Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Soldier of Fortune....
Soldier of Fortune....
2004-08-11, 7:24 AM #1
Well I play a lot of soldier of fortune and Im having trouble with this problem. I want those cool colored names in multiplayer!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] Everyone has them and I dont.

Does anyone know how to get these? I figure it has something to do with the + setconsole thing but I have no clue.

Help.
-Xizor

------------------
"The first thing she said when she got in the car was, Mom i aint a virgin anymore. I slapped the hell out her. I spend all this money for you to go to college and your still saying AINT?!!!?!!" -last comic standing
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-08-11, 7:29 AM #2
Umm... Google?

------------------
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
2004-08-11, 11:14 AM #3
i lost my virginity to Google.

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-11, 11:25 AM #4
Colored names...aren't...cool.

Just so you know. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-11, 12:55 PM #5
I'm sure the color names are done the same way as it is done on any Quake engine game. Just type ^ + a number (which choose a color) and type stuff after it. For example, if you wanted a red I, type ^1I. The ^1 sets next letter to red. Just experiment with different numbers until you get what you want.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-08-11, 12:57 PM #6
Google hasnt been helpful. But um i guess ill try your theory savage.

And thrawn, WHATS WRONG WITH THEM?? lol

------------------
"The first thing she said when she got in the car was, Mom i aint a virgin anymore. I slapped the hell out her. I spend all this money for you to go to college and your still saying AINT?!!!?!!" -last comic standing
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-08-11, 1:04 PM #7
I don't know if they're making a comeback or whatever, but back in the days of Quakeworld coloured names really were the sign of wannabe script kiddies and were the complete opposite of cool. Especially as it seemed to be necessary to have a coloured name that was the same colour as their Quake dude, making it unreadable in the score list.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-11, 5:56 PM #8
Do you play 2? I don't game that much anymore.. but SOF2 is where it's all at for me right now. I play Deathmatch for a half hour or so everday if I'll be home.

What's your name? I'm puffermonkey
2004-08-11, 6:56 PM #9
Its all good now. Ive found a nice little site that does it all for me. Thanx anyway guys!

------------------

↑ Up to the top!