Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Who's in charge around here?
Who's in charge around here?
2004-08-14, 2:58 AM #1
Hey guys. I haven't been around here for a while. I was wondering how things are going. Is Brian still in charge of Massassi? What happened to Massassi 2 that was in the works? How is Massassi coping with hosting and domain expenses? Is the JK editing community still active or did Massassi turn into a discussion-only community? Did Outcast/Academy editing ever take off? Is Massassi planning on expanding to other games?

Also, I noticed there's no way to contact Brian. What's up with that?

------------------
Dreams from a dreamer from afar to a Fardreamer.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2004-08-14, 3:00 AM #2
Heh, I just noticed Brian is still actively posting here. Hey there, Brian [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Dreams from a dreamer from afar to a Fardreamer.
2004-08-14, 3:01 AM #3
Brian ceded complete control to me a few months ago. JK still has a few diehard editors, but no one's really working on anything big for either JO or JA.

Also, if you need to talk to Brian, uh, you can just email me..yeah!
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-08-14, 3:01 AM #4
Brian's back.

Some people make levels, but it is nothing compared to the situation few years ago.

Jedi Outcast and Academy have sucked enough to almost die.

The community seems to be more discussion-only than it has ever been.

Massassi 2 is just there, nothing else.

Nice to see you again.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-08-14, 3:07 AM #5
Hmm, thanks for the info. Can't say it's not sad, but I guess it was inevitable.

And what's with the stupid member titles? I was hoping Massassi would never get to that... in any case, how can I be a Massassi Warrior in an old thread of mine and a Jedi Knight when I post here?

Oh, and Sine, thanks, I think I will [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2004-08-14, 3:07 AM #6
<double post - I used to be able to delete those>

[This message has been edited by Fardreamer (edited August 14, 2004).]
2004-08-14, 6:08 AM #7
You have to have 0x1337 posts before you become a Massassi Warrior, (which is a little under 5,000).

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-14, 7:56 AM #8
really?

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-14, 7:56 AM #9
3313 damn it all.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-14, 8:24 AM #10
Don't worry about it.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-14, 8:35 AM #11
I'm still around. You showed back up in the slow season (summer). Welcome home! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

I haven't had much time to dedicate to Massassi. I'm hoping I will have more when things slow down at my "real" job. We are still hosted for free at Recon, and I hope they continue that.

------------------
Brian's Web Log is CLOSED.
2004-08-14, 8:46 AM #12
Hey!!

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-08-14, 8:50 AM #13
http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/031705.html
I'm a warrior on that thread.

Erm, not like I care or anything [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Thanks Brian, although I can't say I'm "home" because I really don't know how often I'll be posting here, because I'm usually very busy. But I do occasionally check out some threads here and there (whatever my brother shows me - he's a regular). Anyway, posting here again is very nostalgic - brings back memories of drooling over almost two pages of eyecandy on the showcase forum each time I logged on, of hours of cogging experiments, and of infinite pointless threads about religion, evolution and terrorism...

Ah, those were the days... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
2004-08-14, 9:05 AM #14
That was during a short period of time when Massassi Warrior status was granted to everyone with more than 500 posts.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited August 14, 2004).]
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-14, 9:23 AM #15
You must throw cheese at your creators to be let back in. I did it, sine_nomen did it, warlord did it. Yeah.. we all did.... Here some cheese...

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-08-14, 9:43 AM #16
Who be your bro?

Fishstickz--screenshotted your 0x1337

------------------
There is no signature

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited August 14, 2004).]
D E A T H
2004-08-14, 12:39 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Jedi Outcast and Academy have sucked enough to almost die.
</font>

You're a mean man.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
but no one's really working on anything big for either JO or JA.
</font>

And you are not much better.

Don't trust them, for they delight in predicting doom and ruination.

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-08-14, 12:54 PM #18
Face it lassev, JO/JA are about as dead as JK, and they've been out for a year.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-14, 3:58 PM #19
I dunno, I'm looking forward to TMU

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-14, 4:56 PM #20
Well I still got my personal JK gaming history made to be a TC for JA.. JK is as alive as JK is.. I mean I get game magazienes.. Wanna know something funny? JA is ranked #4 in the pc top seller games section.. SAD huh? If its being sold that many times.. Then WTF! Where are the gamers?

------------------
-- [url="mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com"]mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com[/url]Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com</A>--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
-- Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
2004-08-14, 5:09 PM #21
Brian gave power to sine nomen? Quite possibly the worst move in massassi history. That guy is a dick.

------------------
I don't care about your name, Red. I don't want to know your name. If you survive your first three or so battles, then maybe I'll learn your name. Not before. I used to learn the names, but it was a goddamned waste of time. Soon as I'd get to know a puke, he'd up and die on me. These days I don't bother.

-Horkin, Master-at-Wizardy
I don't care about your name, Red. I don't want to know your name. If you survive your first three or so battles, then maybe I'll learn your name. Not before. I used to learn the names, but it was a goddamned waste of time. Soon as I'd get to know a puke, he'd up and die on me. These days I don't bother.

-Horkin, Master-at-Wizardy
2004-08-14, 5:19 PM #22

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-14, 6:04 PM #23
Freelancer was here!

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
2004-08-14, 7:32 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
And you are not much better.

Don't trust them, for they delight in predicting doom and ruination.

</font>

You are refering to Sine Nomen, the one who launched one of the best looking single player level projects I've seen for JO. It's not like he wanted the game to die. His hard drive did die though, hence the tragic loss.
2004-08-14, 7:34 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RabidPlatypus:
Brian gave power to sine nomen? Quite possibly the worst move in massassi history. That guy is a dick.</font>

I just have to quote this because it made me laugh.
2004-08-14, 9:20 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fourwood:
I just have to quote this because it made me laugh.</font>

DITTO!!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
nytfyre m0d || f33l t3h p0w3r || t3h l0st c0gz || OMF > *
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-08-14, 9:37 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
Face it lassev, JO/JA are about as dead as JK, and they've been out for a year.

JediKirby

</font>

sorry, but you couldnt be more wrong. look in more places than massassi for comparing Jk to JO/JA.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-08-14, 9:43 PM #28
Has there been any progress on quality SP levels for JO/JA?

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonk WoW Petition <- SIGN!
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-08-14, 10:28 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedi Legend:

You are refering to Sine Nomen, the one who launched one of the best looking single player level projects I've seen for JO. It's not like he wanted the game to die. His hard drive did die though, hence the tragic loss.
</font>

Yes, such a thing can overpower a man and make him burdened by grief and sad thoughts.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
Has there been any progress on quality SP levels for JO/JA?</font>

BL@STER just released a level, although I have been too busy to test it, but I will today.

Eike Legien has a nice WIP of his imperially outpost part2. And CodjaX is presenting shots of a level that will make the loss of Sine Nomen's level a little easier to bear.

Mercenary, the author of JO Dash Rendar, is finishing one SP side project, which will no doubt be cool.

And then there's of course Thrawn's Greyscale Six (which has been showcased also here) providing some ST action.

If explorer even farther away, I could point at N3G1@'s Joining the academy project, which might succeed in the end.

Well, there are others still, I'm sure. It's against my ethics to suggest my own level would belong amongst "quality SP levels", but nevertheless it has been already submitted to Massassi (as an entry to the SP contest, but since that doesn't look like it's going to happen, I assume it will be posted in the ordinary way any day now, because I already sent it in a week ago).

Somebody else continue this list...

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS

↑ Up to the top!