters defining that matter decline to zero.
2004-08-10, 10:17 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Who cares? He is teh Terminator! </font>

You may find it funny, but us Californians who took it up the *** during Davis' second term find Arnold to be a welcome relief.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-08-10, 2:22 PM #20
Grey Davis had a second term? How did he get reelected?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">or standing at the U.S./Mexico border with a lot of BFGs and proclaim: "You vill haf to come through ME if you vant to cross." (I'm all for option 3 BTW).</font>

Somehow I can picture Arnold doing that.

It's too bad he can't be in any movies since he became governor. I could have sworn that they were considering a third Conan.
2004-08-11, 1:00 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
He's doing okay. I was surprised at his stance on environmental issues, though. That was a nice surprise. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

What is his stance on environmental issues?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-11, 1:02 PM #22
Bush should be courting the hell out of Arnold right now. If Bush would win CA, second term is in the bag.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-08-11, 1:23 PM #23
Arnold is pretty liberal, though. He could probably run in the democratic ticket, but he had to the the republican to get in office.
2004-08-11, 1:57 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nubs:
Bush should be courting the hell out of Arnold right now. If Bush would win CA, second term is in the bag.</font>

The way he's playing things, he will lose California big time.

------------------
2004-08-11, 2:11 PM #25
Quote:
Arnold is pretty liberal, though. He could probably run in the democratic ticket, but he had to the the republican to get in office.</font>

Didn't his wife attend the Democratic National Convention?
2004-08-11, 2:26 PM #26
I think that while Arnold is Republican, his wife is actually Democratic (which could explain some of Arnold's more liberal acts/opinions...).

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-11, 3:57 PM #27
His wife is a psrt of the Kennedy family. A cousin or something along those line

Quote:
Arnold is pretty liberal, though. He could probably run in the democratic ticket, but he had to the the republican to get in office.</font>

He's been a republican for years. He knows Bush Senior pretty well and did some work for him when he was president.

True that winning California would more or less seal the election for Bush, I don't think his camp is counting on it. It's jsut way too liberal here.

------------------
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!