Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New York.
New York.
2004-08-11, 4:08 AM #1
Im goin to New York tomorrow and i wanted to know if there is anything special there that i should see? keep in mind ill be with a french man and an old lady

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-11, 4:35 AM #2
MBEGGAR!

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-11, 4:37 AM #3
Topic "Some photomagraphsss" in Showcase....

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-11, 5:33 AM #4
Hamburger.

------------------

░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-11, 5:56 AM #5
If you really want to see some cool things:
Times Square at night. There are alot of people, but it is nifty to see.
Go to Grand Central Station! It's on 42nd and Lexingon Ave. It's a beautiful building. If you do go there: When you are down in the food court, you'll see a ramp going upstairs. There will be a dome ceiling before it really opens up. Have one person stand facing the corner on one side, and someone else on the exact opposite corner. If you are both facing the wall you will be able to hear each other speaking even though you are far apart.

Take the Circle Line Boat tour if you can. Its a boat that goes around Manhattan island and the statue of liberty. I did it once, it was cool.

Central Park: Its cool to see, but it is just a park, so I dont know what you would do.

Ride the subway! You could take the subway from Grand Central to Times Square. It's a short ride, but if you have never been on the subway it's cool.
Dont bother looking for the raised subway from spiderman2 in Midtown, it doesnt exsist. The only raised subways are in the Bronx.

If you want to see a museum go to the Natural History Museum. I cant remember where it is, but you should have trouble finding it if you have a map or something.

hmmm what else... Oh, well if you want to go to that pizza place from Spiderman2: Get off the West 3rd stop from the subway. Walk towards Bleaker Street and it's right on the corner. There should be a park across the street.

Helpful information: The Subway is the easiest way to cover large distances fast. Taxis are slow because of traffic and whatnot. You can get a metrocard for $20. 1 admit to the subway is $2 and you dont have to pay again until you actually leave the subway system. Make sure you know where you are going because there usually is a subway that can take you within a few blocks of your destination. If you feel lost just ask someone at a store, or people that dont look too sketchy.

yea, that was a long post. If I confused you just ask and I'll try to clear it up.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-08-11, 6:03 AM #6
And a few small things:
Park avenue. It's cool and stuff.
Bagel shop is important. NY Bagels are yummy!
You also need to buy a hot dog from one of those street vendors. Not "should" you "NEED" to buy one of those hotdogs. It is key.
http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm
subway map! it's much easier to read when you get one on paper.
------------------

[This message has been edited by MBeggar (edited August 11, 2004).]
2004-08-11, 6:21 AM #7
Just find MBeggar and rape him for me.

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-11, 6:23 AM #8
:-o ok. i have my quest. ill will confront him slowly, seduce him and then ill make my move.

------------------

░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-11, 6:25 AM #9
BTW i am not a huge tourist. i use to live in Manhatten. but thanks a lot for your help MBegger. i think ill have a good time. and those New York Pretzels..mmm mm good. i love New York tho, a really great city.

[edit] oh yea nad im hoping to trip shrooms near that Alice statue in central park [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif][/edit]
------------------

[This message has been edited by Eric2Wonderful (edited August 11, 2004).]
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-11, 6:41 AM #10
Pedophiles and the girls who love them.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-11, 8:09 AM #11
Staten Island has a raised subway too, but there is no reason to go here that I'm aware of (it isn't just the Dump, but there still isn't anything incredibly exciting here as of yet).

I'd recomend the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Museum of Natural History, The Brooklyn Museum. But everyone's posts have been thorough. You could try to look into Yankee tickets if you're a baseball fan. Many of the the Manhattan subway trains have been replaced recently, so they're still in real nice condition.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-08-11, 8:18 AM #12
I'd go to Battery Park, only 'cause I want to see if it's the same as Deus Ex...

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-08-11, 8:41 AM #13
haha indeed. i love all the museums, and im looking forward to at least one of them. i dont know what the frenchman wants to do(hes really from france and thats why we are going to the city) but im sure i can convince him into a little hot Natural History action.

------------------

░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-11, 12:39 PM #14
natural history sounds cowardly enough for a frenchman, i'm sure he'll be perfectly happy with spending his day doing that.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-11, 2:26 PM #15
Go to Harlem....I hear the people there are quite nice.
2004-08-11, 5:29 PM #16
Some parts of Harlem aren't too bad.

------------------
2004-08-11, 5:33 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eric2Wonderful:
i love...one...frenchman ...but im sure i can convince him into a little hot...action.

</font>

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 5:37 AM #18
heh [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle

↑ Up to the top!