Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need help getting a TV static effect on some GIF animations...
I need help getting a TV static effect on some GIF animations...
2004-08-12, 2:27 AM #1
Yeah, basically we (some friends and I) have blogs (the old version of which you can read from the link below, but that is V2, not the new V3 we're working on); the new version has images going across the top of the page for our respective 'channels.' This labelling gave me the idea of having a static effect on the pictures every so often as part of a GIF image... trouble is even though I've found a picture of some TV static, getting it in is going to be tricky because I don't just want a frame of static to appear every so often; I need it to kind of fade in and out convincingly for a moment or two.

I've got Animation Shop 3 and PhotoDraw at my disposal, so if anyone knows any tricks with those, it'd be nice.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-12, 3:20 AM #2
This tutorial i wrote AGES ago for massassi might help:

http://www.massassi.net/tutorials/broken_tv/

------------------
Go To: HL2Central - The only HL2 site run by massassians and ex-massassians.

My turnips listen for the soft cry of your love. My insides turn to celery as I unleash my warm and sticky cauliflower of love.
Visit: Alcopedia.net the Alcoholic Encyclopedia

The user formerly known as EL3CTRO.
2004-08-12, 10:40 AM #3
I was going to recommend that. Hey, I used it a lot too.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-12, 10:46 AM #4
If you have flash, it's really easy to do scanlines/static and export it as a gif. I'm sure there's tutorials somewhere that explains how to do that, too.

------------------
</sarcasm>
Want a free ipod?
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7439474
It actually works, too.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-08-12, 11:15 AM #5
I just use Paint Shop Pro and make a couple different images using a noise plugin and make it grayscale.

↑ Up to the top!