Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Space: Above and Beyond
Space: Above and Beyond
2004-08-12, 1:29 PM #1
Back about nine years ago I used to watch this show. I really liked it, but I'm not sure if that was the result of my ten year old brain, so I've downloaded a bunch of episodes to re-check out. I was wondering if there was a DVD of VHS releae or something...

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 2:30 PM #2
fraid not
2004-08-12, 3:59 PM #3
Damn it. Shows are supposed to get cancelled because they're bad...

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 4:02 PM #4
What's the verdict? Was your liking it a result of a 10 year old mind, or was it really good? Because I used to like that show, too...

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-08-12, 4:26 PM #5
That was the best T.V. series ever..

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-12, 4:40 PM #6
Just finished the pilot. It's a winner.

I was able to find 9 episodes on Kazaa. If anyone has suggestions for finding more, feel free to speak out.

------------------

-MBeggar

[This message has been edited by Tracer (edited August 12, 2004).]
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 5:04 PM #7
eBay. Just dont expect DVD quality.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-12, 8:21 PM #8
BitTorrent

I wantched the whole series through a few months back and it was pretty good. Holds up, if you ask me. It had so much potential

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-12, 9:18 PM #9
I found this site where someone has copied the original masters to DVD...I'm considering buying that. Really cool series. So far I've seen Pearly, the pilot, the last episode, Dark Side of the Sun and the Chiggy Von Richtofen one (Angriest Angel and Dark Side I remember from when I used to watch the show). If you watch this, be warned that it ends on the cliffhanger of cliffhangers. It's also a pretty American show (US Marines save the galaxy), so if you're one of these anti-US people you probably won't dig it.

Spoilers:

I thought it was really cool how you could never predict who was going to die with too much accuracy. I mean, it was obvious with the occasional random marines that had never been seen before, but I did not expect Wang and Pags to die (well, I knew Pags was going to buy it because he wasn't in the eps I'd seen in '95, but still)...also with that tank driver in Pearly. He was the comic relief of that episode and he was KIA in like the first 15 minutes. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 11:23 PM #10
Yeah, I liked the Hawkes character, and the hardships he had to endure as a "tank."

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-13, 2:25 AM #11
I really liked it, but one thing I absolutely *hated* is that all the weapon props were repainted airsoft Steyr AUGs..yeah
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-08-13, 7:09 AM #12
Not all of them were. The marine rifle certainly wasn't

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-13, 9:52 AM #13
great series, always watched it when it was on, very griping, dark and at times bleak, provided a nice change from Star Trek and its happy happy outlook (dis re-guarding DS9 after 4th series)...

will take a look for the episodes when i get back to uni and broadband.

------------------
I heard someone say once that the world is a fine place and that it was worth fighting for....I agree with the last part.

People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots website
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2004-08-13, 4:09 PM #14
Just found four more episodes on Kazaa. This is so cool.

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!