Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → sports video games
sports video games
2004-08-10, 8:53 AM #1
okay, this topic is about sports video games.

i have been a madden fan for many many years. My question is:

Who will be a winner for the years coming, ESPN NFL Football or Madden? Discuss.

Second question:

What do you think about this years ESPN NFL Football 2K5/ Madden 2005? Discuss.
2004-08-10, 8:54 AM #2
I like the Pretty Pretty Princess video game.

------------------
"A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip."
-Raoul Duke, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
2004-08-10, 8:55 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Super S51:
I like the Pretty Pretty Princess video game.

</font>

Who can argue with that?

------------------
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
2004-08-10, 8:57 AM #4
wow, i just started the thread and its off topic. omfg
2004-08-10, 8:58 AM #5
That's S51. He likes to hijack threads he finds funny. Don't worry, you'll get used to him. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! | Mega-ZForums

Bot Pack JO | Let's Roll JK | Bespin JA | Patch Enforcer JK/MotS | Pac-Man JK

2004-08-10, 8:59 AM #6
ill keep that in mind.

im wathcing YOU!!!
2004-08-10, 9:20 AM #7
I've always like the Madden games myself... but I haven't played the ESPN games much.

------------------
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
2004-08-10, 9:26 AM #8
I just got owned playing the ESPN game.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-08-10, 10:09 AM #9
I read a big article that comapred the two games and they were both really good. THe reviewers gave an edge to 2k5 because it had a better dynasty mode and the game played a little but better. But, they said that Madden would win the battle between the two because of he Madden name.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-10, 10:11 AM #10
I really don't play too many sports games. Fight Night is pretty fun though.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by SG1_129 (edited August 10, 2004).]
2004-08-10, 12:15 PM #11
hey avenger do have the website to the article.
2004-08-10, 12:23 PM #12
I'd love to get into American football, but have no time, and no mega machine to play games on... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

But at least I've got System Shock 2, homeworld and Massassi to pass the time [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-10, 12:31 PM #13
well, you could always stick with futbol.
2004-08-10, 12:44 PM #14
I hate all the sports games. My friend has from like Madden 199* - Madden 2004 or 5 or whatever

WHAT IS THE POINT?! OMG THE PEOPLE ARE UPDATED! and the graphics are better! OMG OMG! Way to waste 50 dollars....

I never did like any type of sports game, they are just so boring and repetitive.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-10, 12:49 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ravage:
well, you could always stick with futbol.</font>

More of a rugby man as it happens.

Oh, and on-topic (kind of) THPS(1,2,3,4,UG) is the single most fun sports game franchise since Speedball.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-10, 2:04 PM #16
It's hard to say, some people say ESPN is better this year, while other says Madden is better this year. I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. If it's gameplay, I'll need to do more research on that.
2004-08-10, 2:34 PM #17
SAJN_master:

I believe his first two questions were:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
My question is:

Who will be a winner for the years coming, ESPN NFL Football or Madden? Discuss.

Second question:

What do you think about this years ESPN NFL Football 2K5/ Madden 2005? Discuss.

</font>

If you don't like sports games you obviously cant answer those two, so why dont you go shove a twinkie down your throat.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-10, 2:36 PM #18
I played ESPN for the first time this year, and I felt it was more fluid...I don't really know how to explain it. Madden gives me more excitment, but ESPN just feels more like real football. Being a football player, I might give ESPN a good chance, but I am EA for life.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-10, 2:45 PM #19
SAJN, nobody has asked anyone if they like sports games. If you really had to say you don't like them, something like "Eh, I don't really like sports games" would suffice.

And ubuu, no telling people to shove anything anywhere.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-10, 2:48 PM #20
I hated THUG.

Yeah I was never much of a fan of madden. Tecmo Super Bowl NOW!

Really though, I heard that the ESPN game was like 20 bucks? Maybe that's something else. But that's amazingly low for a brand new game. If so I think that'll give it an edge (could be wrong).

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-10, 4:12 PM #21
yeah Ubuu play nice. Don't tell me to shove anything down my throat. [Edit: Nahh, I better not]

Secondly, The first 5 or 6 posts aren't exactly 'on topic' I skimmed through the thread quickly and decided this was a thread on what people thought of sports games. So I replied with what I thought of sports games, maybe I should have 'double checked' the top post...oh well it's done and over with, geeze.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 10, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-10, 5:39 PM #22
Bah! Everyone knows the real sports games question is 'Will FIFA 2005 be any better than the dismal failure that was 2004?'.

Oh, and I'm hanging out for the next Tiger Woods game, too, 2004 was freaken good.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-10, 7:26 PM #23
Indeed, Spork.

SAJN: Because everyoneone lese is doing it? That a great excuse [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-08-12, 8:29 PM #24
2k5 is only $20. Hell of a deal

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-08-12, 8:42 PM #25
i can't get into football games... i've tried it just doesn't work for me...

now NHL and NBA 2k5 those i may consider

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-08-13, 7:26 AM #26
I like the occasional football game now and then, but I can't justify getting each release simply because some updated stats, players, etc.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-13, 7:32 AM #27
ESPN NFL 2k5 owns Madden this year, and for less than 25 dollars (half of madden) there is no way in hell you shouldn't buy 2k5 over Madden. It doesn't matter if Madden got a 9.5, and wk5 a 9.4, that means that the games themselves are both incredilby awesome. And why pay the extra 30 dollars for a game that is just equally good as the other.

2k5 has the better graphics, 1000000x better presentation, in my opinion more balanced and realisitic gameplay (not an offensive shoot-out like in Madden), and is just better overall. This is the year where Madden was dethroned in my opinion. I'm sure that Madden is a hella good game, but I just think that 2k5 is better.

Madden will win the battle thoughb ecause of the name. However, 2k5 did have really good sales this year, thanks to the 20 dollar price.

The best part is that all the Sega titles this year are only 20 bucks!

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-08-13, 2:23 PM #28
I heard the defense AI in Madden 2005 is better this year. I also heard the in game animations are more fluid.
2004-08-13, 3:15 PM #29
THat they are

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-08-14, 9:22 AM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
Bah! Everyone knows the real sports games question is 'Will FIFA 2005 be any better than the dismal failure that was 2004?'.

Oh, and I'm hanging out for the next Tiger Woods game, too, 2004 was freaken good.

</font>

Not sure about what people think in the states, but the Fifa series is just... rather pathetic.

Winning eleven 8 is the way to go =]

------------------
\(='_'=)/
\(='_'=)/
2004-08-14, 12:14 PM #31
If they could somehow combine the utter prettiness of FIFA with the superb game play of Winning 11, I'd be in soccer heaven

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-08-14, 1:13 PM #32
The Winning Eleven series is known as the Pro Evolution Soccer series at least here in Europe. Yes, it's lightyears ahead EA's soccer games. And Spork is weird for caring about Fifa 2004 and the upcoming Fifa 2005 when there's Pro Evolution Soccer 3 and the upcoming Pro Evolution Soccer 4. Because once you try PES/WE you never go back...

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-08-14, 1:28 PM #33
NFL Blitz all the way

------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited August 14, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-14, 1:39 PM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
NFL Blitz all the way

</font>

YES.

↑ Up to the top!