Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → That was bad editting
That was bad editting
2004-08-11, 6:21 PM #1
Okay, I just got done watching Band Of Brothers. Two things: First, wow did that sex scene look totally fake. Second, the editting sucked. It seems there were important chunks just ripped out of the show. For instance, the first conversation between Winters and Compton. All of a sudden there are accusations about using the troops and vague references to a combat drop drill, etc, etc. Wtf happened? There are other areas where it seems it just sticks you into the middle of a conversation. Anyway, what did everyone else think of Band of Brothers?

------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-11, 6:24 PM #2
I think Band of Brothers is brilliant, and any slander against it will result in death.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-11, 6:28 PM #3
*gets out lighter* and so shalleth the flaming commence!

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-11, 6:34 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
I think Band of Brothers is brilliant, and any slander against it will result in death.

</font>

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-08-11, 6:39 PM #5
Are you talking about the DVDs or the shows on the History Channel?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-11, 6:42 PM #6
Quote:

</font>

Libel.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.

[This message has been edited by Thrawn42689 (edited August 11, 2004).]
2004-08-11, 7:16 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
I just got done watching Band Of Brothers.</font>

Are you talking about a single episode or the entire series?

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.dreamtheater.net/disco_dreamtheater.php?s=sfam" TARGET=_blank> "Our deeds have traveled far,
What we have been is what we are."</A>
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-08-11, 7:18 PM #8
I recall seeing the entire series... I don't recall a sex scene?
Oh and I concur there shalt be no libel against it. Excellent piece of work and I can't wait to see Saints and Soldiers.

------------------
Ya know? Common sense? Not really that common...
Get with the Carnage!
Ya know? Common sense? Not really that common...
2004-08-11, 7:25 PM #9
The only sex scene I can remember is when they're relaxing in that Dutch town, one of the Privates is getting it on with a local girl when his CO walks in. Something like that. That goes for about 30 seconds, and yet that's the first thing you comment on about the series...?

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-11, 7:28 PM #10
It was at the beginning of episode 9 I think.

Quote:

</font>

I suggest watching it again, Kieran. One time through isn't ennough to really grasp everything

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-11, 7:30 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
The only sex scene I can remember is when they're relaxing in that Dutch town, one of the Privates is getting it on with a local girl when his CO walks in. Something like that. That goes for about 30 seconds, and yet that's the first thing you comment on about the series...?

</font>

Sex sells!

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-11, 7:35 PM #12
There was a sex scene in Band of Brothers!?

<_<
>_>

------------------
www.tednation.tk

↑ Up to the top!