Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Doom 3 Mods
Doom 3 Mods
2004-08-11, 2:36 PM #1
Yes I know, another Doom 3 thread, but hundreds of mods have been released already for it and I was hoping we could weed out a lot of the bad ones.

I'm using:

Easy Grenade Toss Mod
Basically it makes your right mouse button throw a grenade (much like Halo's system).

Doom Classic Shotgun Mod
It increases the rate of fire for the shotgun but the pellet spread is significantly decreased. The damage of each pellet is also reduced and the reload time is doubled (each reload animation only reloads one shot instead of two) to help keep things balanced.

Trent Reznor Sound Pack
These are a lot of the original sounds that were developed by Trent Reznor. It replaces some of the monster sounds, weapon sounds, and some player sounds. The only problem is you have to use Gamespot's proprietary download service to get it (I haven't found a mirror yet) but it's worth it (just uninstall the software after it's done downloading).

Anyway, post what mods you're using!

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side

[This message has been edited by Evil_Tofu (edited August 11, 2004).]
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-11, 2:55 PM #2
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:

Easy Grenade Toss Mod
Basically it makes your right mouse button throw a grenade (much like Halo's system).
</font>

Oooh sweet...wait....I binded right click to the torch, which is very handy. Hmm, decision decisions.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonk WoW Petition <- SIGN!
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-08-11, 2:57 PM #3
OMG KICKBANFLUD00M

The easy grenade looks interesting. Hrmmm...

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-11, 3:00 PM #4
Awesome, I haven't got around to downloading any MODs yet so this will start me off nicely until someone releases a remake of the last level of Knee Deep in the Dead.

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-08-11, 3:05 PM #5
Yeah a level like that would kind of kill my computer.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-11, 5:13 PM #6
I'm using a mod called DuctTape, I'm not sure where to get it, but a quick google ought to pull it up. It makes the machinegun shine a light in the direction you're aiming. Basically you've "duct taped" the flashlight to your machinegun. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-08-11, 5:20 PM #7
I had that for a couple of levels, but it seemed to cheap to me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]
So I'm trying to play the game it was meant to be played (I'm still angry at myself I like the shotgun mod). But the easytoss grenades make the grenades actually useful.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!