Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → reinstalled halo for the pc. now there's a problem
reinstalled halo for the pc. now there's a problem
2004-08-14, 10:01 AM #1
it says it has trouble accessing the game files in My Documents.
my OS and programs are on drive D.
there were old saved game files in there from last time i had it installed.

win2k pro.
ati radeon 9000 64mb
768mb ram
soundblaster live 5.1

any suggestions?

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-08-14, 10:04 AM #2
Copy them over? Give world write permission? Stop using microsoft products?

Isn't it funny how a microsoft game won't work right on a microsoft operating system?

------------------
Brian's Web Log is CLOSED.
2004-08-14, 10:09 AM #3
yeah. stupid thing. they should have installation processes that would be prepared for such a problem.

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-08-14, 10:10 AM #4
You change the drive-letter from last install? That could be a problem.

God I love Windows.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-14, 10:21 AM #5
Funny, I've used windows all my life and I've never had a big problem at all. It plays my games, it runs my programs, I'm happy.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-14, 10:25 AM #6
Yeah, there's always a few people who say that. I take it with a great big barrel of salt, seeing as how the last time I almost switched to linux (had Knoppix installed for a few days, actually) windows died on me because I tried updating my motherboard drivers, and even though it SAID they were installed, I booted up, and it couldn't read anything my motherboard was doing. Yeah.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-14, 11:11 AM #7
I got nothing against Windows....as I say this I'm using Debian Sarge [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Anyways, yeah, it's probably that it's still trying to access files from last installs. What Dj Yoshi said. That happens to a lot of my games. Like I had to reinstall Windows, and then when I tried to update Americas Army on my other drive, paths weren't found and all this crap.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-08-14, 1:39 PM #8
I've had few problems with Windows. And it's ME on top of that. But my processor is a piece of ****. I need a new one.

------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-14, 1:49 PM #9
Well whats your processor size? and whats the ghz? If all else fails.. Console downloading and re-installing/updating directx and the software for your gfx card. Updates help...

------------------
-- [url="mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com"]mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com[/url]Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com</A>--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
-- Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
2004-08-14, 3:51 PM #10

Direct X updates won't do anything. Stop trying to say they will. They do not increase performance, do not magically fix processors, GPUs, or RAM chips.

In the meantime, free booze for all.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!